3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Front end kit question ????

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2004, 06:37 PM

Front end kit question ????

Anyone know where I can get the grill,lights,and front bumper in this pic ?

I'm not big on exterior parts..but I think it will be a nice twist to all other max's around. Plus,it'll make it look even better lowered along with wheels and settle side skirts. I'm keepin the stock bumper(rear) though if I can't find a better one. All the full kits I have seen SUCKED !!!!

~BB~

Old 12-08-2004, 06:41 PM

Or this one by anychance ?

~BB~
Old 12-08-2004, 07:13 PM
Get Off My Lawn

The first pic has a Stillen front lip. The grill is custom made, you can do that with yours using the proper tools and time. I mounted mine to the hood. The headlights are BMW E36 lights which you can get on ebay, local BMW sales, etc, etc. The BMW is also a custom job and installation. There are a couple of nice right ups to help with that process.
The second image is also a custom grill, used wire mesh (like gutter guard you can get for under $2 at Lowe's or Home Depot). Each owner simply installed the mesh at different points on the grille. The second image also looks like an Erebuni kit and someone has cut out a portion of the bumper between the two turn signals to expand that area. Looks nice, but cutting out that portion is also a custom job and not part of any kit.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:01 PM

Thanks so much,I spent like an hour looking for both of thoughs...lol. With that note, I'mma go get the lip from stillen(the first one). I think it's more sleek and will give me ALOT[I] more room to MOUNT THE SOON TO COME I/C !!!!. As for the head lights,I was just curious to see if I could but them. I think I'mma just shove HIDS or blue hallogen bulbs in there. I do like the mesh grill idea with the GTR badge(man that sounded ricey...errrr)

~BB~
Old 12-08-2004, 08:05 PM
Im izz sexay

Don't do Hids unless you do the BMW E36 conversion. The light output will be crappy and will be a waste of money.
Old 12-08-2004, 08:29 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

The second pic is actually of a wings west kit that the guy modified by cutting the center out and adding mesh.
Old 12-08-2004, 11:57 PM
Get Off My Lawn

Yes! Wings West. Apologies. You're right. Thanks awsm66
Old 12-09-2004, 07:07 AM

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
Don't do Hids unless you do the BMW E36 conversion. The light output will be crappy and will be a waste of money.
n34jz had hid's in his stock lamps and they were ALOT better than stock or my e36's
Old 12-09-2004, 07:13 AM
Im izz sexay

Originally Posted by shavedmax
n34jz had hid's in his stock lamps and they were ALOT better than stock or my e36's
I forgot who did the HID conversion but they said that the light output was scattered everywhere and they gained some visibility but nit as much as they hoped for the cost.
Old 12-09-2004, 03:09 PM

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
I forgot who did the HID conversion but they said that the light output was scattered everywhere and they gained some visibility but nit as much as they hoped for the cost.

Then he mounted them in wrong....

As for the kits...anyone have anymore that I might have not seen.

~BB~
Old 12-09-2004, 03:21 PM

Originally Posted by Blackbob
Then he mounted them in wrong....

Not necessarily. This has been discussed at length on these forums. HIDs do NOT work well in our stock housing. Our light housing is designed to scatter light a lot, which is fine with non-HID bulbs, but with HIDs, the light gets so scattered that oncoming drivers get blinded. Even if you aim the bulbs lower, you will still scatter too much light.

What fun would his HIDs be if drivers just run into him head on and destroy the lights!
Old 12-09-2004, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by usmanasif
Not necessarily. This has been discussed at length on these forums. HIDs do NOT work well in our stock housing. Our light housing is designed to scatter light a lot, which is fine with non-HID bulbs, but with HIDs, the light gets so scattered that oncoming drivers get blinded. Even if you aim the bulbs lower, you will still scatter too much light.

What fun would his HIDs be if drivers just run into him head on and destroy the lights!

True

Then that explains why the BMW lights are so CLEAR compared to ours.....hmmmm. Awsome....I was referring to the HID fog lamps

~BB~
Old 12-09-2004, 03:44 PM

hey that Stu's ride. can't believe he left the Max though. well as for HID's in the stock housing is a waste of money. there is two guys were i live and both have a 3rd gen same color as mine but they also have HID's and their light output is terrible. don't get HID's in ur stock headlight housing cuz it sucks. just my $.02
Old 12-09-2004, 03:57 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Blackbob
Or this one by anychance ?

~BB~
I like that front end thats sick. Im looking for some kit to put on the front of mine. Does anyone know what the # on that kit and where is the best place to get it. Need something to hid the I/c and yes I have mine mouted and working already.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:05 PM

Originally Posted by usmanasif

i've been behind, inside and opposing jasons car and his HID's have never bugged me, on the contrary some stock hid's have blinded me more than his have going towards him. anyone who has gone from stock lighting to e36's knows how drastic the improvement is. well his hid's are an equal jump up from the e 36 lighting. scattered light or not i give them a thunbs up both on the receiving and giving end.
Old 12-09-2004, 07:50 PM

I can't afford e36's right now....is there a light similar to HIDS(like the sylvians). That I can put upfront that will atleast give it a much clearer light and nice blue hughe ?

~BB~
Old 12-09-2004, 09:35 PM

i had hids in my stock lights, i just aimed them down and they were fine toward oncoming drivers..... hids in 9004 are certainly better than halogen in 9004 but there are way better options. Comparing side by side my moms 5th gen stock hids vs mine, yeah what a night and day difference in beam pattern, although my color looked better (8600k). I took my hids out and am leaving them out until my projectors are in
Old 12-10-2004, 12:31 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by silverlinekenne
I like that front end thats sick. Im looking for some kit to put on the front of mine. Does anyone know what the # on that kit and where is the best place to get it. Need something to hid the I/c and yes I have mine mouted and working already.
Charles, when you gonna drop some pics, then? Don't go hidin' the facts from us, bro...

As for that kit, Wings West doesn't make it anymore. So, your best (and possibly ONLY) bet, is finding someone that's selling theirs - if they're still around, considering they're made of fiberglass..
Old 12-10-2004, 10:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Some of the pics are on my domain. B ut here is two of them. I have the piping done in all manural bent stuff now but dont have any pics yet. The i/c surpports up to 350hp may have to up grade later on. Well see
Old 12-10-2004, 02:31 PM

LOOKS GOOD ! And was just the pic I was looking for. So I know what exactly I'm working with so fas as clearance goes for a I/C. As for kits and stuff...I'mma go with the stillen ground effects. Works with the lines on the car better and give lip up front to make a I/C smile !!!

~BB~