3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

New to the forum, a few questions!

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2005, 09:06 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

New to the forum, a few questions!

Since I am new to the forum, I just bought a nice 1992 GXE from an elderly gentlemen who took great care of his car. It has only 80K miles and it is super clean, but totally stock.

I have a few questions and statements about my car

- I wanted to install a new Kenwood CD Player, I have the Crutchfield adapter harness, and the Antenna Adapter. But when I plug it in, The System is just working on the front speakers, since I have the "ACTIVE SPEAKERS" system for the rear speakers.. It is NOT a BOSE sound system. How do I bypass this system in order to make the rear speakers working?

- I have the On-off problem for the clock, did some of you made the repair (soldering) of the clock?

- For you Canadian guys, my daytime running lights are going crazy! Some time just one side very high beam works, ore some time both are working at reduced intensity as they should... Is it the Daytime running lights module that is defect? did some of you repaired it? (200$ at the stealership)

- I found the automatic transmission "slippery" when shifting between 1st and 2nd gear.. is that a normal characteristic of the Maxima with VG engine?

All in all, it's a very nice and comfortable car, I used to have VW's, but I love this Maxima, maybe the suspension is just too soft for me..

Thanks and happy new year to everyone!
Old 01-01-2005, 09:15 AM

Craig the superman has info for the clock, have to open, solder... Just wait, as I did, will stop from blinking...

Auto tranny is typically veeery soft. There's a tuneup pack I'll buy, others here have done it.

Read the forum stickies...

See my maximapage, I have veeery similar maximized golden pack, now gone through all its problems and documented for u to see.

Time to change shocks.