3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

what all can i do to my max

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2005, 10:46 PM

what all can i do to my max

what all can i do to my max to help it go fast and look good give me the list too thanks guys and yes it is the dreeded autoshtimatic!!!!
Old 01-02-2005, 11:14 PM

Originally Posted by kevin92redse
what all can i do to my max to help it go fast and look good give me the list too thanks guys and yes it is the dreeded autoshtimatic!!!!
I made -all can i do- 'list' for VG30E, most will fit u also, see my web page.

Maxima is HOT, and autotranny awesome! Even the loooongshift sickness has gone now after the tuneups [voltage/signal level Up!].
Old 01-02-2005, 11:53 PM

i dunno how to find ur web page i am like cmputer illiterate i guess or just cant see
Old 01-02-2005, 11:57 PM

my car has the looonnnnnngggggg shift sickness u speak of how did u fix that u say !!!! it would be so helpfull cause it scares me and i think my tranny is goona give out on me !!!! LOl
Old 01-03-2005, 01:24 AM

my car has the looonnnnnngggggg shift sickness u speak of how did u fix that u say !!!! it would be so helpfull cause it scares me and i think my tranny is goona give out on me !!!! LOl

under tha pic --->'sigh nature' is a click on page address TEXT- clicK On...

or here:
http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/748507/1

I am not 100% positive couse road so slippery that cannot full throttle and analyze. Waiting for summer...

Theres a service pack for tranny sliiiip... see GREAT stickies here or my page
Old 01-03-2005, 01:37 AM

what can you do to your max to make it faster and look nice? it's your choice. if people are telling you how to customize your car, it's not really custom imo.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:10 AM

Originally Posted by Hectic
what can you do to your max to make it faster and look nice? it's your choice. if people are telling you how to customize your car, it's not really custom imo.
Hectic, I don't know you at all, but you seem to be a bitter person..I read a few of your posts and it seems like you knock people an awful lot!
FYI: You are right when you say that if people are telling you how to customize your car, its not really custom, however, Kevin simply asked about making it look NICER and FASTER period. Never mentioned "customizing". Why even bother with your input if your not even trying to help?
Old 01-03-2005, 08:19 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by Hectic

wise words.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:27 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by LMaRiE91MaXiMa
Hectic, I don't know you at all, but you seem to be a bitter person..I read a few of your posts and it seems like you knock people an awful lot!
FYI: You are right when you say that if people are telling you how to customize your car, its not really custom, however, Kevin simply asked about making it look NICER and FASTER period. Never mentioned "customizing". Why even bother with your input if your not even trying to help?

he's just giving his opinion...you can agree or disagree with them..but don't start making personal attacks telling people that they are bitter and etc.
Old 01-03-2005, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
he's just giving his opinion...you can agree or disagree with them..but don't start making personal attacks telling people that they are bitter and etc.
I didn't make a personal attack. In fact, I clearly mentioned that I DONT know him, so therefore it is not personal. And I carefully chose my words for this very purpose (someone trying to tell me I'm talking crap when I'm not!) I said that it "SEEMS" he is bitter. I NEVER said that I know for a fact he is bitter and certainly did not "personally attack" him. Sorry for your confusion. It just seemed to me that he was "attacking" the guy, Kevin for his non-creativity in customizing his car...which just seemed a little harsh when all the guy was looking for was some good tips and pointers from fellow Maxima owners....
Old 01-03-2005, 03:59 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I didn't make a personal attack. In fact, I clearly mentioned that I DONT know him, so therefore it is not personal. And I carefully chose my words for this very purpose (someone trying to tell me I'm talking crap when I'm not!) I said that it "SEEMS" he is bitter. I NEVER said that I know for a fact he is bitter and certainly did not "personally attack" him. Sorry for your confusion. It just seemed to me that he was "attacking" the guy, Kevin for his non-creativity in customizing his car...which just seemed a little harsh when all the guy was looking for was some good tips and pointers from fellow Maxima owners....
right...Kevin is looking for info and ideas...not you posting on your thought about other members. in the future please PM the person if you feel that you don't agree with what was posted.
Old 01-03-2005, 05:17 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

what the heck kind of post was that
Old 01-03-2005, 06:10 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Kevin, not all threads go off like this one has. The org is a great place to get ideas and to keep our beloved max's running great. You can get a lot of ideas what to do by reading lots of posts and checking out people's signatures. Lots of times they will list their mods and give links to their websites where you can see and read even more. The thing is- do what YOU want to do with the car. Whether that is what it looks like or how quick it is --it's up to you and your wallet. Geez, sometimes I feel like I'm the Dad here!!
Old 01-03-2005, 06:53 PM

I would start out with an underdrive pulley from ASP (www.aspracing.com, call them up, they might sell you one for $100 shipped, maybe).

also a Y-Pipe from WarpSpeedPerformance www.warpspeedperformance.com will make a good difference. Then probably go with an intake.
Old 01-03-2005, 06:59 PM
blacks92seAuto

Originally Posted by MrGone
I would start out with an underdrive pulley from ASP (www.aspracing.com, call them up, they might sell you one for $100 shipped, maybe).

also a Y-Pipe from WarpSpeedPerformance www.warpspeedperformance.com will make a good difference. Then probably go with an intake.
thats funny...I went with intake, then full warpseed exhaust, then asp pulley, it was $120 with sleeve on it shipped i think....

Old 01-03-2005, 07:22 PM

Originally Posted by blacks92seAuto
thats funny...I went with intake, then full warpseed exhaust, then asp pulley, it was $120 with sleeve on it shipped i think....
I did my Fidanza/Exedy first (so I could actually drive my car lol)
then just a Stillen Pop-Charger that I did some work for.
Then my CAI and grounding kit (both Jeff and myself made)
Then my test pipe (on and off. I really don't like it but forget that I dont and need reminders )
Then the Greddy (cause of a trade)
Then the Y-Pipe (which I should have just listened to Jeffy and bought right away because its awesome)

UDP is in the garage, along with the stainless clutch line waiting to be installed.

I'm not even going to bother with a high-flow cat unless its insanely cheap, and I'd only buy it to say I have one .

I'm sure I'm forgetting stuff but oh well.
Old 01-03-2005, 08:12 PM
mod or sell?

ASP is currently $120 on the pulley, I'm trying to work a large group deal (about 15 people) if anyone is interested for the VE.
the UR UDP for the VE is not gonna happen until there is 30 people and it's gonna be $150 ea
Old 01-03-2005, 08:54 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
ASP is currently $120 on the pulley, I'm trying to work a large group deal (about 15 people) if anyone is interested for the VE.
the UR UDP for the VE is not gonna happen until there is 30 people and it's gonna be $150 ea
The last GD on the ASP pulley was $99 shipped but was through RPM outlet and took a long time to complete.

I thought they never put the UR VE pulley into production :-/
Old 01-03-2005, 09:10 PM
blacks92seAuto

The last GD on the ASP pulley was $99 shipped but was through RPM outlet and took a long time to complete.

RPM outlet no longer carries the VE pulley....I had talked to them on the phone because I had already paid for one, and waited a month, then they told me that they were out of stock and had no idea when they were getting in again if at all....so they told me to get it form ASP.. which was $120 with sleeve, shipped...GD would be cheaper if you could get the numbers who wants 1...I didn't notice too much of a difference with the pulley.I got an auto tho....but it did fix that damn oil leak.

Old 01-03-2005, 09:20 PM
Banned

Stereo system to replace the BLOSE.
CF Gauge Overlay and Motostorm Gauge rings.
2005 Mazda RX8 Shift ****
AE Pedals
Resonator Delete - used a Cains Relish Cap but can also use PVC pipecap
WSP y-pipe
Carsound Highflow cat
Replace 02 sensor
Replaced Clutch

Tried the ASP pulley, didnt fit right, sent it back.... RPM hasnt sent it back to me....

Painted older style grille
Switched to older style tails
Fog lights - PIAA 1500xt
Swapped in interior from my 1989 SE
Upgraded trunk lighting using spare fog light
Body work - DS rear door replaced, Swapped trunk from GXE, removed door mouldings
Installed GXE 3rd brakelight in rear deck

Currently working on:
Supercharger setup for VE.
Center Console Gauge cluster and Climate control relocation kit.

Future plans:
BBK w/rims
Possibly front chin spoiler (stillen)
Cefiro Headlights w/ HIDs
Koni/Eibach combo
WSP underbody braces
Lots o' Blemco suspension stuff
Basically a whole new drivetrain...
Old 01-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by 1992maxman
Stereo system to replace the
Resonator Delete - used a Cains Relish Cap but can also use PVC pipecap
i know it's off topic but. Don't you loose some low end torque if you plug the hole?
Old 01-03-2005, 10:19 PM
blacks92seAuto

Originally Posted by 1992maxman
Stereo system to replace the BLOSE.

Replaced Clutch

Tried the ASP pulley, didnt fit right, sent it back.... RPM hasnt sent it back to me....
mmmm who tried to install it and how much effort you put into it....I had to hammer the **** out of mine to get it on ALL the way

Old 01-04-2005, 01:53 AM

is the y-pipe and UDP available for the VG30E as well..?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:11 AM

long Live VG30E!

Originally Posted by Phatsta
is the y-pipe and UDP available for the VG30E as well..?
Sure it is.

Block is the same.

What is different to VG30DE (horsepower - blaah):
- Intake systems
- Variable Valve Control VTC (pleasure soudtrack???)
- Ignition is via individual high voltage coil packs, (no distr)
- Tachometer is not under distributor hihii
- Few sensors more (keeps internetautomator in business)

...whatelse?
Old 01-04-2005, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by Wiking
Sure it is.

Block is the same.

What is different to VG30DE (horsepower - blaah):
- Intake systems

...whatelse?
Thanks for helping a

I have no experience of these engines, I always used to rebuild simple engines, like volvos and such. Those machines are easy, but no fun. I'm thankful as hell for the org..! Without it I wouldn't even wanna replace the plugs

So if I got this right... the VG is a better engine?

Wiking, what do you think about bolting on a 300zx turbo onto this engine? Would it be safe?
Old 01-04-2005, 04:14 AM

Originally Posted by Phatsta
Thanks for helping a

I have no experience of these engines, I always used to rebuild simple engines, like volvos and such. Those machines are easy, but no fun. I'm thankful as hell for the org..! Without it I wouldn't even wanna replace the plugs

So if I got this right... the VG is a better engine?

Wiking, what do you think about bolting on a 300zx turbo onto this engine? Would it be safe?
Volvos maximized security vs. Maximas maximized complex comfo. Maxima won the contest. And how it behaves on the road -SSuper! ..even in my grandaddy mode.

Hmm VG vs. VG. ?. ... better to me: simpler. Maximized complexity already...

Turbo? Mee wannabee no authorititityy on that...
What I hear, std maxima tranny no good. Comb through this .org, just viewed the other day somebodys maxima turbo, 350hp? Theres a story for 500hp turbo where they rebuild the block scientifically... So u want to try maximized pushing the higway?

Take out the idle horses from u stall first. 220hp veeery likely...

Would that turbo be safe? - not to me at least, I would use it ...
Old 01-04-2005, 04:28 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by zoltan
i know it's off topic but. Don't you loose some low end torque if you plug the hole?
Plugging the hole is equivalent to replacing it with a short ram tube, so the gains will be similar, perhaps slightly less because it isnt as smooth inside.

Not sure off hand about any low end torque losses, but the resonator I believe just muffles the intake charge, my butt dyno says I gained a little at least in the upper realm.

Brian
Old 01-04-2005, 06:17 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by UR
Brian,
We need about 30 pre-orders to make that pulley. We want to make it
but demand has been really weak up to now. It would run $150.00 per pulley
for the first batch of 30 plus $10.00 shipping for UPS ground in the
continental US. 4-6 weeks turnaround from when we get all 30 orders.

Thanks for your interest,
President & Sales Director
Unorthodox Racing Inc.

that's what they said
Old 01-04-2005, 06:27 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by Wiking
Sure it is.

Block is the same.

What is different to VE30DE (horsepower - blaah):
- Intake systems

...whatelse?
fixed it....
Old 01-04-2005, 07:19 AM

Originally Posted by DanNY
right...Kevin is looking for info and ideas...not you posting on your thought about other members. in the future please PM the person if you feel that you don't agree with what was posted.
aren't we?
Old 11-02-2009, 10:33 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

- you know you have a VG30E motor right?
- bumping a thread that's 5 years old for a place to throw your pics in is not a good way to start in this forum. we have a newbies thread in the stickies that you probably just scrolled past.
- not a good way to "rack up some posts".

Originally Posted by ve30max
Hey guys, I suppose i need to rack up some posts. Here we go: pictures from my rebuild project.

There you have it. This is my first post and I look forward to being a part of this community.