3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

body kit not compatible?

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2005, 06:34 PM

body kit not compatible?

Hey take a look at this
http://www.stillen.com/product_images/ST8250_f.jpg
concentrate on where the license plate is
then take a look at this
http://www.cardomain.com/id/phatsta

those two wont go together without massive fabrication, right..?
Old 01-07-2005, 06:41 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

looks like it
Old 01-07-2005, 06:43 PM

http://www.newshampark.org.uk/bignis...es/stuscar.htm

that's Stu from England. Looks like in the later pics he did make it closer and he worked at a body shop so I dont think he had any trouble with that
Old 01-07-2005, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»

that's Stu from England. Looks like in the later pics he did make it closer and he worked at a body shop so I dont think he had any trouble with that
damn his car turned out hot!

yeah I also need to get rid of those ridiculous rear fog lights so I guess a couple of kilos of plastic padding is the answer. damn you americans have it all for free just kidding!

there's about 4 or 5 places that needs new metal coz it's rusted so if I could manage that I'd sure be able to fix this. at least now I know. thanks for your help!
Old 01-07-2005, 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»

Damn i didn't even notice that on Stu's rear bumper. i thought he had the bumper just like us except with the rear reflectors or fogs on the rear.

Phatsa u shouldn't have problem once u put it on just modify the rear a little u know. the front will be fine but i think u should put the front plate the same way i did with mine.
Old 01-08-2005, 02:50 AM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
Damn i didn't even notice that on Stu's rear bumper. i thought he had the bumper just like us except with the rear reflectors or fogs on the rear.

Phatsa u shouldn't have problem once u put it on just modify the rear a little u know. the front will be fine but i think u should put the front plate the same way i did with mine.
actually I will... sort of

you see sweden is not like other countries. here they control you every way possible. all from every year emissions control to 'flying inspections' if you're stopped by the police, and my favourite - road laser cameras that take a picture of your license plate and your face and send you a ticket by mail if you're speeding. don't know if you have that..?

anyways, to get around this I wanna build a motorized license plate that can fold the plate inside out. that way it wont be visible to the cameras and they can't give me a ticket!

it's not really hard, I'll just glue metal holders on the back of the plate with a joint arm leading to the 12v motor. the trick is to make it so it's not visible that I messed with it.

serious about speeding
Old 01-08-2005, 06:32 AM
Banned

were you also looking for a grille??? I have a couple...
do you have your original grille?

Brian
Old 01-08-2005, 07:44 AM

Originally Posted by 1992maxman
were you also looking for a grille??? I have a couple...
do you have your original grille?

Brian
yeah I am. I talked to Red92 about that, he's suppose to put some possey together...

I have to think about ordering batches when I order from the us because obviously the freight costs are a bit higher to sweden and Red92 might get me some other parts as well. thanks for your offer though

I have my original grille though yeah..? http://www.cardomain.com/id/phatsta
Old 01-08-2005, 08:27 AM
Banned

interested in trading grilles?

I have a silver and a black one.

Brian
Old 01-08-2005, 09:34 AM

interested in trading grilles?

I have a silver and a black one.

Brian
I don't know, I think I want this one: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

but if you buy this one I can give you mine plus the difference
Old 01-08-2005, 09:43 AM
Banned

So... if I buy you the ebay one? and then you take care of/arrange the shipping?
Old 01-08-2005, 10:03 AM

So... if I buy you the ebay one? and then you take care of/arrange the shipping?
yeah sure no probs... let me just find out the facts, don't know what the shipping cost would be. I'll send u a pm
Old 01-08-2005, 10:10 AM
Banned

ok, if you are getting other stuff from Chris (Red92SE?) i could send to him so you can get everything shipped at once?

Brian
Old 01-08-2005, 10:26 AM

ok, if you are getting other stuff from Chris (Red92SE?) i could send to him so you can get everything shipped at once?

Brian
yeah that would be an alternative of course... except it's not gonna take place until march or so
you got a pm
Old 01-08-2005, 08:19 PM

Originally Posted by Phatsta
actually I will... sort of

you see sweden is not like other countries. here they control you every way possible. all from every year emissions control to 'flying inspections' if you're stopped by the police, and my favourite - road laser cameras that take a picture of your license plate and your face and send you a ticket by mail if you're speeding. don't know if you have that..?

anyways, to get around this I wanna build a motorized license plate that can fold the plate inside out. that way it wont be visible to the cameras and they can't give me a ticket!

it's not really hard, I'll just glue metal holders on the back of the plate with a joint arm leading to the 12v motor. the trick is to make it so it's not visible that I messed with it.

serious about speeding
over is pretty much the same thing only if u get caught goin' through the toll without paying they take a pic of ur take only and just send the notice by mail and make u pay here in Miami, FL. but in Indianapolis, IN. if u take a red light and caught speedin' there is a small camera on the traffic lights and a cop will be on ur a$$ shortly after. as for the motorized plate thingy reminds me of the movie "Transporter". that would be a nice mod . good luck on that.
Old 01-09-2005, 04:41 AM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
over is pretty much the same thing only if u get caught goin' through the toll without paying they take a pic of ur take only and just send the notice by mail and make u pay here in Miami, FL. but in Indianapolis, IN. if u take a red light and caught speedin' there is a small camera on the traffic lights and a cop will be on ur a$$ shortly after. as for the motorized plate thingy reminds me of the movie "Transporter". that would be a nice mod . good luck on that.
I'm thinking 'Jams Bond'
Old 01-09-2005, 05:18 AM

Originally Posted by Phatsta
I'm thinking 'Jams Bond'

The tsar is goin to get u to pay dear on the 'missing' plate. Its too visible its not... Just keep the sun visor down, at least for now in here, they need to identify the driver if ticket delivered.

Btw: What is the manufacturer for Craig/Stu bignissans -maxima exterior add on's, how much dinero? Want such grille...

My o pinion: darker color fits better on maxima....
Old 01-09-2005, 05:30 AM
mod or sell?

james bond had a rotating plate, that would change between 3 plates.
Old 01-09-2005, 06:19 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
You're right. That would not get attention.

How about LCD plates? Own PCU (=plate control unit) constantly changing, next get there some oxidation and you end driving with wanted plates...
Old 01-09-2005, 06:54 AM

Originally Posted by Wiking
Btw: What is the manufacturer for Craig/Stu bignissans -maxima exterior add on's, how much dinero? Want such grille...
That's the Stillen body kit. I know it cost him a lot to get it shipped over to England.
The grille is just something custom he made by cutting out the middle part and then I think he put some mesh in there.
Old 01-09-2005, 08:51 AM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
yeah, and in another film he had one that would fall down and missiles would come out from behind it