3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Just starting to fix

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2005, 02:52 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Just starting to fix

I bought my 89 max last year not knowing what a gem I had. Over the last year I ran into some financial difficulties and have not had the money or time to maintain my car the way that I should. I just decided to start trying to do some of the work myself. I am not going to mess under the hood because I know that I am not good at any of that stuff. Any way I wanted to know first how to install window regulator in the left rear and front windows, next how do I remove all of the seats? and is it hard to do. I want to vacuum and shampoo my carpet and seats, and lastly how do I install the side front lights? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Old 01-21-2005, 03:12 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Congrats on the Max. I know zero answer to your questions... I had to pay someone to put in a window regulator for me. I did watch them though. It is not hard but it does take a while... the door has a lot of screws in it. As I can recall, you take off the armrest and disconnect any power window switches/door lock. Then you pull off the cover and start unscrewing stuff until you can get to the window regulator. Then you pull out the window, unbolt the old regulator and replace it. Screw everything back on in reverse! (correct me if I'm wrong guys hehe)

Anyway, I just want to welcome you to the forum! I am sure other very knowledgable people here can give you a more indepth answer.
Old 01-21-2005, 03:41 PM

Originally Posted by diamante130
I bought my 89 max last year not knowing what a gem I had. Over the last year I ran into some financial difficulties and have not had the money or time to maintain my car the way that I should. I just decided to start trying to do some of the work myself. I am not going to mess under the hood because I know that I am not good at any of that stuff. Any way I wanted to know first how to install window regulator in the left rear and front windows, next how do I remove all of the seats? and is it hard to do. I want to vacuum and shampoo my carpet and seats, and lastly how do I install the side front lights? Any help would be greatly appreciated
Window Regulator Write-Up <--- go there and click on "How To" which is on top of his page and then click on the one that says "Window Regulator" and u'll know how to replace it urself. go through Craigs site to find the rest of ur answers as well.

BTW: congrats on ur Max.

good luck,
Rick
Old 01-21-2005, 03:42 PM

regarding window regulator: check craig's how-to website.

look for it in the stickies.

duh....you beat me to it.