3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

can't lock rear door...

Search this Thread

Old 01-23-2005, 10:21 AM

can't lock rear door...

My '94 has another problem. One of the rear doors won't lock. When you try and push down on the large button on the rear door interior to lock the door it seems to be "fighting back" and won't allow the button to stay down. Is this something wrong internally inside the door with the lock mechanism? My hope is for something like the door lock timer thing in the front of the car to be the problem, as that type of problem seems easier to fix than taking the door apart. Any cheap "fixes" that would work-like cutting the power cable to the door? (I know I'd loose power window function, but I don't care. I have to park on the street and it is obvious on our cars when they are unlocked because the lock/unlock button sticks up so far in view and I've already had some stuff stolen.) Thanks in advance.
Old 01-23-2005, 12:02 PM

If below freezing point, the lock system is wet now solid frozen. Get u car in warm carage, let blow hot air in the door for a day. (BLAAH: maybe u find out doesnt helpp...) Flood u locks liberally with CRC WD40 or equivallent moisture repellant. I mean floooood. Hopefully get it working...

My 2gen rear door locks were few years like that, froze without warning. Not anymore...

Dunno if this helps, or get u more desperate. Anyways, been there also