3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Breaking news about the Zmax product

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2001, 09:12 AM

The following are chronological email threads with my correspondence with a zMax executive. I wanted to get their side of the story regarding the additive, after hearing that the FTC had sued them.

Tell me what you guys think.

------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry it's taken so long to respond to your question.

The action undertaken by the FTC against our sister product zMAX is pretty much par for the course for automobile after-market products that appear on television commercials.

The FTC undertook similar actions against Slick-50, ProLong, & DuraLube. All of these companies settled with the FTC.

zMAX does not plan to settle. We intend to take our case to court because we strongly feel our claims are factual & our product has proven results spanning three decades.

===================
Ron Smith
zMAX Brands Coordinator
(704) 892-7717
www.gozmax.com
----- Original Message -----
To: Ron Smith
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 5:05 PM
Subject: Thanks for replying back

Dear Mr. Smith:

My uncle is a flight instructor at Teterboro Airport in New Jersey. He swears by "Avblend" and says that it is really a terrific product. When I asked him about Zmax .........he pointed me to the following link and told me that not all products are what they seem to appear to be:

http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2001/02/zmax1.htm

Can you explain this? I would really like to hear your side of the story.

Thanks.

To: Super Desi
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 8:51 AM
Subject: Re:

Yes, you can use AVBLEND in you auto. However, we suggest you try our zMAX product, which is far less expensive per ounce. And zMAX is packaged & intended for the oil, fuel, & transmission - whereas AVBLEND is only FAA recommended for the oil in aircraft.

And yes... we ARE the makers of zMAX also.

zMAX is sold at national auto stores nationwide such as Auto Zone, Advance Auto, Pep Boys, Checkers, & O'Reilly's.

===================
Ron Smith
AVBLEND Sales Director
Toll Free (877) 282-5363
http://www.avblend.com

To: info@avblend.com
Sent: Friday, April 20, 2001 1:53 AM

Hello:

Can I use Avblend in my automobile's engine?

Why do the maker's of Zmax endorse Avblend? Do you recommend their products?
Old 04-28-2001, 06:48 AM

Waste of money.....

Originally posted by superdesi
The following are chronological email threads with my correspondence with a zMax executive. I wanted to get their side of the story regarding the additive, after hearing that the FTC had sued them.

Tell me what you guys think.

Hello:

Can I use Avblend in my automobile's engine?

Why do the maker's of Zmax endorse Avblend? Do you recommend their products?
If oil is getting everywhere it belongs (bearings,pistons,cranks,camshafts etc) then I personally think any additive is a waste of money. Get an oil filter with an anti-drain back valve and you won,t have to worry about an engine at initial start up. I,ve got a 85 celica with 260,000 miles using regular oil and no additives. Still running strong.
Old 04-28-2001, 09:58 PM

Re: Waste of money.....

Originally posted by dch95

If oil is getting everywhere it belongs (bearings,pistons,cranks,camshafts etc) then I personally think any additive is a waste of money. Get an oil filter with an anti-drain back valve and you won,t have to worry about an engine at initial start up. I,ve got a 85 celica with 260,000 miles using regular oil and no additives. Still running strong.

I was a user of it.....until I heard about the suit.