3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Got my new ride

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2005, 06:22 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

Got my new ride

well the max is in the background but soon to be sold to maximaboi as long as things go well. so the max will still be around the org. Ill still be around the org i like it here even though i wont have a maxima at the moment. Does anyone know of pathfinder forums as nice as these ? Ive been on google and found none as big as maxima.org. any suggestions ?
Old 03-13-2005, 06:29 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

you know... Red92MaxSE has both a Q45 (pathy without the capability to go off-road ) and a VE 5spd.

moar pics of the maxima though
Old 03-13-2005, 06:35 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

id love nothing more than to keep both but i cant afford two car payments and insurance on both cars, im trying to get a house so every penny counts....
Old 03-13-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

looks nice, u gonna do any offroading with that thang?
Old 03-13-2005, 06:38 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

i might take it on the beach there isnt really any place to go "real" offroading around here that i know of.....
Old 03-13-2005, 06:44 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

move to the PNW

though
Old 03-13-2005, 06:45 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by MrGone
you know... Red92MaxSE has both a Q45 (pathy without the capability to go off-road ) and a VE 5spd.

moar pics of the maxima though
Shawn was close. I actually have a QX4, which shares a lot of the same components with the Pathy. I was an idiot and didn't do my research, so I am stuck with the VG33E. The next year they started putting the VQ35 in them.

Aside from my engine being a little bit of a dog, it's a great ride. Mine has different stuff, but they are pretty much the same. My wife drives it most of the time, so I don't mind it being underpowered.
Old 03-13-2005, 07:34 PM

or you could insure the Path during the winter, then switch and put the max on the road in the spring/summer
Old 03-14-2005, 06:41 AM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Maximan190
or you could insure the Path during the winter, then switch and put the max on the road in the spring/summer
Unless he paid cash for it, he has payments. If he has payments, he needs full coverage on it at all times because technically it isn't his and the banks don't like it when their cars are uninsured.
Old 03-14-2005, 07:22 AM

Pls try to use smaller pigs that would fit on the .org....
Old 03-14-2005, 08:23 AM

Nice Pathfinder, I've got a new Titan and there are a couple of forums for them, the best (imo) being titantalk.com. You might ask the mods there if they know of any Pathfinder forums. They are a good bunch of people and are always willing to help.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:34 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by Red92MaxSE
Unless he paid cash for it, he has payments. If he has payments, he needs full coverage on it at all times because technically it isn't his and the banks don't like it when their cars are uninsured.

ding ding, right answer, plus its a hassel to go to dmv everytime to swap over the registration, not to mention technically your supposed to get it inspected after each time too.
Old 03-14-2005, 11:58 AM

is this the official butt-buster.com mobile??
Old 03-14-2005, 12:03 PM

Originally Posted by Maximan190
wouldnt that mean u have to change the plates every season? and get the cars registered then unregistered etC?
Old 03-14-2005, 12:09 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Originally Posted by tripleGmax

is this the official butt-buster.com mobile??

no lol www.butt-buster.com is a quit smoking website that I did a while back, that site and www.tribecaworld.com I use to host my images because the hosting company I use for those two sites allow hot linking, my site www.jzullo.com and www.zullo-design.com the hosting company doesnt allow it and I havent switched them over to the new hosting company yet so thats why I dont host the images on my own sites.

but everyone thinks butt-buster.com is a **** website but its not.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:18 PM

haha, thats funny. i got 1and1.com as my host, they are friggin sweet(sorta)

jzullo off the hezzy

btw tribecaworld.com no worky

but maxima.gregg-henry.com does!
Old 03-14-2005, 12:25 PM
mod or sell?

I've got 1and1, lowesthosting and dreamhost. lowesthosting is the best of the bunch IMHO
Old 03-14-2005, 12:29 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

they are doing work on the servers thats why tribecaworld.com isnt working.

Im in the process of switching all my sites over to kentucky computing from crystaltech .Im in the middle of re-designing www.jzullo.com and as soon as I get that all done Ill switch that over to the new host as well.
Old 03-14-2005, 02:13 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

Originally Posted by Wiking
Pls try to use smaller pigs that would fit on the .org....
the pic does fit fine on my computer so im not sure what your seeing. my screen is 1024x768 and im using IE, sometimes netscape but it fits just pan the window over....
Old 03-14-2005, 08:44 PM
Banned

My new ride.

2002 SVT Focus

Thought I would add to the thread a bit....

Brian
Old 03-14-2005, 09:06 PM

Originally Posted by N34JZ
ding ding, right answer, plus its a hassel to go to dmv everytime to swap over the registration, not to mention technically your supposed to get it inspected after each time too.
well the car needs inspection every year anyway

oh well i guess its nice having 2 cars that are paid for
Old 03-14-2005, 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by Shugarhi
wouldnt that mean u have to change the plates every season? and get the cars registered then unregistered etC?
you could just swap the existing plates, paying the dmv for the registration swap is a hell of a lot cheaper than insuring both cars simultaneously. Thats what I did when my maxima was down last summer, I had the plates swapped to my truck, and now swapped back to max... but for now I have both of them insured because i use them both, havent decided what im doing with the blazer yet
Old 03-15-2005, 06:26 PM

insuring 2 stock cars for only one driver is stupid. now if you have a (or many) show car(s) and insure them as well as a daily driver then it makes sense, but to insure a truck strictly to use it only in incliment weather is retarded
Old 03-15-2005, 06:30 PM
mod or sell?

I think insurance companies are nuts, because they won't insure the driver rather than the car :Pissed:
Old 03-15-2005, 07:04 PM
YoU CaNt SeE mE

in jersey inspection is 2 years for the other poster. Also you cant swap plates in jersey from a car to a truck as far as i know. Truat me i DO NOT want to get rid of my VE, lots of memories with that car. but my budgets tight and when time allows ill buy another one. Im not leaving the board ill still be here( with a different avatar and sig of course) the org feels like a second family, heck ive been here for years why leave now.....
Old 03-15-2005, 08:07 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by shavedmax
insuring 2 stock cars for only one driver is stupid. now if you have a (or many) show car(s) and insure them as well as a daily driver then it makes sense, but to insure a truck strictly to use it only in incliment weather is retarded
I guess I am retarded.

I have three vehicles, all insured all the time. Two of them have liability only, the one with the payment (QX4) has full coverage. When you own more than one vehicle, the insurance is pretty low if you only have liability. On my pickup, I pay around $15 a month for insurance.

I live in a low crime area, though. I keep the Maxima in a locked garage, so I just have liability on it. I probably should get full coverage, but I am cheap.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:41 PM

I guess I am retarded.

I have three vehicles, all insured all the time. Two of them have liability only, the one with the payment (QX4) has full coverage. When you own more than one vehicle, the insurance is pretty low if you only have liability. On my pickup, I pay around $15 a month for insurance.

I live in a low crime area, though. I keep the Maxima in a locked garage, so I just have liability on it. I probably should get full coverage, but I am cheap.
when you live in ny and liability is $100+ a month(i pay 120, and thats with good driver discount, defensive driving discount etc) it makes no sense. now if you have a family that also uses the car(s) it makes sense to have a spare. i pay insurance on my maxima even though it sits most of the time just so i dont go back into assigned risk, and so i could cruise it around when i feel like it. i wish i could pay 15 bucks a month for insurance, i could have 10 cars for that price.
Old 03-16-2005, 09:30 PM

no one knows how much ins is in ny til they pay it out of their own pocket...most ny drivers i know purchase ins. out of state which is risky as hell...
Old 03-16-2005, 10:11 PM
Way out West

when you live in ny and liability is $100+ a month(i pay 120, and thats with good driver discount, defensive driving discount etc) it makes no sense. now if you have a family that also uses the car(s) it makes sense to have a spare. i pay insurance on my maxima even though it sits most of the time just so i dont go back into assigned risk, and so i could cruise it around when i feel like it. i wish i could pay 15 bucks a month for insurance, i could have 10 cars for that price.
$15 a month is just for my old truck. The total for all three is around $85 a month. Three cars for two people. I get a homeowner's discount, a good driver discount and I have a stipulation that I can't drive my truck more than 7500 miles a year.

It sounds like insurance in NY is pretty outrageous. I guess when you have all of those people and all of those cars crammed in such a small space, there are lots of accidents. It makes me thankful for where I live -- I don't think I could handle all of the congestion. It only takes me about five minutes to drive to work and I can go to Portland and usually set the cruise control for 95 percent of the hour long trip. No toll roads, no traffic problems. Of course, if I want food at 2 a.m., my only choice is Taco Bell
Old 03-16-2005, 11:01 PM

$15 a month is just for my old truck. The total for all three is around $85 a month. Three cars for two people. I get a homeowner's discount, a good driver discount and I have a stipulation that I can't drive my truck more than 7500 miles a year.

It sounds like insurance in NY is pretty outrageous. I guess when you have all of those people and all of those cars crammed in such a small space, there are lots of accidents. It makes me thankful for where I live -- I don't think I could handle all of the congestion. It only takes me about five minutes to drive to work and I can go to Portland and usually set the cruise control for 95 percent of the hour long trip. No toll roads, no traffic problems. Of course, if I want food at 2 a.m., my only choice is Taco Bell
i wish i was in the same boat. you have to admit though 85 bucks for full coverage on one car and liab on 2 is a heck of alot better that 120 for just liab on one car..............................mind if i use your address? j/k
Old 03-17-2005, 03:07 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

i wish i was in the same boat. you have to admit though 85 bucks for full coverage on one car and liab on 2 is a heck of alot better that 120 for just liab on one car..............................mind if i use your address? j/k
Sometimes, Juan, I wish we COULD use someone elses' address.
Old 03-17-2005, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima-4DSC
the pic does fit fine on my computer so im not sure what your seeing. my screen is 1024x768 and im using IE, sometimes netscape but it fits just pan the window over....
if .org is the only window, no problem. With multiple wins, its a problem as .org does not downscale pics and text runs outta win. Others pics do fit as they keep 600x800 format or less, for u oversize pics the win has to be stretched. Good pics, but actually no more value in the size. If the size was crucial, I would not complain...

Btw. IE is a big virus.
Old 03-17-2005, 05:21 AM

no one has anything to worry about. I will take the best care of this max. I have already rented a garage to put it in, so it wont have to be sitting outsid all the time.

I will still be posting on the .org for a long time to come. so everyone will be updated as to whats going on with it.

I go today (hopefully, nissan "forgot" to fax me a paper to sign) to sign all of the paperwork and my car over to nissan. they then told me that they will be using it to study in referance to the recall then they will be crushing it I am in the process of taking all the parts off of it that I need. its soo hard because I have to see my baby sitting there all torn up knowing whats going to happer to it.

I am going to be flying out on the 29th to pick up the car and drive it back. when I get back to cincinnati I will post about my trip!