3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Few ideas, questions.

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2005, 12:07 PM
- Product of Maxima.org -

Few ideas, questions.

Ok, since i'm in iraq, i have plenty of time to ponder things, most of the time i find myself thinking about my baby (black 92se 5spd).....first off, I'm buying a JDM VE30DE, gonna rebuild it completely, all new hardware, etc.

1.) Are any other engines compatible with the 92se? you know like the 240sx has the SR20DET....are there any swaps available?

2.) Is it possible to bore over the VE30DE, I'm sure it is, but never heard of anyone doing it.....not sure if the electonics will allow for it?

3.) The Maxima has so much potential, why is it not favored in the aftermarket world? (because its a 4door?) any theories?

4.) I'm looking into e36 headlights, but i dont want the same thing everyone else has...see many headlight designs i wold like to implement into my max, the Scion for example, but theres simple not enough room on the front of the car for a major modfication, such as the WRX tails in 'whats his names' ride. (sorry man, went blank)

5.) Ram air intake, if you fabricated a type of ram air system would it be of any use......any gains/losses?

6.) Cold air intake, the maxima comes factory with a "cold air intake" of a sort, just not as high flow as aftermarket, so if you increased the flow rate, ie. with a high flow filter, it would be just like a CAI without the flash of chrome, right?

7.) Brake rotors, Is it possible to install biger diameter rotors on the maxima, if of course you have bigger wheels and calipers to accomodate them? such as, take them from another car, with same slot size?

8.) Roof modifications, I'm looking into expanding the sunroof, such as to add a removable glass panel that encompasses almost the entire roof, if the structure can hold itself without crumpling, any ideas?

9.) roof modifications part deux, convertible max???? same as above, crumpling?

10.) door post modification, I'm suiciding my rear doors and think it would be cool if i can remove the middle door post, if i were to strengthen the frame/body, would it be able to withstand removal of the door posts? (and yes im gonna have the doors latch to each other and/or the top/bottom of the car)

11.) 6 speed tranny, Possible?

I have many more questions, which i will post later, as i cannot think of them right now...more theories and ideas, but im just trying to open some doorways to what can and cant be done right now, i appreciate your opinions/facts in advance, as i know you guys will be helpful in any matter that CAN be helped. I've always loved the maxorg boards because of your helpfulness, even when my mom as a member and i was a driver of HER maxima
Old 03-28-2005, 12:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Why buy a JDM just to rebuild it?

1.) No
2.) Yes
3.) Because ricers perfer other cars.
4.) and?
5.) Sure
6.) not really
7.) Yeap, there are a few options
8.) no idea
9.) roof does add alot of rigidity to the car. Probably going to want a shop to do this for you
10.) no idea
11.) anything is possible with money, but it wont bolt right up.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
Im izz sexay

The newer maxima's have lots of aftermarket support just not the 3rd gens and lower.

For the headlights you can swap in some a31 Cefiro headlights. I have a set that's gonna be put in this thursday and two other people have them on their cars.

For BBK talk to Matt93SE he can hook you up.

6 speed tranny from a VQ you'll have to find a way to make their tranny work due to different bellhousings.

CAI you can get one off of eBay but you might have to find a MAF adapter or just make one.

You can just get a JDM VE and turbo it. With the money you'll spend putting in a engine that's not made for our cars and tranny's you can just spend that on something a little more bang for buck.
Old 03-28-2005, 12:16 PM
mod or sell?

one major suggestion:
Donate, then search most if not all of your questions have been asked before and answered.

the most basic answer to all of them is :
Anything is possible with money
Old 03-28-2005, 12:27 PM

Why buy a JDM just to rebuild it?
because the JDM's i find have 30k + miles on them, and i want to, not only experience the rebuild and see what the motors about inside and out, but also replace all the hardare with high-performance hardware, and bore over, if possible, etc. etc. etc.

For BBK talk to Matt93SE he can hook you up
BBK?

Old 03-28-2005, 12:29 PM
Im izz sexay

BBK = Big Brake Kit
Old 03-28-2005, 12:35 PM
I'm needing a caw

Why only Matt? I have a BBK that's not from Matt

Originally Posted by VG Ill ridah
BBK = Big Brake Kit
Old 03-28-2005, 12:46 PM