3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Digital to Analog Dash Conversion

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2005, 01:10 PM

Digital to Analog Dash Conversion

Ok heres the deal, I bought a HUD from Brian (1992maxman) but didn't have enough $$ at the time, so he sent me the HUD, trim piece, and some of the harness...I've been very strapped on cash and can't afford to purchase the MCU and other harness from him, so I've got the HUD installed in my dash but it's not doing anything..I'm trying to change this!

There's a girl I know that goes to school with me that used to drive an 89-91 GXE (burgandy w/ burgandy leather interior), but now she drives a Camry, apparently her parents still have the Maxima, so I've asked her if I can take the MCU out of it. Her parents plan to sell the car (I'm looking into buying the whole thing, MCU + HUD parts, ACC, not a bad parts car if you ask me), so they said as long as it doesn't affect the car in anyway that it's fine, and knowing that if I just rip out the MCU none of the gauges will work, I have to do something else..

I still have my old GXE's analog gauges, as I put 89-91 SE gauges in mine before I sold it, and am looking for information on converting a digital dash to an analog dash, so as to keep the car in good condition so this girl's parents can still sell it...Craig? Anyone that's put digital gauges in their car? Anyone that had digital gauges that put analog ones in? Help meh!

I'm gonna look through my FSM now, and compare the wiring, will I have to get the plugs out of a junkyard for the analog guages?

..dmad
Old 04-05-2005, 01:39 PM
Getting back to his roots

Originally Posted by DMad8724
Ok heres the deal, I bought a HUD from Brian (1992maxman) but didn't have enough $$ at the time, so he sent me the HUD, trim piece, and some of the harness...I've been very strapped on cash and can't afford to purchase the MCU and other harness from him, so I've got the HUD installed in my dash but it's not doing anything..I'm trying to change this!

There's a girl I know that goes to school with me that used to drive an 89-91 GXE (burgandy w/ burgandy leather interior), but now she drives a Camry, apparently her parents still have the Maxima, so I've asked her if I can take the MCU out of it. Her parents plan to sell the car (I'm looking into buying the whole thing, MCU + HUD parts, ACC, not a bad parts car if you ask me), so they said as long as it doesn't affect the car in anyway that it's fine, and knowing that if I just rip out the MCU none of the gauges will work, I have to do something else..

I still have my old GXE's analog gauges, as I put 89-91 SE gauges in mine before I sold it, and am looking for information on converting a digital dash to an analog dash, so as to keep the car in good condition so this girl's parents can still sell it...Craig? Anyone that's put digital gauges in their car? Anyone that had digital gauges that put analog ones in? Help meh!

I'm gonna look through my FSM now, and compare the wiring, will I have to get the plugs out of a junkyard for the analog guages?

..dmad
Why don't you just pay Brian the rest of his money?
Old 04-05-2005, 01:46 PM

Originally Posted by Mizeree_X
Why don't you just pay Brian the rest of his money?
Because I don't have any! 2 jobs (1 that gives me practically no hours) and I'm still broke, if I could I would...Brian was already considering relisting it in the classifieds..
Old 04-05-2005, 02:59 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by DMad8724
Brian was already considering relisting it in the classifieds..
No I wasn't. (just had to clarify this)

For everyone else looking at this, I wasn't sure why he posted this...

We have seemingly agreed upon something, so don't worry about it.

Brian