3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

fallen windows glass

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2005, 08:58 PM
94c Big Max

fallen windows glass

It's so strange that today I walked to my car while it's parked outside on Sunset Bvld I found that the driver side windows glass felt down. At first, I thought someone broke into my car but I couldn't see any broken glasses anywhere nor anything stolen. It turned out that my glass was completely felt to the bottom. That was odd. So, I went home and took it apart for investigation. It turned out that the cable from regulator/motor could no longer pulling either way more than 4 inches. And the glass is completely free to fallen. I had to manually pushed it all the way up and zip tied it to the door latch. Which really suck cuz now I can't get in directly from the driver door.

Question.
Could somone has tampered with my car cuz it makes no reason why my door glass felt right down to the bottom?

I have to fix this problem, which should I replace: regulator or motor? Do we even have a windows rolling motor or they're built into regulator?

Left next to the "P/W Lock" switch, there is this tiny switch with a green light on it. What does that do?

Thanks.
Old 08-31-2005, 09:04 PM

http://forums.maxima.org/showthread.php?t=426521
Old 08-31-2005, 09:05 PM
Alex_V

Nope, alot of cars are prone to this, especially when they are as old as ours. Mine did that the other day, the exact same thing.

I have 2 parts cars so I just took part the closest one and compared the 2. After you take the panal off, you take off the 7 screws, 3 for the motor in a triangle shape, 2 in the top and 2 on the bottom, so that you can take the whole track, motor and all that out. The connector is in the hole in the bottom. Take it all out and see whats broken. Mine was beyond repair so I put the whole assembly in from my parts car. I knew I should have taken pics, but no idea where my camera is.

~Alex

Edit- Our problem, broken track, link(s) problem, regulator

Old 09-01-2005, 05:32 AM

The small switch with grren light can only be pressed down and it is for auto drivers window down button press it once and it takes your window all the way down to the bottom!

There is a mod to make it travel up to it is on craig page i think !