3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

93 Se Vs. 98 eclipse

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2001, 08:26 PM
custmmax

Let's see... i was coming home from work last week, when i come up on this guy in a black eclipse trailing i guess his g/f... they were in the right lane, so i moved into the left lane and passed both of them up as i was going over the top of this hill.. a second later, i look up in my rear view mirror to see him pull up beside his g/f, make a signal like "watch this" to her, and then see him come flying up beside me and pull back into the right lane to pass me. (this is the funny part).. well, me, noticing him coming up on me like a bat out of hell, downshifted to 2nd at about 45 mph, and gunned it.. as i saw him come up beside me, he had this shi* eating grin on his face sort of like "maximas are slower than MY eclipse".. i guess the farthest he got ahead of me was his front bumper 5 feet ahead of mine, and from then on it was all maxima... as i started padssing him, he just had this blank look on his face, either watching my front bumper as i passed him, or listening to my intake and thinking "oh sh*t".. anyways, i had to slow back down after i was over a car length ahead of him because of traffic ahead of me, and he went on in the other lane and his g/f pulled up beside me, laughing, and shaking her head about her beloved b/f's eclipse getting harshly smoked..

I doubt he will try that one again... lol

Old 05-27-2001, 08:34 PM
custmmax

by the way

i got some new wheels for my max the other day, what do ya'll think?

http://members.aol.com/_ht_a/custm42435/wheels.jpg

Old 05-27-2001, 08:49 PM

Re: by the way

When will people learn but it is nice when they think they are all big then bamm maxima to the rescue! Hurray up and get those rims on so you can be styling!
Old 05-27-2001, 11:16 PM

Re: Re: by the way

I saw the preview for that movie, "The Fast and The Furious" the other day and I am looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. You know that EVERY single person with a Honda or an Eclipse is going to think that they are a street racer after seeing this movie and they will be revving on us at every light. Oh boy...this should be fun. At the same time I don't condone street racing due to it being unsafe, I really would like to put some of those kids in their place. Hmmmm, well see.
Old 05-28-2001, 12:01 AM
custmmax

Re: Re: Re: by the way

Originally posted by FitzMax
I saw the preview for that movie, "The Fast and The Furious" the other day and I am looking forward to it and dreading it at the same time. You know that EVERY single person with a Honda or an Eclipse is going to think that they are a street racer after seeing this movie and they will be revving on us at every light. Oh boy...this should be fun. At the same time I don't condone street racing due to it being unsafe, I really would like to put some of those kids in their place. Hmmmm, well see.
Imagine what the game tokyo Extreme racer for the dreamcast does then.. lol.. if you havent played it yet, check it out

Old 05-28-2001, 12:05 AM

Re: Re: Re: Re: by the way

I am gonna have to check that out! Oh yeah, Nice wheels by the way, those are awesome!!!
Old 05-28-2001, 12:32 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

One word of advice.......

watch out for the 5spd Eclipse GST/Xs.......if you hear a "pSSSSSStt" sound when they shift its all over for 'ya!

and those wheels look really nice, what size are they??
Old 05-28-2001, 01:43 AM

I would say that a VE 5sp maxima with intake(at least mine) is faster than a stock GSX. The problem is that they are very easy to get a ton of power once you start upping the boost levels.
Old 05-28-2001, 01:58 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Yup I agree with 'ya.....

I can take my friends GST off the line(like that really matters, LOL)...but after 3000rpms I think only a VERY good driver in a VE 5spd could "EASILY" take it. my frined runs a high 14.8 in his stock GSt, now he has a boost controller(set at 13psi), intake and some better tires, but the lack of BIG takeoff is still there due to the turbo lag....none the less DSM turbos are SWEEET!! IMO I'd love to have one of those early '90s Mitsu Galant VR4s, it would be my little sleeper!

BTW, I'm not a 5spd guy so what exactly does a lighter flywheel help do? will acceleration be improved any? my friend(GST) is getting a 2600lb clutch this summer and a UDP, so should he throw in a lightened flywheel too??

Originally posted by Czar
I would say that a VE 5sp maxima with intake(at least mine) is faster than a stock GSX. The problem is that they are very easy to get a ton of power once you start upping the boost levels.
Old 05-28-2001, 06:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Czar
The GSX is a 210 power Turbo all wheel drive model of the Eclipse. I had a 98. If you race a base model with a 4-banger in it, you should toast it, but the GSX is another story. For one, they have 20 more horses than an SE, and they are a half ton lighter.