3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

I want Fog/Driving Lights....

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2001, 05:30 PM

Basically i ordered a LeBra Bra for the hood and grill and it has foglight openings. And they dont carry one for the my 3rd Gen Maxima without foglight openings so I've decided to get foglights. Also the bottom hooks of the bra dont hook correctly under the car so they come loose sometimes.

Basically i've been told a couple things... by some cheap lights and mount them... Go to Nissan and have them mount some lights... Get the SE Stock lights... and i've been told i may need a bumper add-on at the bottom of the car with foglight slots. I wouldnt mind doing the bumper add-on thing cause that would look the best. But is this something i would look for in a junkyard then have painted?? Or should i be going to detail shops? Whats the process... i'm figuring with the right bumper add-on under the bra will fit better also but it will have to be for the Stock 89 SE that had fog/driving lights.

Any comments/recomendations/donations that might be helpful????
Old 05-31-2001, 05:37 PM
Ford Only.

Get some aftermarket lights.The stock SE ones are alright but are starting to look old besides that they are expensive.Get some Sij's or piaa's I got my Sij's for $80 and they are easily twice as bright as my headlights.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:41 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Get some aftermarket lights.The stock SE ones are alright but are starting to look old besides that they are expensive.Get some Sij's or piaa's I got my Sij's for $80 and they are easily twice as bright as my headlights.
What about the fit of the bra???? And are there any websites were i can look at these lights you're mentioning?

I dont even know what SIJ's or PIAA's are. I'm a computer guy sorry... i know nuthin about cars.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:44 PM
Ford Only.

No problem hang around here long enough and you will know how to do practically anything.You might want to look in the links section there are a bunch of aftermarket places look for one that mentions foglights,piaa or something.Sorry I cant think of anything of the top of my head.Maybe www.robocar.com will have some pics.
Old 06-01-2001, 07:59 AM
OG and counting...

Originally posted by Quez

What about the fit of the bra???? And are there any websites were i can look at these lights you're mentioning?

I dont even know what SIJ's or PIAA's are. I'm a computer guy sorry... i know nuthin about cars.
PIAA is a brand of driving/fog light much like Hella, KC, Pilot, Catz. I personally have a set of PIAA 1900x foglights that I am getting ready to mount on my '94 GXE which also lacks the foglight openings.

When I get them mounted, I will take pics of them on the car.
Old 06-01-2001, 08:27 AM

hmm...

Originally posted by PrinzII

PIAA is a brand of driving/fog light much like Hella, KC, Pilot, Catz. I personally have a set of PIAA 1900x foglights that I am getting ready to mount on my '94 GXE which also lacks the foglight openings.

When I get them mounted, I will take pics of them on the car.
Would it make any sense for me to go to a junkyard and look for a Maxima SE foglight rack. That black mount/spoiler that was under the orange lights?
Old 06-01-2001, 08:30 AM

Re: hmm...

dude, i've got a set of small yellow round fogs mounted right where the stock lights go, and it looks really really nice. I was suprised, i thought it would look ghetto and it looks sweet! i'll post pics asap!
Old 06-01-2001, 02:44 PM

ok...

I was told by the junkyard people that i need to buy a new bumper. The 1989 Nissan Maxima SE Bumper with foglights.

And i got an excellent price on it, but will this fit correctly?
Old 06-02-2001, 09:32 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Fellas (And Ladies):

Does anyone know how to wire new fogs onto a 94GXE that has never had the lights. I looked under the front bumper to see if wires had been ran, but oh-no. I would like to be able to set them up so they turn on/off with the headlights.

Thanks in advance.
Old 06-02-2001, 10:50 AM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Old 06-02-2001, 01:51 PM

just make sure you buy foglights with a wiring kit and relay. it'll have instructions and everything.