3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

* People Have No Respect *

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2005, 09:07 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by 3rdGenMaximaMan
I agree that this sounds extreme, but what is the answer? Call the police and the answer is "No witnesses, its vandalism, we'll never catch them, file the insurance for the repair and we're sorry about your luck."

At least if a couple of kids took a bullet to the head the word might spread "If you screw with other people's stuff and don't respect property that isn't yours someone is going to ruin your day."

That is the problem these days. Kids know that for all intents and purposes their actions have no consequences. They can do whatever they want and get away with it and since they didn't spent an extra $5,000-$15,000 tricking out their car then why should they care.

The only thing we all know for sure is that it sucks and if it hasn't happened to you yet then your turn is coming.
let's not get this into a gun control discussion..

but let me get this straight....you're willing to kill people because someone did something to your car?
Old 11-22-2005, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by 3rdGenMaximaMan
I agree that this sounds extreme, but what is the answer? Call the police and the answer is "No witnesses, its vandalism, we'll never catch them, file the insurance for the repair and we're sorry about your luck."

At least if a couple of kids took a bullet to the head the word might spread "If you screw with other people's stuff and don't respect property that isn't yours someone is going to ruin your day."

That is the problem these days. Kids know that for all intents and purposes their actions have no consequences. They can do whatever they want and get away with it and since they didn't spent an extra $5,000-$15,000 tricking out their car then why should they care.

The only thing we all know for sure is that it sucks and if it hasn't happened to you yet then your turn is coming.
i would have expected that kind of response out of an 18 yr old not a 38 yr old.

lets see, 200 bucks for a w/shield, 25 to life for homicide.

tough call
Old 11-22-2005, 04:40 PM

You guys are funny, I've been real busy with school and stuff after Thanksgiving I will get to finishing up that roll of film and getting the pictures up. Like I said before I am not pissed I am glad it is nothing worse than a windshield. Could of stole my rims, subs, deck, CAR! ect. It is just a windshield no biggie, or course I am ticked off but what are you going to do it is life. I am not gonna go around hunting for punks with an AK-47 LOL. I was though suprised how much of a difference my stupid tinted banner made. I am gonna go somtime after the holiday and after some good food to get it retinted and possibly get a new banner, maybe somthing different than just Maxima. Any Ideas? ~Charlie~
Old 11-23-2005, 01:08 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Banner for windshield? hmm, You break it, you pay it.
Old 11-23-2005, 04:30 PM

If I ever find someone trying to take parts off my truck. I would knock their teeth out and when they went to run hit them with my truck.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:50 PM

Originally Posted by Mattster
If I ever find someone trying to take parts off my truck. I would knock their teeth out and when they went to run hit them with my truck.
really? so you'ed take it to the next level eh? then i assume you would understand when they come and murder you if they lived through it...right?
Old 11-23-2005, 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic
really? so you'ed take it to the next level eh? then i assume you would understand when they come and murder you if they lived through it...right?
lol, good point.
Old 11-24-2005, 01:27 PM
Alex_V

Ive said for years, the answer is a tazer. non letal and one heck of a reminder. lol

~Alex

Old 11-26-2005, 12:36 PM

Funny, I didnt think about that but it is a pretty good one. I feel like buying 2 tazers and keeping them in the door compartment near the speakers. My friend carries a knife in each door for self defense. guess its not a bad idea.
Old 11-26-2005, 01:32 PM

Just for an update... I will have 2 pictures 2 upload now, I went out to my car yesterday, and my back window was blown out my a bb gun. So now i filled 2 police reports within a little under 2 weeks. This s**t is rediculious, now I have to get a new rear window, best price so far is $407 , there has to be better, this is unreal!!!! ~Charlie~
Old 11-26-2005, 01:43 PM

I feel your pain. The day I got my Maxima I happened to look outside my window and saw this kid kick and spit on my car. He made a dent - big mistake. I threw a brick at him and busted a rib or two. Never messed with my car again - as a matter of fact he runs when he sees me. Dont get me wrong Im a nice guy just dont mess with my car.
Old 11-26-2005, 04:23 PM

Originally Posted by xMaxed90x
Just for an update... I will have 2 pictures 2 upload now, I went out to my car yesterday, and my back window was blown out my a bb gun. So now i filled 2 police reports within a little under 2 weeks. This s**t is rediculious, now I have to get a new rear window, best price so far is $407 , there has to be better, this is unreal!!!! ~Charlie~
have you tried a junk yard? that rear glass has to be cheaper there. at least you can drive to a junkyard with it broken. too bad it's not a 4th gen, i have an extra back glass
Old 11-27-2005, 01:38 AM

Originally Posted by shavedmax
have you tried a junk yard? that rear glass has to be cheaper there. at least you can drive to a junkyard with it broken. too bad it's not a 4th gen, i have an extra back glass
You know, I'm actually looking at a parts pricelist for a local chicago JY and the rear windshield is $35 and same for the front...cant be that hard to replace it yourself. Think about it, if the price is the same where you are at a JY, you can get both done (yourself) for 70 bucks and then spend the other $337 on something more productive like an alarm or a better alarm, hell have a new garage to keep the car in
Old 11-27-2005, 05:58 AM

theyre not that cheap in ny, figure 50-100 bucks for a rear glass, another 50 for install. it's gotta be cut out and reurethaned in. i wouldnt trust dooing it myself, i saw someone do it and it's a PITA. if you do it wrong you'll have water problems left and right.
Old 11-27-2005, 11:51 AM

Alright, then I guess if its like that I wouldn't do it myself either, I just expected it to be a little sanding / cleaning, gluing and waiting 24-48 hours to fully dry before getting it wet. Well you might be able to find it cheap at the JY, might be 50-100 for the piece alone and 50 installation but it sure is better than getting it for 400+ bucks.

Good luck man and let us know what happens.
Old 11-28-2005, 01:45 AM

Well I Took Some More Pictures Of The Back LoL turns out my father's friend hooked me up with a glass guy that is one of his best friends. So tomorrow they are coming out from Queens to do him the favor and it is going to be $200 total for a new rear glass installed w\ the defogger strips in them of course... ~Charlie~ I'll Get those pictures up sooner or later....
Old 11-28-2005, 02:01 AM

Originally Posted by xMaxed90x
Well I Took Some More Pictures Of The Back LoL turns out my father's friend hooked me up with a glass guy that is one of his best friends. So tomorrow they are coming out from Queens to do him the favor and it is going to be $200 total for a new rear glass installed w\ the defogger strips in them of course... ~Charlie~ I'll Get those pictures up sooner or later....

SWEET, I'm glad for ya...I know what it feels like to have a window broken..I had mine broken on my 1988 Accord for its factory radio 4 years ago, sad isnt it? The messed up part is that I had no money for a new window
Old 11-28-2005, 05:14 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by DanNY
let's not get this into a gun control discussion..

but let me get this straight....you're willing to kill people because someone did something to your car?
Just to clarify I never said it was what I would do. If you go back and read the intent of my message it was that actions don't have consequences which is why things like this happen and something needs to change to fix the problem.

Oh, and for those of you carrying knives and tasers, in most states any fixed blade (non-folding knife) it is illegal to carry and it is also illegal to carry a taser in most states. Plus, concerning the non-lethal portion of it there are MANY known cases of people dying from being zapped with a taser.

We have had more than 1 here in Nashville this year.
Old 11-28-2005, 05:36 PM

people should be banned for saying ignorant things like this. it's a car man, you'ed take someone's life over a car?
meh...just put a bullet in his leg to catch him and to spread rumors to not steal this guys's **** (he is armed)......i say not to kill the kid..because that is just wrong...but make him remember what he did so he never does it again....yeah i am a teenager...but i do not do this stupid **** to other people's property...its just wrong... i take pride in what my car looks like and handles like...or at least i try to best i can... destroying other people's property is just not my thing.....somebody in school did it to my buddy and my buddy gave him a black eye....the kid never touched his stufff again....he learned his lesson
Old 11-28-2005, 05:46 PM

ouch that sucks dude sorryto hear about no respect, hopefuly you filled apolice report even though that might not do any good but still nice to do
azn dan
oh yeah and a guns always a nice touch lol
Old 11-28-2005, 06:29 PM
mod or sell?

if you shoot him, you better kill him.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:36 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
if you shoot him, you better kill him.

If you dont kill him, he can sue you and make every day of your life from now on miserable.
Old 11-28-2005, 11:56 PM

just let off a friggin m-80
Old 11-30-2005, 09:06 AM

just let off a friggin m-80

that'd just make him s**t himself thinking he's been shot, hahaha
Old 11-30-2005, 02:19 PM

garage is the best preventive measure for that problem...but sometimes the punks even get inside of that.

someone stole on of my high school teacher's caravan from the garage and joyrided it around town; hilarious, but still disrespectful.

its no maxima, so its alright.
gonna find me a prelude to do the same to, lol.
Old 12-04-2005, 03:21 PM

As soon you have something nice...

...everyone want it...if they can t, they simply destroy...

who s responsible for all... not punk's...their parents. More simple to throw them out of the house as soon as possible...