3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

trunk

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-2001, 10:22 AM

where is the switch or whatever that disables/enables the trunk to be opened from inside? is on on the bottom piece once the trunk is open or on the top when the trunk is open?
Old 06-04-2001, 11:06 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by atulb84
where is the switch or whatever that disables/enables the trunk to be opened from inside? is on on the bottom piece once the trunk is open or on the top when the trunk is open?
on the bottom, not on the trunk lid
open the trunk
look inside right under the latch
there is a small hole in the trim; there you can see the piece that just slides up and down to disable the inside trunk switch
Old 06-04-2001, 11:52 AM

for others that want to know
atulb took a good pic that shows the lever inside the trunk
this pic is taken from inside the trunk looking out at the bottom part of the trunk liner (which would be right where the trunk latch comes down to meet it)
you can see in the pic a piece of metal pointing towards you and you can just slide this down to disable the trunk pop button in the car; then you can just open the trunk with a key (hopefully your key works in the trunk)
Old 06-04-2001, 01:11 PM

Originally posted by atulb84
I like your splash guards... where can i find some without paying outrageous figures?
Old 06-04-2001, 02:37 PM

mine were already on my car. i'm sure you could try ebay for some.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:31 AM

This is what you guys are talking about

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»
this pic is taken from inside the trunk looking out at the bottom part of the trunk liner (which would be right where the trunk latch comes down to meet it)
you can see in the pic a piece of metal pointing towards you and you can just slide this down to disable the trunk pop button in the car; then you can just open the trunk with a key (hopefully your key works in the trunk)

Here, I took a pic for people that needed it:

More pics at http://www.cardomain.com/id/packetattack
Old 01-25-2003, 12:54 PM

Hey Craig,

I've been having trouble with this latch, i pull it up so that the door button works, and when i shut the trunk the button works for the first time but every time i shut my trunk the button just goes right back down. How can i fix this? is this normal, do i have to keep pulling up the button after everytime i open the trunk??
Old 01-25-2003, 02:54 PM

Originally posted by Maximus90

Hey Craig,

I've been having trouble with this latch, i pull it up so that the door button works, and when i shut the trunk the button works for the first time but every time i shut my trunk the button just goes right back down. How can i fix this? is this normal, do i have to keep pulling up the button after everytime i open the trunk??
it shouldn't be doing that, you could probably just prop it up or something though, maybe even just use a rubber band or something to hold it in teh right place
Old 01-25-2003, 03:37 PM

it shouldn't be doing that, you could probably just prop it up or something though, maybe even just use a rubber band or something to hold it in teh right place
i did notice a small spring that seems to be kinda rusted a bit on the latch i dunno if thats what keeps it from staying down but there's also some gunk of some sort on it too? would cleaning it off help, and if so what should i use??