3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Someone Hit My Max.....bad

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 04:57 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Last night I was at a friend's house and i'm sitting on his porch in front so this car that was across the street is backing up and is going pretty fast and i saw it happen in slow motion and i knew it was gonna happen but he hits the back passenger side quater pannel and then I jump over the rail to see what happend and the kids driving up on the curb trying to leave I couldnt get the plate so I wanted to follow him but my car was locked in between two cars. so I start running after the car but no luck. So then I start blacking out and I'm think F*ck I'm never gonmna see this guy again but wait he was talking to the people across the street but the kids dont want to say his name. I had someone call the cops and then they said the kids used to work for my friends uncle and we got his number and it turns out that hes 17 with no license he stole the car from his parents. So after the police report his dad comes over asking me to not press charges and I said no prob but I am getting every penny I deserve. His dad was real worried because leaving the scene is a misdemenor. SO blah after all the bull sh*t Im going to my friends dad's shop and Im gonna get an estimate and that guys not cheap but oh well free paint job right and they cant paint the car without fixing the other dents damn sucks to be that kid. I'll probably have to rent a car while its on the frame machine.

I had someone take pics last night and ill take some later and post but anyway just needed to vent.

my car will be in perfect shape when I sell it though right?
so thats good.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:08 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Now THAT sucks!! I just hope for two things:

1) that kid gets EVERYTHING he deserves, and
2) you get the Max back up to specs.

It really blows when someone hits your car. And especially when you see it, too. Let us know how things come out.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:21 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by nubiannupe
I just hope
1) that kid gets EVERYTHING he deserves
I think that little sum***** needs a serious butt whoopin'. I would go to his house and wait till he walks outside and then chop-block him. But hey, that's just me.
Old 06-09-2001, 10:50 AM

Just makes you mad what people do to other cars and dont stop or own up to it.
Old 06-09-2001, 11:03 AM

hahahah murphys law right there for the little idiot! he took his dads car out and then the moron smashes into your car! hahahaha. that really sucks, but luckily you found out who the little punk was, damn dumbass is screwed now. yea, time to get those dents removed!
Old 06-09-2001, 11:21 AM

I think you should milk this guy for some money.

I mean your saving his son from having a record...the least he could do is throw some more money at ya. Make sure all the parts they get for your care are NEW. Have them paint the whole care too...take advantage of the situation. Make sure you tell him you have to rent a car as well.
Old 06-09-2001, 12:18 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

I think that's a little harsh...

Originally posted by Jeff91SE
I think you should milk this guy for some money.

I mean your saving his son from having a record...the least he could do is throw some more money at ya. Make sure all the parts they get for your care are NEW. Have them paint the whole care too...take advantage of the situation. Make sure you tell him you have to rent a car as well.

He would be punishing the kids dad, who is probably already upset enough with his son, then he knows he has to put out the $$$ try avoiding insurance problems or whatever.. Now you will go and extort the poor dude who didn't even do anything here, I understand if he was dealing directly with the kid or it was his dad that hit him.. I just think it's a bit overboard saying "the least he could do is throw some more money at ya"... But yeah, get all that sh*t fixed the way it should be, the kid is a dumbass for taking the car in the first place, but he panicked and tried to get away with it hoping no one saw it, maybe he tried to run away after seeing you run after him or yell because he figured a major *** beating was coming his way...

Good luck with the car man.
Old 06-10-2001, 07:20 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

so heres an update

I got an estimate for $2500 which is a little high but covers all new parts the guy thought it would be a $500 one day job .. yeah right so yesterday i tell him what the estimate was for and hes like well thats a little high I want to take it to my cousin's. No thatnks he can come here to look at it but Its my choice anyway wehere the car goes so then he calls me well this is gonna put me in the hole. well I understand your situtation but I have to goto school and work and I cant drive the car looking like that you got till monday to give me the $2500 or well go through the insurance. He doesnt want to do this bcause his rates will go up so much if he doesnt get dropped. so Im like look this is 100% not my fault I can only bend so much so hes going to go to the body shop on monday and try to work out a deal where he can pay a bit at a time to the body shop guy. No I want the money in my hand and then ill pay the guy and keep the change so well see tommorow but mean while im left without a car because "I cant drive it" which reminds me he tried to write down the milelage on the car so he would know if i was driving. None of your buissness anyway. so what ill prob get out of this is a perfect body job no more dents new paintjob and ill get the seats fixed and ill buy some tires so the resale value will be higher when I sell soon.

ps. can I get money for the decrease of value in the car since its been in an accident?
Old 06-10-2001, 08:10 AM

Re: so heres an update

Originally posted by N34JZ
ps. can I get money for the decrease of value in the car since its been in an accident?
Nope. It will be very rare to get money because the car has been in an accident. I will say one thing though. Good idea to give him a deadline to get back with you. If he doesn't, you should take his *** to court.
Old 06-10-2001, 08:26 AM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

I did

He has till monday to get me $2500 or its gong through insurance
Old 06-10-2001, 11:47 AM

Ouch

Seeing as you aren't going through insurance though, I would think that the accident won't show up on the DMV report. In other words, it'll still have a clear title. As for the paint, well you can explain to the new buyer that it was old and needed a new paint job. That's if you have no problem leaving out the fact that it was hit. Or, say yeah it had a minor little dent from a car that backed into it, and you just decided to paint the whole car. Go with your conscience.
Old 06-10-2001, 12:55 PM

Re: I did

He has till monday to get me $2500 or its gong through insurance
Yeah, I know. I was saying that you made a smart move.
Old 06-10-2001, 01:08 PM
Psychosis19

Hard time

Sounds like the guys givin you the run around, I'd press charges on the little punk,(or at least threaten his dad with it to get his rear in gear).

Old 06-10-2001, 03:03 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

i was also

thinking Im probably gonna have to rent a car for a week. I doubt hell agree to that but if we did go throught the insurance which is probably going to happen Is his insurance company going to foot the bill and will my insurance go up because of this ( i wouldnt think because i wasnt even in the car)? If his insurance doesnt foot the bill for a rental can i still take him to court for that? because I have to go to school and work while the car is being fixed.
Old 06-10-2001, 03:19 PM

Re: i was also

thinking Im probably gonna have to rent a car for a week. I doubt hell agree to that but if we did go throught the insurance which is probably going to happen Is his insurance company going to foot the bill and will my insurance go up because of this ( i wouldnt think because i wasnt even in the car)? If his insurance doesnt foot the bill for a rental can i still take him to court for that? because I have to go to school and work while the car is being fixed.
No, your insurance would NOT go up. The only instance in which your insurance would go up is, for example, you woke up in the morning and noticed a big dent and you made a claim through your insurance companay. Even though you were in bed at the time, you still have no one to pin the blame on.
However, in this case -- you do, and your insurance company will go after his insurance company. AND they will cover you for a rental car. I understand wanting to be a nice guy and not rape the dad for all this dough. But from a purely financial aspect - this guy is actually not thinking straight. He would rather pay out $2500 than go through his insurance? WHY? His insurance comapny isn't going to increase his rate by $2500. I guess it's because it was the son in the car and not him - and he wants to keep his son from the law. Well fine then -- pay up dad -- RENTAL AND ALL. He's got to be willing to do this YOUR way, because he's already making you run around trying to find cheap quotes, and all the bull that goes with avoiding insurance. You shouldn't have to go through that too. Don't waste your time in small claims court. It'll be forever before you see money back. Just (nicely but firmly) tell him the terms you want. It is not unrealistic to want a replacement vehicle while yours is in the shop. If he doesn't comply - you call your insurance company and get it done right.

I JUST went through a $5,000 claim for work on my car. Unfortunately, I was in the car at the time I was hit. But it wasn't my fault, and I got the car fixed properly, rental, physical therapy, AND a lawsuit for personal injury. I'm not suing the driver, I'm suing the other parties insurace co. Nothing personal to them - they just almost killed me is all.

GOOD LUCK!
Old 06-10-2001, 06:27 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

yeah

His insurance will probably be dropped so why not pay out the dough and keep your insurance not to mention if the son wants to get insurance one day. but like I said as soon as i get out of school tommorow I'll call him and tell him I need this money by 5:00 pm or Im calling up my insurance agent. but a car rental would be covered though thats good.

I wish I hadnt broaken the cord to my digital camera so I could post the pics oh well ill just wait for the film to get developed and then ill scan.

I had to take out all the interior bulb because the door doesnt shut all the way and i couldnt isolate which fuse that was so hopefully tommorow ill have $2500 and a rental car probably some Sentra SER but hey what are ya gonna do right.
Ill keep you guys [posted ..and thatnks for your advice
Old 06-11-2001, 06:57 AM

Bump in the night

Make the guy come with cash in hand. DO NOT take a check.
Who knows if it will clear. If not...cops and robbers(insurance co.)!!
Old 06-11-2001, 11:35 PM

Re: Bump in the night

check cash it don't matter. you always have the cops to back you up on this one. you have 3 years to press charges. One of my drunk frat brothers keyed my car after I got in fight with him except I saw him do it along with some others. Just the threat of calling the cops set him straight and he coughed up the $750 for the paintjob. Amazing what threatening legal action can do...

Originally posted by Plum88
Make the guy come with cash in hand. DO NOT take a check.
Who knows if it will clear. If not...cops and robbers(insurance co.)!!
Old 06-12-2001, 05:58 AM

Re: yeah

Ill keep you guys [posted ..and thatnks for your advice
So, what's the deal hoss? Did you jack him up or did he give you bend over and take it from him for another day? He seems to be screwing you and I was just curious to know how long you are going to let him get away with it. We are all counting on you to keep the fine name of the 3rd Gen alive. Don't let anyone disecrate its sacred status.