3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Best SS Brake Lines for 3rd gen?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 11:22 AM
Power Dorifto Extraordinaire!

Best SS Brake Lines for 3rd gen?

what stainless steel brake lines do you recommend for our 3rd gen maximas?
Old 02-23-2006, 12:10 PM
STFU n00b!

Technafit are fine.... and I sell them for $100 a set.
Old 02-23-2006, 01:59 PM
what can my max do for me

there's also goodridge if u wanna go a little more high end
Old 02-23-2006, 02:03 PM
I'm needing a caw

Curious. Exactly what are the construction differences inbetween the two to make the goodridge lines more "high end"?

Originally Posted by DaWifey's90
Old 02-23-2006, 02:16 PM

oh the name, gah everyone knows that.....i'll trust the forum providah! go matt!, lol
Old 02-23-2006, 02:25 PM

Bad thing about techna fit, you have to bend the brackets on the front struts to get them to hold the lines

but of course you probably have to do that with any other SS kit
Old 02-23-2006, 04:31 PM
mod or sell?

and WAIT for them.
last time I checked on them they were like a 6 week wait from them.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:32 PM

well in my opinion, there's volumes in the fit and finish. the details tell u everything about the entire process. the tightness of the weave, the quality of the crimp, the rigidity/flex of the hose, the grade of metal and quality of the coating.

these might very well be some of the same reasons goodridge is an oe supplier to other companies you may of heard of like harley davidson, vw's luxury lines, ford's luxury lines just to name a few

the icing on the cake is their lifetime warranty and not only dot certified but international certification and participation in race series all over the racing genre.

in my unfortunately short time with FMC's failure analysis group, we'd sometimes blow things up to pass the time such as brake lines. goodridges actually required us to "tweak" the pressure output of the testing equipment. feel free to make the all-too-easy jokes about ford failure analysis teams having free time on their hands....

again, this is just my opinion from my own experience and use. if nothing else, i hold any company's product suspect when their main selling line is "we're chaep and u can get out parts fast"

would it kill them to have a techna-fit.com email addy's!! it's just one of those details about conducting business in a professional manner that reflects how the business is run
Old 02-23-2006, 06:52 PM
STFU n00b!

well, IMO they're more about making products and getting them out than about their website... Just like I am.

there are so many companies out there that don't even make products that conform to DOT standards, which Technafit, Crown, and Goodridge all do. By meeting that standard, I do not have a problem using or endorsing their products.

Goodridge is just like Nike or AP Racing.. they all make great products, but you can get the same quality and effectiveness by buying a less well-known brand for much less. you're simply buying a name.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:44 PM

there's no doubt that part of the price differential is because of their name. but then u have to ask "why does their name command such a premium?" what reputation and legacy is associated with that name that people and multi-million dollar corporations and race teams the world over choose them?

and actually, especially considering the point you make about paying for the name, you would think all of these car, atv, motorcycle and watercraft manufacturers would go for the cheaper part supplier to reduce manufacturing costs and increase their profits.

but by no means can anyone say that the name is the only reason for the price differential.

as for their website, i'm not even getting into their design and content. i think the blehmco site has more thought into it than techna-fit's does. but that notwithstanding, as i mentioned before, how u handle the details and the little things is a reflection of how u handle the more serious big things. it's the same reason why people wear suits and ties to interviews - its about putting ur best foot forward.

i don't know how "well-known" they are as a brand as i never heard of them until i joined this board. i'm surprised to hear u imply that the two brands are of the same quality and effectiveness - apparently brembo, bentley, aston martin, polaris and the military are not privy to ur data.

it seems techna-fit's recent increase in popularity is largely due to hte fact that everyone and their grandmother has become a retailer for them and they have a larger profit margin as well.
Old 02-23-2006, 07:51 PM
I'm needing a caw

Is that your opinion or guess? Or did you have a chance to inspect a Technafit and Goodridge line together? Just because an OEM maker uses this or that is NOT always about quality. It just as well could their outside salesmen were better at pushing their product. Get into ONE oem it seems all the other OEMs want to get into their products as well.
Or the fact that Goodridge might be able to spend much more to qualify their products to the oem standards while technafit might not have that type of budget. They could very well be made of the exact same materials. But the Goodridge people must charge more because they had to spend $$ getting ISO9000/9001 certified/DOT certified blah blah blah. Cost is NOT always an indication of quality

there's no doubt that part of the price differential is because of their name. but then u have to ask "why does their name command such a premium?" what reputation and legacy is associated with that name that people and multi-million dollar corporations and race teams the world over choose them?

and actually, especially considering the point you make about paying for the name, you would think all of these car, atv, motorcycle and watercraft manufacturers would go for the cheaper part supplier to reduce manufacturing costs and increase their profits.

but by no means can anyone say that the name is the only reason for the price differential.

as for their website, i'm not even getting into their design and content. i think the blehmco site has more thought into it than techna-fit's does. but that notwithstanding, as i mentioned before, how u handle the details and the little things is a reflection of how u handle the more serious big things. it's the same reason why people wear suits and ties to interviews - its about putting ur best foot forward.

i don't know how "well-known" they are as a brand as i never heard of them until i joined this board. i'm surprised to hear u imply that the two brands are of the same quality and effectiveness - apparently brembo, bentley, aston martin, polaris and the military are not privy to ur data.

it seems techna-fit's recent increase in popularity is largely due to hte fact that everyone and their grandmother has become a retailer for them and they have a larger profit margin as well.
Old 02-23-2006, 08:49 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
well, IMO they're more about making products and getting them out than about their website... Just like I am.

there are so many companies out there that don't even make products that conform to DOT standards, which Technafit, Crown, and Goodridge all do. By meeting that standard, I do not have a problem using or endorsing their products.

Goodridge is just like Nike or AP Racing.. they all make great products, but you can get the same quality and effectiveness by buying a less well-known brand for much less. you're simply buying a name.
No comment

aside that it's hard to beat Matt's price for DOT approved lines
Old 02-23-2006, 09:21 PM

well considering i spoke of fit and finish as well as several other details and of the ludicrous "tests" my team did back with FMC, i didn't think it was necessary to explicity state i've held them both in my hand. but for ur satisfaction - i've held them both in my hand and based on my observations it is my opinion that goodridge is the better product. oem's don't select a supplier based on some door-to-door salesmen. oem's deal with engineers not salespeople. it's very cut and dry. here are the specs we want manufactured at a 5 or 6 sigma level of quality. can u do it, prove ur manufacturing volume and capability to implement a running change and what's ur price? meeting an oem's spec is not only budgeting but about consistent quality and close adherence to specific tolerances.

the fact that u say "they could very well be of the exact same materials" is #1 an uncertain proposal of a possibility which subsumes #2 u haven't placed a sample of each company's product for a fair side by side. its not very fair for u to make any such comments if u haven't done so. i suppose u can reply by saying u have done so but i think it would be an odd and somewhat timely comment to make at this point.

i'm not certain what ur experince is with becoming ISO certified. it's a rather arduous process which doesn't directly cost anything. it's an evaluation of ur business, processing and manufacturing practices - the maintenance of which requires more detail and attention which obviously costs money.

it seems like ur arguement is basically that techna-fit is cheaper cause they don't spend much on manufacturing processes that could get them certifications and oem contracts.

but u're right, cost is not always an indicator of quality but 9 times out of 10 u do get what u pay for. in this case we're talking brake lines. i would think that when it comes to aprt of a car's braking system, u'd want that manufacturer to pull all the stops, get all the certs, have the best technology, use the best materials and employ the best engineers to make the best parts money can buy.

but again, that's just my opinion....i'm also part of the minorty of people who'll spend the 50 bucks on a set of hood lifts before getting a y-pipe or whatever other performance mod.

btw, what's techna-fit's warranty on their product? i couldn't find information on their site re: any warranty let alone a lifetime one.
thanks

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Is that your opinion or guess? Or did you have a chance to inspect a Technafit and Goodridge line together? Just because an OEM maker uses this or that is NOT always about quality. It just as well could their outside salesmen were better at pushing their product. Get into ONE oem it seems all the other OEMs want to get into their products as well.
Or the fact that Goodridge might be able to spend much more to qualify their products to the oem standards while technafit might not have that type of budget. They could very well be made of the exact same materials. But the Goodridge people must charge more because they had to spend $$ getting ISO9000/9001 certified/DOT certified blah blah blah. Cost is NOT always an indication of quality
Old 02-23-2006, 09:22 PM

side note....this is a great thread
Old 02-23-2006, 10:00 PM
I'm needing a caw

Eh, you want goodridge, have fun with them. I ran technafits for I don't know how many years. Worked fine for me. Worked fine for Matt and he tracked his maxima regularly.

Warranty? I'm not sure. I've never had to use it.
Old 02-23-2006, 10:33 PM

touche...nice one
Warranty? I'm not sure. I've never had to use it.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:20 AM
mod or sell?

BTW getting DOT certified can't be that hard. I talked to a company about getting my own machine to make hoses and they said if I bought it from them it includes the DOT certification.
Old 02-24-2006, 08:04 AM
STFU n00b!

the hoses actually have to meet pretty strict standards in order to become DOT certified. this isn't cheap to do- especially for a startup company.

the machine may be able to make hoses that would comply with them, but that doesn't necessarily mean they're certified.

As for the difference in quality between technafit and goodridge, I have in fact used both as well. the goodridges use parts that appear to be of better quality, but it comes down to "what's good enough?" This isn't a F1 car. it's a freaking Maxima. just like the difference between using Brembo or AP racing brakes on these cars.. you simply don't need it. you can certainly use it, but you're throwing money down the drain.

Technafit products are just fine for our cars and I have yet to see a failure of any type on them that wasn't caused by poor installation by the end user. the few items that did have quality issues were quickly resolved by technafit at their cost.
Old 02-24-2006, 09:29 AM

Nice pot shot there Matt...
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM

u're 10000000000% correct Matt. these are just freakin maximas and not F1 cars. they will likely not see the stress and load of a true race car.

but the max will see my 3 month old and my 3 year old as passengers (though they are primarily assigned to the saab) which an F1 will never see. and as such i hold brake system mods to a higher standard than other mods. when it comes to strut tower bars, ground kits, 9007 conversions, an air filter, a y-pipe or any other of the list of the more benign mods which don't affect their safety, i will more than gladly accept less-than-top-notch quality in exchange for "availability and cost effectiveness". but my car hobby and "frugality" should not affect or compromise their safety.

maybe goodridge's engineering is overkill for our cars but like deciding where u get ur timing belt from or which shop is gonna grind the cam for ur new motor, i don't think brake systems are the place to cut corners or determine that something is "good enough".
Old 02-24-2006, 10:10 AM
STFU n00b!

Here's my reasoning on that..

Technafit.. hasn't failed in years of track use on 3 of my cars...
goodridge.. didn't fail in the 4 years it was on my car driven on the street.

IMO, neither will fail during the life of the car. the goodridge may very well last longer, but the technafit will be just fine for anything I do with the car and I'm not worried about them rupturing. not even with my wife (and eventually, children in the car). I totally understand your concern, but again, when one brand is of good enough quality to do the job without failure, then why spend another 40% for another brand of slightly better overall quality?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:14 AM
I'm needing a caw

My SS lines were in much better condition than the 10 year old oems I had.
DaWifey's 90. How old are these?

Old 02-24-2006, 10:29 AM

I totally understand your concern, but again, when one brand is of good enough quality to do the job without failure, then why spend another 40% for another brand of slightly better overall quality?
u know Matt, maybe it's psychological as well. i can't imagine what i would do if i bought the good enough brand and experienced a manufacturing failure that caused any harm (not even going to consider a worst case scenario) to my kids that i could have prevented with another 50 or 75 or 200 dollars. i realize though that i am extremely overprotective of my youngins as i almost lost my first soon after birth. but thanks for at least understanding my concern.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:35 AM
STFU n00b!

I see your point, but IMO you're looking down on the technafit because they aren't Goodridge... "Good enough" is just fine when you're looking at something that already meets the extremely stringent DOT standards. There are many brands out there on street cars that do not meet those standards and I agree to stay away from them..

So just because it's better quality, does that mean you always take your kids to a 5-star restaraunt instead of mcdonald's when they just want a cheeseburger and fries? I'd think food is pretty durn important to their safety and welfare as well. one undercooked chicken nugget and your kids are going straight to the hospital.
Old 02-24-2006, 10:39 AM

lol based on simple design and age, i would sure hope that new ss lines are in much better condition than ur decade old rubber ones. i'm taking some liberties here cause ur comment is a little vague but i'm presuming ur comparing new techna-fits to oem rubber lines. feel free to clarify.

ur "guess the age question" is a little vague. u mention "these" which usually means more than one of something but i am not certain what that something is. the single retainer? the single line?
i suppose it doesn't matter cause i gave up my "guess how old my car part is" booth at the carnival to pursue my career in guessing jelly beans.

so how bout a more direct line to what ur point is?

My SS lines were in much better condition than the 10 year old oems I had.
DaWifey's 90. How old are these?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:46 AM
I'm needing a caw

That's the answer to my question. So if you are having such problems using a new Technafit vs a new Goodridge, how come you don't have a problem with continuing to use parts that could have 15+ years on them and xxxxxxx miles? What about your other suspension/brake parts?

I ran a highly modded suspension/brake setup on mine. And did engine/tranny/clutch swaps again with many, many mods.

I drove my baby daughter to grandmas every day, 5 days week with no problems.

If you are THAT concerned about your kid's safety, I contend that you don't need better parts, you need a better car. As these old maximas didn't do that well in crash tests.

In the end, it's all relative. At some point you do the best you can with the stuff you got. See my point?

Example. Let's take your extra $200 figure. What if two people both spent the same amount of $. #1 bought Technafits AND used the extra $200 for new suspension bushings, new brake pads, alignment. Or purchased new shocks or rebuilt brake calipers. Now #2 went ahead and just purchased the Goodridge lines and had nothing else left.

Now the whole point is to create a better car (in this case safer). In your honest opinion, which person has the safer car as a whole?
lol based on simple design and age, i would sure hope that new ss lines are in much better condition than ur decade old rubber ones. ?
Old 02-24-2006, 10:51 AM

So just because it's better quality, does that mean you always take your kids to a 5-star restaraunt instead of mcdonald's when they just want a cheeseburger and fries? I'd think food is pretty durn important to their safety and welfare as well. one undercooked chicken nugget and your kids are going straight to the hospital.
that was really funny!! this is where my "frugality" kicks in to high gear and i turn into my father explaining that i can make burgers and chicken nuggets at home that taste "just like mcdonald's" if not better. i won't even let my wife share her steak with the kid because the misses likes it rare and i'm not up for the kid eating anything undercooked. 5-star?! HAH!! try finding a friggin 4 star place to eat in south jersey. i think mcdonald's actually qualifies as 3 star around here.

i did intend to mention that i also by no means believe that goodridges are immune from failing. it's more about minimizing risk. i just operate on a different risk/benefit analysis. about 12 years ago i put russel lines or some other less-known brand on my bronco cause i was single, w/o kids and amazingly still a cheap bastard. but the bronco just sits for now and no one willbe riding in it til i get some decent lines in there and maybe some f-350 calipers and maybe beef up to D60 axles and maybe some 37" mickey thompsons and maybe.....
Old 02-24-2006, 11:36 AM

well if u had asked a more direct question and actually read my post, u would have
A) instead of questioning the veracity my concern about my children's safety (which is a really scumbag/ambulance chaser thing to do) read that they are primarily assigned to the saab. in case ur not witty enough to ask urself, it's an 05 9-5.
B)learned that i re-did the brake and suspension system and many electrics with oem parts and new rubber when i had my first kid seeing as to how my wife's max was the first used car i had ever driven. and again, to pre-empt ur doubt about my concern, when the kids stay with my mother, they ride in her 03 s-class and when at my wife's mother's, they ride in my saab as i am not comfortable with her car. if ur curiousity demands - started with a caddy sts, bronco, cl type s, durango hemi and now the saab - please and thank u.

yes, u do try ur best with what u've got. but that "good enough" mentality doesn't have a place when it comes to the brakes on a car that my kids might be in for a few minutes out of the month. like i said this is my opinion. if ur comfort zone allows u to use such parts then more power to you. i believe an opnion was asked and i answered. i defended my opinion from an engineering perspective as well as a father's pov. and though u can't obviously challenge my argument re: the superiorty of one product over the other, u have turned to calling into suspect my concern about my kids.

i'm not sure why someone who has an opinion that differs from u causes such a reaction from u. i don't think i attacked ur opinion or even u as a person or ur concern for ur offspring.

as for ur example and in keeping with the "do the best with what u've got" motif, a priority has to be set. does the car need an alignment, brake pads, bushings, calipers and brake lines? #1 & #2 have both moved in the right direction but neither has "done the best with they've got". a very good alignment needs only a peice of string and jackstands. pads are inexpensive. caliper rebuild kits from any supplier are also inexpensive as are bushings.

it's transparent that u have poised ur question in such a way thae forces an answer of #1. but u ignore the concept of prioritizing. i thank God that i've never been in a situation that i couldn't fully afford to do whatever it took to get a car to my comfort zone. but ur example doesn't include the option of buying replacement brake lines from the delaer or any other retailer. why not? if ur standard is simply to be dot approved, then why not just offer to purchase replacements from autozone or nissan. ur example is pretty weak.

like i said, an opinion was asked. i answered and explained. i believe u have yet to explain urs for PunkFriday's edification. unless ur explanation is that they're dot, newer than the stock pieces and "good enough".

i still don't get where all the hate is coming from. u should try harder to make intelligible arguements (kinda like Matt did) rather than....well whatever it is that u attempted to do. just discuss facts and science - don't question me as a father. u really have no idea who u're talking about and it's just crude and vulgar
Old 02-24-2006, 11:53 AM
I'm needing a caw

All I asked is why discuss the quality differences inbetween brand new brake lines when you still have 15 year old lines on your maxima? I wasn't implying anything about your kids. You brought it up. Who's hating?? Not I.

Point being the difference in quality inbetween goodridge and technafit isn't enough of a difference to be concerned about. When in all likelyhood, something else on the 90 maxima would probably fail 1st. I'm sorry that point had to be directly stated.

If anyone is implying anything, it's you. It seem to imply that since I don't use Goodridge lines, you seem to think I'm willing to put my kid at more risk than you. I don't.

I now own an 03 G35 and a 2000 Rx300 thank you. Not that it really had anything to do with our discussion. But again, you brought up the other cars, not I.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:12 PM
I'm needing a caw

I see the confusion. I took those pics from your cardomain site. You must not have reconized it. The question is "how old are your lines in this pic?". I thougth that was clear as I already mentioned having SS lines and therefore have no need to post pics of oem rubber lines of any age.

Up to this point, there was no mention of you servicing them. Although it wouldn't suprise me if you did. Apparently you did here:

learned that i re-did the brake and suspension system and many electrics with oem parts and new rubber when i had my first kid seeing as to how my wife's max was the first used car i had ever driven.
But this is the 1st time it was mentioned or implied

Also:

but the max will see my 3 month old and my 3 year old as passengers (though they are primarily assigned to the saab
This indicates limited usage. But how limited is not known until you specifically state it. But since you do mention your baby would ride in the maxima, I used the maxima as an example. Since we are of course discussing maximas in this thread.

lol based on simple design and age, i would sure hope that new ss lines are in much better condition than ur decade old rubber ones. i'm taking some liberties here cause ur comment is a little vague but i'm presuming ur comparing new techna-fits to oem rubber lines. feel free to clarify.

ur "guess the age question" is a little vague. u mention "these" which usually means more than one of something but i am not certain what that something is. the single retainer? the single line?
i suppose it doesn't matter cause i gave up my "guess how old my car part is" booth at the carnival to pursue my career in guessing jelly beans.

so how bout a more direct line to what ur point is?
Old 02-24-2006, 12:14 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

You guys talk too much...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:19 PM
I'm needing a caw

Go weld something. You need the pratice Stevie

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
You guys talk too much...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:22 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Go weld something. You need the pratice Stevie
Soo how many times have you got in the G and tried to push the clutch in..
Old 02-24-2006, 12:24 PM

u never asked y discuss the quality differences. u just made feeble attempts to question the basis of my opinion. but if u'd like to ask y discuss the topic at all: well, it's really simple, i discussed quality differences becuase it was asked. maybe u missed that part of the thread - u know, the title.
and to repeat myself for the nth time, i have 4 year old oem brake lines on my max.
i believe the comment questioning my concern about my children began with "If you are THAT concerned about your kid's safety" - just to refresh ur memory.
if u feel there isn't much of a difference between the 2 brands, then just say so. if u'r defense of that opinion is "because something else will probably fail first" - well i don't see how that pertains to defending the similarity of their quality.
actually u brought up cars - specifically my need to get a better one if in fact i am really THAT concerned about my children.

let me clarify this for u Jeff92se.
a fellow orger asked for a recommendation on brake lines.
i suggested brand A for reasons based on experience and MY concern for MY kids considering that these are brake parts.
i think i made my arguments abundantly clear.
perhaps u feel that 15 year old lines are so bad that anything would be an improvement and to that i would agree and suggest getting oem replacements. because again, anything would be an improvement and the oem replacements at least have proven to be dependable for over a decade of service. despite ur deluded view of what it takes to be an oem supplier in ur second post, it's not easy. so if i'm going to replace my oem's, i am going to want a seriously superior product. i would dare say that there's less of a quality difference between new oem's and techna-fits vs. techna-fits and goodridges.

before u make comment as to who brought up what issue first, read ur posts over.

if u wish any further discussion about manufacturing quality then by all means..

but i think i'm done with ur "who needs a better car and is a better father" pissing match.

All I asked is why discuss the quality differences inbetween brand new brake lines when you still have 15 year old lines on your maxima? I wasn't implying anything about your kids. You brought it up. Who's hating?? Not I.

Point being the difference in quality inbetween goodridge and technafit isn't enough of a difference to be concerned about. When in all likelyhood, something else on the 90 maxima would probably fail 1st. I'm sorry that point had to be directly stated.

If anyone is implying anything, it's you. It seem to imply that since I don't use Goodridge lines, you seem to think I'm willing to put my kid at more risk than you. I don't.

I now own an 03 G35 and a 2000 Rx300 thank you. Not that it really had anything to do with our discussion. But again, you brought up the other cars, not I.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:25 PM
I'm needing a caw

Haha. Probably once or twice. It's odd. When I get into an Auto, I usually don't have a problem. Usually because it's not MY car. But I've stomped on the "clutch" once and said "hehe" .

One thing I do sometimes is reach for e-brake with my right hand. The damned thing has a foot e-brake now. haha
Old 02-24-2006, 12:27 PM

LOL...i do this almost everytime i get into any other car. i don't know why i assume every car to be stick when most of the cars i drive are not?

u should see me panic when i come to a ight and can't find the clutch and think i'm gonna stall
Old 02-24-2006, 12:28 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Haha. Probably once or twice. It's odd. When I get into an Auto, I usually don't have a problem. Usually because it's not MY car. But I've stomped on the "clutch" once and said "hehe" .

One thing I do sometimes is reach for e-brake with my right hand. The damned thing has a foot e-brake now. haha
I have done that too in the wifey's minivan...
Old 02-24-2006, 12:31 PM

u're right, i totally did not recognize that foto. that's just a doctored photo. someone else needed help with identifying the retainer - its not my car. i didn't discuss servicing them because it wasn't asked and i didn't see how it pertained to comparing techna-fits and goodridges.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm needing a caw

nth time? Try 1st time. I referring to your rationale on the subject of safety. Again, it's clear it needs to be specifcally asked and not implied. You 1st brought up your kid's safety. I only tried to understand your rationale of having old brake lines (again my question came up before you stated how old they were) vs paying more for goodridge lines.

Shall I state this again? I never questioned your ability to be a good father. The question(s) were asked to understand your rationale. There is no "pissing" match. Did I state I was any better of a father than you in the context of this discussion? No. Why? Because I drove my kid around in the same maxima with tons more mods. I never had a problem with the maxima, the mods or driving with those mods. If I admit this, exactly how am I trying to "****" further than you? Or how could you understand my statement of getting another car as more than rhetorical when I had stated I drive my OWN kid in a maxima?

You having other cars is fine. But it was you that directly stated that your kids would be in it. I'll assume how much time is irrevelent. (although you felt the need to specify that)

u never asked y discuss the quality differences. u just made feeble attempts to question the basis of my opinion. but if u'd like to ask y discuss the topic at all: well, it's really simple, i discussed quality differences becuase it was asked. maybe u missed that part of the thread - u know, the title.
and to repeat myself for the nth time, i have 4 year old oem brake lines on my max.
i believe the comment questioning my concern about my children began with "If you are THAT concerned about your kid's safety" - just to refresh ur memory.
if u feel there isn't much of a difference between the 2 brands, then just say so. if u'r defense of that opinion is "because something else will probably fail first" - well i don't see how that pertains to defending the similarity of their quality.
actually u brought up cars - specifically my need to get a better one if in fact i am really THAT concerned about my children.

let me clarify this for u Jeff92se.
a fellow orger asked for a recommendation on brake lines.
i suggested brand A for reasons based on experience and MY concern for MY kids considering that these are brake parts.
i think i made my arguments abundantly clear.
perhaps u feel that 15 year old lines are so bad that anything would be an improvement and to that i would agree and suggest getting oem replacements. because again, anything would be an improvement and the oem replacements at least have proven to be dependable for over a decade of service. despite ur deluded view of what it takes to be an oem supplier in ur second post, it's not easy. so if i'm going to replace my oem's, i am going to want a seriously superior product. i would dare say that there's less of a quality difference between new oem's and techna-fits vs. techna-fits and goodridges.

before u make comment as to who brought up what issue first, read ur posts over.

if u wish any further discussion about manufacturing quality then by all means..

but i think i'm done with ur "who needs a better car and is a better father" pissing match.
Old 02-24-2006, 12:43 PM
I'm needing a caw

I think I might have punch myself upside my head once via reaching and automatically "wrenching" an imaginary e-brake up.

I have done that too in the wifey's minivan...

Quick Reply: Best SS Brake Lines for 3rd gen?