3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

window problem

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 11:41 AM

window problem

my front passanger window, is very very very slow, i just replaced the regulator and motor, and still it goes the same speed as before, is there any way that its like not getting enough power? or what the heck is goin on here any advice is great
Old 04-07-2006, 11:44 AM

Could be a voltage issue. If you have a multimeter you could use it to figure out how many volts are going to each of the other window motors and find out if it has a lack of voltage, that would cause it to go slow. Or possible the track is gunked up/rusty.
Old 04-07-2006, 11:47 AM

im about to go down stairs to see if the voltage is low? if it is what would i need to do to fix it, btw the window goes slow with or without the car on
Old 04-07-2006, 11:49 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

You may have the regulator out of adjustment,try loosening the mounting screws up a little so you can move the regulator assembly around,then work the window up and down a few times while moving the assembly around...You may find a point that frees it up....

Also,lube up the window tracks with white lithum grease...
Old 04-07-2006, 12:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

This happened on my 89 also. Like you, I replaced the motor, adjusted the tracks, tested the voltage and it still went slow. After some research into service bulletins, I found out that there were plenty of complaints from owners of 89's about this. Turns out the rubber window track was redesigned for 1990 to allow more clearance, which allowed the window to move freely. I changed my 89 rubber tracks out for ones from my 90 parts car, and low and behold....., the windows worked fine (and have for years now).

Not saying that is 'for sure' the case - just keep it in mind as a possibility.
Old 04-07-2006, 12:57 PM
Dude, I've got NOS!!!1!!1!1one

I have a problem similar to this. When the passenger window rolls up it works move at normal speed but when its 2-3 inches from closing it lags out and sometimes stops moving/catching on something or slows down in general. This has been going on for awhile and a few months ago I got backed into and they had to take the door apart. I asked them about the window and they said that they didn't notice anything that could be causing it(Even though I assumed that some silly string had dried inside the track when some kid at my school tried to mess with my car).....Help me out guys it gets old sometimes having to force my window shut. Sorry to ***** your thread Trev but this was too close to my problem to pass it up.
Old 04-07-2006, 01:05 PM

That could be caused by the window track material tearing. As the window goes up, it either goes up slightly crooked and binds....., and/or the torn portion of the window track bunches up above the edge of the glass (usually the front edge) and causes the window to slow dramatically.

Take your door panel off and look at the condition of the window track. Removing the plastic vapor barrier and sometimes even the speaker can make this much easier to view.

Again, I had this same problem on my driver's side front window when I first got my '89. So when I replaced the passenger track to fix the generally slow movement..... I replaced the driver's side as well, and it's been great ever since (knock on wood).
Old 04-07-2006, 01:35 PM

Took forever to find it, but here's the bulletin that prompted me to replace the window track material. Hopefully the link works.

(4th down on the right)

http://www.nissan-techinfo.com/nissa...%20%26%20FRAME
Old 04-08-2006, 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by joe94gxe
I have a problem similar to this. When the passenger window rolls up it works move at normal speed but when its 2-3 inches from closing it lags out and sometimes stops moving/catching on something or slows down in general. This has been going on for awhile and a few months ago I got backed into and they had to take the door apart. I asked them about the window and they said that they didn't notice anything that could be causing it(Even though I assumed that some silly string had dried inside the track when some kid at my school tried to mess with my car).....Help me out guys it gets old sometimes having to force my window shut. Sorry to ***** your thread Trev but this was too close to my problem to pass it up.
np my window does the exact same stoping thing just liked usaid