3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Just found this on my PC

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2006, 08:38 PM
heresmymind

Just found this on my PC

First and Only Ticket with my max.

Had a court date. they wanted 350$ 5 hours of cummunity service and driver retraining class because it was reckless driving. After my police cheif/boss talk to the pros. it got dropped to a 60$ speeding violation

Old 07-13-2006, 08:50 PM
I'm needing a caw

I got completely off my reckless ticket on my own
Old 07-13-2006, 08:52 PM

i had to go to court for a 114 in a 55
Old 07-13-2006, 10:10 PM
No turbo, no care!

Originally Posted by Jeff92se
Do tell...
Old 07-13-2006, 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by Jeff583
i had to go to court for a 114 in a 55
how do you get caught doing 114? stop and wait for the cop to catch up?
Old 07-13-2006, 11:56 PM

when i lived in Huntsville Alabama, cop stopped me for 115 in a school zone. we talked for about a half hour and he let me go. i couldn't believe it.
Old 07-14-2006, 07:08 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

ahh wreckless driving. When I was in high school I was out one night and I started to pull out of a place that had a little gravel in the drive,well as soon as I started to pull out I saw lights coming around the corner (there was a sharp corner not far from where I was pulling out) so I gave it a little too much gas. Well since it was spinning I decided to gas it and ride it out. Needless to say I got sideways on the street and rode it out through second....was fun and I have done it many a time.

The only problem was the car I pulled out in front of was a cop...ouch. I was scared to death and just said yes sir, no sir, I am sorry sir my throttle got stuck when I pulled out (which he didnt buy...it was a lie anyway.)..blah blah blah.

He was so mad i am surprised he didnt haul me in. He gave me the ticket that night (early morning 2a.m. I think) and i called my uncle (who was a high ranking cop) who took care of it for me.

that was in my 66 Chevelle back when it was my daily driver (I would say 89 or so).
Old 07-14-2006, 07:22 AM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I got a wreckless driving ticket[107 in a 65 zone] in my 85 trans am about 13 years ago..$155 ticket and 4 or 5 points of my driving record...

Over the years i have learned where the cops tend to sit in my area=no more tickets..
Old 07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
mod or sell?

thank g-d I've never gotten a ticket for reckless driving.
A forest preserve cop threatened me with one claiming that if he did he'd have to run me in.
Gave me an "offroading" ticket instead.
of course he didn't show up to court so it was tossed.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:24 AM
heresmymind

lazer detector, and working for the cops are the best 2 ways to get away with speeding. then again you shouldnt speed. cause speeding is

Old 07-14-2006, 11:43 AM

only speeding ticket i've ever gotten was in '99 in my parent's maxima, 75 in a 55. got pulled over a little over a year ago in my max for going 90 in a 60 and jerking into a lane w/o signaling. i told the cop i had just replaced my timing belt and my suspension was uneven from being on jackstands so i was testing the car, which was half true. he let me off with a warning and as a way of saying thank you, i got out of my car and gave him the ham pizza i had just made at work. after getting back in my car i realized that i gave a cop a pork pizza...true story.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:41 PM
heresmymind

Originally Posted by Hectic
i gave a cop a pork pizza...true story.
You just made my day.

Old 07-14-2006, 06:46 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

oh man speaking of speeding tickets

I GOT ONE THIS MORNING

i was going to pick up my advance check, going 57 in a 35, up a hilll BAM cop comming towards me, here i am yelling ****, he turns around quick as hell, as im about to be at advance, he turns on lights and i turn in a gasstation thats not being used, and he writes me a tickets for 57 in 35 and im really pissed, and i was 20 feet from advance

i was wondering what would happen if i would of went to advance and when inside, would he just leve the ticket on the car???????

then after that i go accross town, and i see someone else getting pulled, then im like wow thats the same cop, and i got pissed all over agian and kinda spun tires, to **** him off

then as im heading to work, i was turning left and i see a cop so i dont go, anyother car and i would of, hes poking ***, he turns with no signal and yes its that same ****er, he turns on his lights just to **** me off, i thought about turning around and writing him a ticket for not using a turn signal, of course i had to go to work......

oh and im getting a radar dectector, i know it would of saved my ***, andthis ticket is prob gonna cost me a lot

im thinking of being a cop just to not wright tickets to people, unless they are going like 100mph

i only get tickets when im speeding and dont know, if im racing, spinning tires, or driving 110, in a 35 not a damm cop around
Old 07-14-2006, 08:21 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Got caught twice,once in Georgia .85 on a 70 on interstate 95. $115.Then avoiding an intersection and doing 65 on a 30 all at the same time.That was about $250 and points. Also when i was 16. Driving a motorcycle.No license no registration no insurance.Over $600 in fines and penalties.Which i had to pay when i wanted to switch my license to a New York license.Just wanted to throw that in.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:04 PM

First time I got pulled over was a couple years back for speeding was on my way back from a friends college, which is a 60 mile drive down a straight highway. I normally stay pegged at 65 on all highways but because this was a long trip and a desolate highway I was going a bit faster, even a bit faster than I realized when I got pulled over.

So I saw a cop car pretty far ahead of me and normal reaction caused me to glance down at the speedometer and get ready to brake. Lo and behold, I was at 85 mph and I freaked out and started braking(which just screams "HEY PULL ME OVER IM SPEEDING")... As I passed, the lights went on and the cop car pulled out of the grass.

I was in the left lane, and being the idiot that I am I pulled over into the median. Hey, it was my first time being pulled over... I was nervous and just pulled over to the closest location.

I didn't back talk to the officer or anything, I listened to everything he said and respectfully told him that I just wasn't paying attention. After checking my license he came back to my car and said "you know what, you seem like a nice guy, I'm gonna let you off with a warning". Then he told me to be careful pulling out because once again I'm an idiot and pulled onto the median.

His radar gun clocked me at 77 in a 55. Not as hardcore as some of you psychos doing 114 in a school zone, heh.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:06 PM

Originally Posted by SurraTT

im thinking of being a cop just to not wright tickets to people, unless they are going like 100mph
But you're not gonna meet the quota that way.
Old 07-14-2006, 11:48 PM

A cop gave you a wreckless driving ticket?

Old 07-14-2006, 11:51 PM

oh and im getting a radar dectector, i know it would of saved my ***, andthis ticket is prob gonna cost me a lot
a radar detector is not going to help you
Old 07-15-2006, 06:24 AM
heresmymind

Originally Posted by jaguax
They just banned qouta's in CT because cops were stacking the last week.

Old 07-15-2006, 06:57 AM
HR Swap Pioneer

Originally Posted by jaguax

no quotas here, arent they iilegal in every state?? if not they woulten a cop just write tickets all 1 day and the rest of the days do nothing?

Originally Posted by MrGone
a radar detector is not going to help you
on both instances where i got tickets it would have
Old 07-15-2006, 09:41 AM

no quotas here, arent they iilegal in every state?? if not they woulten a cop just write tickets all 1 day and the rest of the days do nothing?

on both instances where i got tickets it would have
almost 60mph in a 35? I don't think so
spinning tires "at" them, etc.

And if hey have laser you are hosed. Not to mention if a cop wants to give you a ticket, you're getting a ticket. The best thing to do is take away any reason for them to want to pull you over.
Old 07-15-2006, 06:08 PM

almost 60mph in a 35? I don't think so
spinning tires "at" them, etc.

And if hey have laser you are hosed. Not to mention if a cop wants to give you a ticket, you're getting a ticket. The best thing to do is take away any reason for them to want to pull you over.
True, however we all break the rules occasionally. My friends and I were doing a bit of that when we were lasered, and the lead car(which was equipped with a radar/laser detector) tapped the brake lights and we took a little detour on country roads. We got lost and ended up re-entering the highway where we exited, and on the way back we passed two county sheriffs and a couple of highway patrol conversing at the spot where we assume the laser came from. They all ran for there cars and followed us, but it was thirty minutes later and they couldn't prove anything, so we were left alone after five miles of them running our tags. I've been saved a few times, and I recomend them, one time pays for itself...
Old 07-15-2006, 06:11 PM
heresmymind

Glad someone else has common sense. Everyone speeds you can't say you drive perfect. 150$ lazer detector or 350$ ticket, driver retraining or cumm serverice or points off license. You do the math.

Old 07-15-2006, 08:50 PM
mod or sell?

Dam some places are expensive for speeding.
it's only like $75 around here for 20 over.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:46 PM

I don't think they're illegal, even if a quota doesn't exist, then couldn't a cop just do nothing everyday?

Having a quota at least proves you are doing something.

But I really dunno which states have them and which don't.
Old 07-16-2006, 02:08 AM

Originally Posted by nismosleeper
True, however we all break the rules occasionally. My friends and I were doing a bit of that when we were lasered, and the lead car(which was equipped with a radar/laser detector) tapped the brake lights and we took a little detour on country roads. We got lost and ended up re-entering the highway where we exited, and on the way back we passed two county sheriffs and a couple of highway patrol conversing at the spot where we assume the laser came from. They all ran for there cars and followed us, but it was thirty minutes later and they couldn't prove anything, so we were left alone after five miles of them running our tags. I've been saved a few times, and I recomend them, one time pays for itself...
ok so the only way for laser to be "effective" is to drive with two or more cars and press your luck?

Originally Posted by heresmymind
Glad someone else has common sense. Everyone speeds you can't say you drive perfect. 150$ lazer detector or 350$ ticket, driver retraining or cumm serverice or points off license. You do the math.
Laser..... it's not a broad spectrum like radar, chances are if you get lit up you are toast.

And the Valentine1/other good detectors are more than $150

I've been driving 5 years, never been pulled over, never had a radar/laser detector
Old 07-16-2006, 06:12 AM
heresmymind

the nice whistlers like the one I have will tell you if a lazer has been popped. as in used in last 5 minutes. slowly they are figuring out how to detect lazers besides picking them up when they shoot em.

Old 07-16-2006, 07:10 AM

ok so the only way for laser to be "effective" is to drive with two or more cars and press your luck?
No, I used that as an example because that is the only time that I've been lasered(or around someone lasered); My car did not have a detector at the time. As for pushing my luck, I didn't see any lights at the time, cops in my area don't hit their lights until they are right behind you, so there is a little bit of room to evade without it being illegal. Props on not getting pulled over, I'm envious; most people are not that lucky(or maybe you just obey the law all of the time).
Old 07-17-2006, 03:03 PM

surprisingly i NEVER got a sprrding ticket.. only one for a tail light....but i did get stopped DIRECTLY after racing a mazda MX-3 V6 DOHC.. i got the maxima up to 130 MPH.... then gradually slowed down to 85...... the speedlimit was 55.......MAN DO I LOVE THE PBA cards...... they got me out of alot of ****.... and that was on my provisional license!!! ha ha... ohh and i also had 3 ppl in the car...... i miss my maxima
Old 07-17-2006, 03:14 PM
I'm needing a caw

Amazingly yes. I used to drive like a total AZZ. This was many years ago in my Datsun 510. Probably drove alot worse than you ever did.

A cop gave you a wreckless driving ticket?

Old 07-17-2006, 03:21 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Amazingly yes. I used to drive like a total AZZ. This was many years ago in my Datsun 510. Probably drove alot worse than you ever did.
Now all you do is drive gramps style and talk politics..
Old 07-17-2006, 03:25 PM
I'm needing a caw

Bring you gramps maxima over here and I'll show ya

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Now all you do is drive gramps style and talk politics..
Old 07-17-2006, 03:27 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Bring you gramps maxima over here and I'll show ya
Ok..Just don't fall asleep between them auto shifts..
Old 08-11-2006, 11:39 PM
Banned

i have one worse i had a wreckless for racing a ford mustang gt and bad thing bout it is that i was alone in the care which is concidered a careless driviung ticket but none the less i didnt find dat out till later myself and had to pay 500 plus court costs (okalhoma city bull**** cops)
Old 08-12-2006, 06:39 AM

Originally Posted by elusivemax93
i have one worse i had a wreckless for racing a ford mustang gt and bad thing bout it is that i was alone in the care which is concidered a careless driviung ticket but none the less i didnt find dat out till later myself and had to pay 500 plus court costs (okalhoma city bull**** cops)
I almost understood that.
Old 08-12-2006, 08:28 AM

Probably drove alot worse than you ever did.
i highly doubt it
Old 08-12-2006, 09:33 AM

The one and only time I got a ticket in High School, the cop magically clocked me doing 55 in 35 through 50 yards of dense forest.

I could tell it was B.S. call because my speedo only said 45. Lucky the judge was a good friend of my dad's back in High School, pointed out on a map where they were sitting when they "clocked me doing 55" Dropped the charge right there on the spot.
Old 08-26-2006, 08:39 PM

my very first ticket was in my 89 se when i was 16 106 in a 60 coted me 185.00 becasue the cop wrote as a 90 so i woulnt have to go to jail(anything 30 over they are requested to brign you in for reckless driving). i also got one for 55 in a 30 i was going through a small city and blew by the cop and i crossed the other city line so i kept going so he came into the gas station i stopped at(2 miles up the road) talked a bunch of crap and gave a me a ticket for speeding and fleeing and eluding..he wanted to haul me in but couldnt arrest me because he wasnt in a jurisdiction to arrest me and woulda had to call in the police of my town which think his town police is a joke...so i took the ticket to court becasue i like to be ***** and make there lifes harder becasue it was morning shift cop adn we get evenging court times come to find out he was using a radar gun that wasnt calibrated and had no recent paper work....and then after the judge saw he gave me ticket with using a bs radar gun he dropped the eluding becasue i stayed on one road and didnt try to loose him and the cop admitted that it did take him a second to get into his car and get on the road to pull me which meant that even some one doing the speed limit coulda easily went into the next city becase he was right on the city line radaring people as they come out and he was supposed to be doing it when they were comming in....idiot.....it was great...me 1 gulfport cop 0
Old 08-27-2006, 04:27 AM
Alex_V

Originally Posted by heresmymind
lazer detector, and working for the cops are the best 2 ways to get away with speeding. then again you shouldnt speed. cause speeding is
I love this logic. Why does the autobahn have 80mph+ and unlimited speed in some places, yet have half the accidents we do? Oh right they are actually taught how to drive! what a fuggen idea that is...

~Alex

Old 08-27-2006, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Alex_V
I love this logic. Why does the autobahn have 80mph+ and unlimited speed in some places, yet have half the accidents we do? Oh right they are actually taught how to drive! what a fuggen idea that is...

~Alex
I'm sure that they deal with less relative volume that we do in the states. Also, the legal driving age is 18 in most areas IIRC. The speed limit is also 31 mph in the city and 18 in residential areas.