3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Questions. And Answers that work.

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2006, 03:20 PM

Questions. And Answers that work.

What do I do about the police getting on me excessively. I cannot do anything with out them pulling me over. I got my first ticket in April of this year. Speeding and loss got one point. Then second ticket I received was 2 months ago and thats a unsafe lane changing. Loss and another point. Then last I just got a warning for speeding when I was not and they stated they going to give me a ticket for not changing my address after I moved. THis was Tuesday of this week. I dont know what to do. I almost hate cops because within 6 months I went from having no points to 2. What to do? Also got in my car this afternoon and it started to rattle under my car. In drive, in park, in neutral. I dont know what to do? I can think a lil that its coming from my exhaust system pipe. Its around the front of my car. Do you all have any advice on that either?

Old 07-14-2006, 03:33 PM

Wow lame, this have everything to do with our cars!

Why don't you learn to drive?

Lock this shiznut up!
--------------------------
Edit, i only read 3/4's

The rattle can be pin pointed by sticking ur head under your car. If it's dark I suggest a flashlight.

Again stop driving like crap.
Old 07-14-2006, 03:36 PM

that rattle under your car is the tracking device the cops installed to keep track of your every move seriously, if you're speeding and changing lanes incorrectly, how can you complain that the cops are sweating you? you just have to drive without breaking laws
Old 07-14-2006, 03:38 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

My advice is to pay attention to speed limit signs/your general surroundings/and most of all...Just plain and simply obey the law...
Old 07-14-2006, 05:42 PM

Next time they pull you over falsely... ask them to prove you were going that speed by showing you the radar. Rapid City Cops will do this so if you try to go to court over it, the judge will throw you out since they took you back to the cruiser to see the radar.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:01 PM

It dont be my fault. But also what to do about the rattling of the i think exhaust.
Old 07-14-2006, 06:36 PM
heresmymind

Police are mad chill. the best thing you can do is go out of your way and intro yourself to your local police when you see them. They deffinitly like that. Ask them a simple question like if something is legal on you car (make sure you know it is before hand and act dumb). Strike a convo. cause next time you see them they will have a better opinion of you. I have done this with the neighboring towns police. ofcourse i know the ones i work for but the neighboring ones i don't. Drive less like a jerk. buy a lazer detector / radar jammer. never lie to a cop. Best thing to do is be honost. Just apologize and say you are sorry. honosty and politeness go a long way. unless u were going like 150 in a school zone, then you're on your own. Just make a good impression on them, and it will go a long way. I promise.

Old 07-14-2006, 08:26 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Next time you get pulled over. Ask the cop if he could help find the rattle.Maybe he'll forget about the ticket.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:35 AM

Originally Posted by heresmymind
Police are mad chill. the best thing you can do is go out of your way and intro yourself to your local police when you see them. They deffinitly like that. Ask them a simple question like if something is legal on you car (make sure you know it is before hand and act dumb). Strike a convo. cause next time you see them they will have a better opinion of you. I have done this with the neighboring towns police. ofcourse i know the ones i work for but the neighboring ones i don't. Drive less like a jerk. buy a lazer detector / radar jammer. never lie to a cop. Best thing to do is be honost. Just apologize and say you are sorry. honosty and politeness go a long way. unless u were going like 150 in a school zone, then you're on your own. Just make a good impression on them, and it will go a long way. I promise.
I used to be really good at guessing my speed on the detector. I got out of a good one one time. I was pulled over for doing 55 in a 35. Cop asked me how fast I think I was going, and I said 55. He said close 54, I snapped my fingers and said, "dang, I used to be so good at that." He laughed and gave me a 40 in a 35. Luckily he hadn't clocked me 5 seconds earlier as I was doing 65 in a 35. The truck next to me hit his brakes and I just happen to see his radar detector, and hit my brakes, but too late.
Old 07-15-2006, 08:54 AM

Wow thanks for the help. Its just demoralizing that all my friends speed all the time and never get anything and if they do get pulled over they get smacked on wrist while me I get a point and a traffic class i gotta go to thats all. But the pinging I definately think its coming from my exhaust line but going back on it its like the big pipe after the caddalyic (check spelling) converter.
Old 07-15-2006, 09:54 AM

Originally Posted by JRS89MAX
Next time you get pulled over. Ask the cop if he could help find the rattle.Maybe he'll forget about the ticket.

Do you have pics of the car? Something maybe drawing their attention.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:13 PM

Dag dont have a camera. I gotta get one.
Old 07-15-2006, 12:45 PM

Originally Posted by Jbr8k

Do you have pics of the car? Something maybe drawing their attention.
That is a very good point. I used to have a 03 Protege 5 that drew the cops attention more than the Maxima... and I would speed in the Max and they wouldn't bother me, unless I did something majorly stupid. The Protege I would get pulled over for supposedly doing 5 over, and my speedo was a just a smidge above.
Old 07-15-2006, 02:36 PM

Originally Posted by u dun 4
It dont be my fault. But also what to do about the rattling of the i think exhaust.

Yeah it be.

Learn proper grammer too, it will help in court.