3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

ST's Finally Here!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

ST's Finally Here!!!

These are a few pictures of my suspension techique bars and blemco rear links.

New in the box.

The front.

The rear with blemco links.

The stock bars. It hard to believe how much different the car feels now!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:27 PM

How does it feel and how much total time and money involved?

Looks Goood!!!
Old 08-28-2006, 05:34 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Nice..

Cost?
Old 08-28-2006, 07:14 PM

Thanks guys..

As per cost, the ST kit I got from Cardomain for $225 which included the frt and rear bars with hardware, and the blehmco links I paid $25.

This has been one of the best mods I've done so far, The car handles like a dream.
Old 08-28-2006, 08:56 PM

i just check cardomain and it was 310 for the set. i already ordered the front but its back ordered from summit i think and i thought about canceling but i couldn't find a price that good.
Old 08-28-2006, 09:08 PM

I got my fsb from summit about three weeks ago. I ordered it in May. At $120 no one has it for cheaper. I got my Addco rear bar from shox.com. They have a pretty good selection too. A little higher priced but not too bad.

Have you added strut bars yet? Or the lower tie bar from Matt? If you like the sway bar improvement, wait 'til you try all of that too. My next (only thing left) piece will be the WSP subframes.
Old 08-29-2006, 02:43 AM

Originally Posted by sublunary
i just check cardomain and it was 310 for the set. i already ordered the front but its back ordered from summit i think and i thought about canceling but i couldn't find a price that good.

Cardomain price matched Summit plus another 5% discount so it came to $225. For any of you guys looking go that route, plus, you get it much quicker since Summit's been back-ordered for a while.
Old 11-16-2006, 04:14 PM
Donating member? what the?!

Originally Posted by Jbr8k
Thanks guys..

As per cost, the ST kit I got from Cardomain for $225 which included the frt and rear bars with hardware, and the blehmco links I paid $25.

This has been one of the best mods I've done so far, The car handles like a dream.
Hi. To Matt: Is it still possible to get them links for $25?
They're showing as $45 on your site

*edit*
just submitted a Price Match to CarDomain site with Summit Racing's price of $230 for front and rear sways. hopefully they will approve the price match, and then, I will be king of Mt. Akina (no, not really)

*edit #2*
STs are on they way. Expected to arrive on..... Dec. 8?!!?! d'oh!
Old 11-16-2006, 06:05 PM

Why must you tempt me so!?!?!?!?!?
Old 11-20-2006, 06:05 PM

just put mine on last weekend but i haven't been able to really dig into them yet but even at normal driving there is a noticably different feel
Old 11-20-2006, 07:03 PM
HR Swap Pioneer

well ill chime in,

my rear links are shot to hell

i made some new ones, and they broke to, idk wtf is wrong, i guess i drie to hard, but anyway they keep braking in some way

ANYONE have this problem, it makes the swaybar loud as hell when im driving
Old 11-20-2006, 07:56 PM

It might be worth it to get the blemco rear links. I read through a few posts on the subject and the stock links tend to break with thicker rear bars.
Old 11-21-2006, 12:00 PM

i bought my ST front bar with all the hardware from Brian. and i also bought the front strut brace from customenterprise for $45. i also bought the rear parallel bushings from energy suspension for $45 as well. but i just have to do some adjustments for the front again so Jbr8k, do u have the torque specs for the end links from ST and do u have pics of it after installed? i just want to make sure that its installed correctly. i also bought new control arms and bushings along with new ball joints from Brian as well. the ride feels better than before but i feel it still needs some adjustments. what springs and struts do u have Jbr8k?
Old 11-21-2006, 01:37 PM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
i bought my ST front bar with all the hardware from Brian. and i also bought the front strut brace from customenterprise for $45. i also bought the rear parallel bushings from energy suspension for $45 as well. but i just have to do some adjustments for the front again so Jbr8k, do u have the torque specs for the end links from ST and do u have pics of it after installed? i just want to make sure that its installed correctly. i also bought new control arms and bushings along with new ball joints from Brian as well. the ride feels better than before but i feel it still needs some adjustments. what springs and struts do u have Jbr8k?

I went 30ftlbs on the front end link bolts you might want to double check that but I didn't want to compress the bushings too much(ST instructions are horrible btw) and for struts, I have Tokico struts with intrax springs.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:25 PM

this may come off as a dumb question, but, what will the energy suspension links do?
Old 11-21-2006, 04:30 PM

I went 30ftlbs on the front end link bolts you might want to double check that but I didn't want to compress the bushings too much(ST instructions are horrible btw) and for struts, I have Tokico struts with intrax springs.

i kind of figured the same thing about the instructions for the install being horrible as well. i didn't want to compress them either but had my doubts as well. i guess i will double check when i get a chance. i have kyb shocks and arospeed springs a.k.a. arosh!ts. i will be changin' my springs but not sure if i should use intrax or sprints? i need a stiffer ride. right now its smooth but loose. then again i still need to finish my suspension on ordering the rest of the parts from Matt and Brian.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:36 PM

Originally Posted by super32
this may come off as a dumb question, but, what will the energy suspension links do?
bushings not links. the energy suspension bushings will stiffen the rear suspension. it is noticeable but not as much as if u were to install the whole setup from Matt. From my understanding, Matt's setup is way better then just usin' the bushings.
Old 11-21-2006, 04:46 PM

but, those bushings in Jbr8k's image are in the front? Do those bushings or new bushings come with new ST front sways?

I guess my main concern is if these bushings are beneficial. I'm not planning on any autoX'ing anytime soon. Mainly taking some hard turns here and there.
Old 11-22-2006, 11:56 AM

Originally Posted by super32
but, those bushings in Jbr8k's image are in the front? Do those bushings or new bushings come with new ST front sways?

I guess my main concern is if these bushings are beneficial. I'm not planning on any autoX'ing anytime soon. Mainly taking some hard turns here and there.
those red bushings r the ones that come with the ST sways. they r included once u order the sways from ST. but the Energy Suspension rear parallel links bushings came in black when i got them and they don't come with the ST sways. u can order the Energy Suspension rear parallel links bushings from courtesyparts.com. they have it on sale for like $35 now. i paid $45 back then. but if i were u just save up for the ones that Matt makes and u'll get the parallel links with bushings, practically u'll get a whole new rear end with stiffer parts and it will handle a lot better than stock.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:56 PM

Thanks guys..

lol, that's why my car looked so familiar to you. I sold you that set of rear links. Good to see they're being put to good use
Old 11-26-2006, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by Maxima_Mike
lol, that's why my car looked so familiar to you. I sold you that set of rear links. Good to see they're being put to good use

Gotcha,
Old 11-28-2006, 12:31 AM
what can my max do for me

hi guys,

i bought my sways from an org'er and was wondering if i was missing anything. are there supposed to be longer bolts for the rear "knuckle"? or when installing the plates for the rear bar can i just re-use the stock bolts?
also, how do you guys manage to hold the rear links still while trying to take the nuts off? seems like the whole thing would just twist off. does the rear bar also come with 4 brackets for the bushings or just 2 and re-use the 2 that are already there?
Old 12-12-2006, 01:39 AM

Originally Posted by DaWifey's90
does the rear bar also come with 4 brackets for the bushings or just 2 and re-use the 2 that are already there?
I just got my shipment in. But, the only one I can answer is the bushings part.
My new set came w/ 4 brackets for the RSB and 4 bushings to fit each of the 4 brackets of the RSB. Unless your current bushings are somewhat new, then you might as well replace those too, since the aftermarket/performance RSB will be much stiffer than your OEM RSB. However, if what you have in NOW is a performance RSB (meaning it is stiffer and possibly solid vs. the OEM RSB) and you're feeling a little cheap, stick with the bushings you have now.

To Everyone Else:
and... BTW, as I just said before, I got my ST's in today. A question to all... does the driver side end of the RSB look bent? I guess the non-driver side is supposed to be bent as seen from other org members' pix, but my driver-side end seems more bent. Or does it not even matter?