3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

15.85 @ 87.83mph

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2002, 11:27 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by Aaron92SE
4. And finally, why are you lying? To get attention?
I'll go with #4 for $10,000 Stu....
Old 12-31-2002, 11:48 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

If you want to prove yourself, please answer these questions:

1. What track did you run at?
2. What date did you run this time?
3. Was this time measured with your GTech Pro?
4. And finally, why are you lying? To get attention?
1. Seattle International Raceway (SIR)
2. 7 months ago (roughly)
3. No, my GTech has only been used 3 times. 2 Times on my friends F350, and once on my Durango.
4. Im not. I have nothing to prove, and could care less about the attenchion, except I am somewhat disappointed in the reactions of you guys. I had lots of respect for you, but treating another enthuiast like this is bull ****. Yeah, you do it all the time to newbies, but cmon, how long have I been here? is it just cause I havent posted much in the last 5 months?

Also I did not scan the timeslip, I just input the numbers into excel. And I think your missing the reason why I believe I got such a good time. My transmission was not failing either, if youve even cleaned your filter you would know the results that it can have.

Also my subs were not in the back while I made this run, but the spare tire was. seriously guys, just drop it, the car is dead, Arron, you still have your fastest Auto VE title.

MrGone
Old 12-31-2002, 11:58 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Originally posted by MrGone
Also I did not scan the timeslip, I just input the numbers into excel. And I think your missing the reason why I believe I got such a good time. My transmission was not failing either, if youve even cleaned your filter you would know the results that it can have.

Also my subs were not in the back while I made this run, but the spare tire was. seriously guys, just drop it, the car is dead, Arron, you still have your fastest Auto VE title.

MrGone
Yes, I know what a clean air filter would do for your 1/4 mile times. And it will not shave a second and a half. It MIGHT shave 5 hundrendths of a second. I still can't believe you are still saying you ran a 14.82 with a clean intake and "good" tranny.

If you truely did run high 14's, then you would most definitely have the facts to back it up.

I have heard of track clocks messing up. And the person ran a 12.50@88mph. But, if you actually did run this time, did you do it consistantly? Did you make any more passes at the strip? What were those times?
Old 12-31-2002, 11:58 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

so with just an intake you ran faster than most 4th and 5th gen 5spds, VE 5spds.... oookay. you are saying your intake took off more 3/4-1 second of your time...man will you sell me your intake??
Old 12-31-2002, 12:18 PM
aka UNCDooD

thats an awful high 60' time for a 14.82 pass. and i'm pretty sure your VE auto is slower than my 4th gen 5-speed w/ just my intake. sorry but that time is rather hard to believe from a VE auto w/ just an intake.
Old 12-31-2002, 03:29 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX
so with just an intake you ran faster than most 4th and 5th gen 5spds, VE 5spds.... oookay. you are saying your intake took off more 3/4-1 second of your time...man will you sell me your intake??
i would sell you it if i could, but its in a junk yard.

na instead, I will tell you how to do it free, it too is in a post at max-world. its under poor mans intakes

Im sorry to say but I would have thought that some of you guys would have more brains then this. its almost as bad as a fixed rate for a weight to 1/4 mile time ratio that ive seen around. (you know, when people say you take the weight of your car times xxxx number and you get your quarter mile time). There are such things called gears, engine size, torque, transmission designs, engine power curves, etc. that will effect how a car performes. Not that too much of that has to do with my case, how about instead of looking for the ways to try and prove me wrong, how about you build off what happened and try to help me find some answers.

and I did make a total of 6 runs that day, the first one was a 15.35, the second was a 15.07, the third was a 15.22, the 4th was a 14.97, the 5th was a 14.84 and finally the 6th run was my 14.82.
I adjusted when I would shift and found the best combo to be overdrive off and the switch in comfort, manually shifting right before the rev limiter, took abit of practice to figure out how the car would react but I finally got it down. I would actually have to let off the gas alittle bit otherwise it would bounce off the rev-limiter to easily.

Arron, how do you launch?
The best way I could was to powerbrake just alittle (not enough to really squeal the tires). It would more or less help the reaction times and would make the launches feel more successful, but that was where the good would end for me, it would chew threw 1st too quickly and the car would loose momentum in 2nd gear.

MrGone
Old 12-31-2002, 03:40 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

more brains...for what?? to believe that you are lying out of your ***...I mean you come out of no where saying you were running some incredible time with only and intake and you wonder why we are questioning it??

and you can type all the factors you read out of those car magazines all you want, but there is now way a VE auto with intake is running that plain and simple.

Im sorry to say but I would have thought that some of you guys would have more brains then this. its almost as bad as a fixed rate for a weight to 1/4 mile time ratio that ive seen around. (you know, when people say you take the weight of your car times xxxx number and you get your quarter mile time). There are such things called gears, engine size, torque, transmission designs, engine power curves, etc. that will effect how a car performes. Not that too much of that has to do with my case, how about instead of looking for the ways to try and prove me wrong, how about you build off what happened and try to help me find some answers.

and I did make a total of 6 runs that day, the first one was a 15.35, the second was a 15.07, the third was a 15.22, the 4th was a 14.97, the 5th was a 14.84 and finally the 6th run was my 14.82.
I adjusted when I would shift and found the best combo to be overdrive off and the switch in comfort, manually shifting right before the rev limiter, took abit of practice to figure out how the car would react but I finally got it down. I would actually have to let off the gas alittle bit otherwise it would bounce off the rev-limiter to easily.

Arron, how do you launch?
The best way I could was to powerbrake just alittle (not enough to really squeal the tires). It would more or less help the reaction times and would make the launches feel more successful, but that was where the good would end for me, it would chew threw 1st too quickly and the car would loose momentum in 2nd gear.

MrGone
Old 12-31-2002, 04:07 PM
NWP Engineering.com

more brains...for what?? to believe that you are lying out of your ***...I mean you come out of no where saying you were running some incredible time with only and intake and you wonder why we are questioning it??

and you can type all the factors you read out of those car magazines all you want, but there is now way a VE auto with intake is running that plain and simple.
I would have to agree with Da-Max. There is ABSOLUTELY no way that a VE auto with intake will have enough power to run those times. Plain and simple! A 94 trap speed would need more than 170fwhp.

And what you said above lets me know that you know nothing about drag racing. Leaving OD on, will make no difference since you don't even shift into 4th before the traps. Also, leaving it in C would have no affect b/c the tranny computer automatically activates "P" mode when WOT has been reached no matter which setting has been selected.

And I have done a crap load of research about shift points, and yes, the best shift points for the VE auto would be past the rev limiter around 7K rpm. So, in a VE auto with a stock ECU, the best shift point would be as close to the rev limiter as possible or pretty much redline.

And you say that your car would "chew" through 1st way too quickly and 2nd gear would lose momentum? LOL WOW! Now, I've heard it all. Don't talk to me about gear ratios.

I'm sorry, it is impossible for a J30 with VE30DE motor and a RE4F04V tranny to run the times you are claiming without modding.
Old 12-31-2002, 04:14 PM

So when you ran these unbelievable times I'm sure you posted a thread about it telling everyone how you did, right? And also posted in the 1/4 mile times sticky, right?

What I think you did is found some 1/4 mile specs from another Max and tried to mess with them. You gave it a relatively poor 60' time to correlate with the VE auto's lack of low-end, but you seemed to not realize that the trap speed you gave it is too high. OR the 1/4 mile specs you messed with actually ran better than 14.8 and you changed it to 14.8 without realizing the trap should've come down too...

Just aint happening. BS. You're not foolin anybody.
Old 12-31-2002, 09:45 PM

blah blah blah.

actually, you might wanna play with the OD on/off switch. leaving it off will make the transmission think it is a 3 speed vs a 4 speed and it rearranges the shift points. leaving it on comfort would make it shift faster than in power. wierd as it sounds, its just how it was.

I could sit here and argue, and if you guys want to its fine, but dont you have more productive things to be doing? I know I sure do.

also guys, think about it really, Do i have any reason to lie? cmon, the car is ****ing dead, sitting in some junk yard strippped of all its good parts. the engine, tranny, interior, and all the leather were transfered into Nismo280s old maxima.

also guys, there was more **** other than just the intake, all it did was secure the engines performance, **** that I was trying, playing around with and crap. blah blah blah. If you wanna just drop this ****, I'd be glad to tell you guys some of my ideas and you can try them out on your Maxima's and see if they have any improvement.
all this did, didnt, did, didnt, blah blah blah is stupid. who wants to play? i mean hell, ive got a ****ing VE sitting in a garage, with an unlimited ammount of tools, and a teacher that used to build some of the fastest, most powerful engines ever found in american muscle, im sure he wouldnt mind helping me out with some pointers on free ponies.

just an idea... you know... cause were all enthuiasts...
happy new year
MrGone
Old 12-31-2002, 09:54 PM
NWP Engineering.com

blah blah blah.

actually, you might wanna play with the OD on/off switch. leaving it off will make the transmission think it is a 3 speed vs a 4 speed and it rearranges the shift points. leaving it on comfort would make it shift faster than in power. wierd as it sounds, its just how it was.

also guys, there was more **** other than just the intake, all it did was secure the engines performance, **** that I was trying, playing around with and crap. blah blah blah. MrGone
First off, it's a FACT the the OD switch (on or off) does not change shift points at WOT. The reason you think the tranny shifts faster in "C" is b/c it shifts sooner.

Seriously, I'm sorry for calling you out like that. But a VE Auto with JUST intake is not going to make it in the 14's. It might be possible to make it in the 15's with that setup.

You say you have more stuff done to your car other than intake. Man, why didn't you mention this sooner? Please let us know what you did. Thanks.

Oh yeah, I noticed you asked me about my launch. I did a FULL torque brake. At my particular track, it's so sticky, that a full torque brake was best. At other tracks I've run at, I had to back off some... just to get the revs off idle.
Old 12-31-2002, 10:19 PM

I'm really surprised in what I'm reading here...

All I'm going to say is there is no reason for anyone to ever question how Aaron launches the car because it's a perfect launch every time. I've been beside him on the track and he gets off the line better than us 5 speed guys.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:01 AM

i wish our track was that sticky.

I had been messing around with resistors and the ECU/ transmission control module. I would try to limit/increase different voltages on certian parts like the TPS, intake temp sensor, air flow meter, the O2 sensors, cam postion sensor, and I had semi successful rewire to override the transmission switch, so I could lock it into comfort or power with out it trying to automatically switching on me.

I also tried to wire capacitors into the coil lines to try and keep a constant and possiably increase powerflow into each coil pack.

the parts that took alot of work were the rewires for the CPS (I was trying to get a variable/user adjust timing, that you could regulate from inside the car using a rheostat.
I was also trying to find ideal and more efficient way to get the motor running.

Ill try to find my old wiring diagrams and trial and error charts I made. They were just charts to help me keep track of what resistors/parts I would change and if there was any effect.

MrGone
Old 01-01-2003, 12:07 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Ill try to find my old wiring diagrams and trial and error charts I made. They were just charts to help me keep track of what resistors/parts I would change and if there was any effect.

MrGone
Please don't just try... please find the timeslip. I am more interested in the timeslip. And can you please explain how you think those sensors gave you another 40fwhp?

Also, do we even have an intake temp sensor?
Old 01-01-2003, 12:22 AM

well the 5th gen does.
maybe ive been having too much fun with the OBD-II reader.
MrGone
Old 01-01-2003, 12:36 AM

I'd have to call BS too. For a VE auto to pull those kind of trapspeeds it would need at around 180whp and 100lb weight reduction. You said the car only had an intake and straight exahust, I'm going to assume you had just a testpipe + full catback and not a y pipe. Even then you might be doing 158-164whp, that is not enough to pull 93mph+ traps. That is enough to get maybe 90-91mph trapspeeds. That timeslip would be valid if the car was a 5spd VE with the mods you claim + alittle weight reduction.
Old 01-01-2003, 12:40 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

and after wiritng all that, its still BS!
Old 01-01-2003, 10:06 AM

Originally posted by pezking4
I'm really surprised in what I'm reading here...

All I'm going to say is there is no reason for anyone to ever question how Aaron launches the car because it's a perfect launch every time. I've been beside him on the track and he gets off the line better than us 5 speed guys.
Shawn, sorry to say this but I agree with les. Aaron has done a lot to his car for him to get down to the 14's and for you to say you ran a faster time with your 93 almost being stock, that doesn't sound right. Now go ahead and say I might not know much since I don't drive one but trust me bud, i think you're full of sh*t. I've seen Aaron run and needless to say, he's got his racing skills down to a pat. I was proud to hear he got in the 14's and what you said just doesn't sound right on page 5.
Old 01-01-2003, 10:47 AM

Hey man I think your a cool guy and all but this is straight BS....I'll have to try to figure it out but with those 60ft times you have to have an IMPOSSIBLE ammount of high end. Yeah I know VE's are a little low on torque but still...thats more consistant with mid to upper 15's....and I HAVE been beside Aaron on the track...and for all the work he has put into his car hes got a fast one...if your car was running those times with an intake then it should have been running low 15's stock..those are alot like 4th gen 5 speed times with good drivers....its just not possible, end of story.
Old 01-01-2003, 01:30 PM

ooga booga
it doesnt matter guys, im not taking any of this personal, you max-world guys know I've moved on and dont need to prove anything.
its still nice to see the you guys giving me support, which ever side it is on.

les, just let me know if you need any help with stuff wierd electronic **** in your engine bay, you too brandon, the VQ isnt that far off design wise, and luckily, ive got one to play on, even if it does come with higher factory numbers.

im thinking about doing some modifications to my VE and then selling them, I know if the intake manifold is polished, Les will probably buy it.

Im gonna go try to find all my old pics. I hope I didnt loose them in a hard drive reformat

MrGone
Old 01-01-2003, 08:29 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Im gonna go try to find all my old pics. I hope I didnt loose them in a hard drive reformat

MrGone
I wish you would stop saying, I will try and find all my old pics. Find your timeslip...and post it. Find whatever else you want and then post it. If you truely did run a 14.82, then you have MUCH more up your sleeve that you're not telling us.

The only thing we know is that you have an intake and that you've "adjusted" some sensors. Give us all the info as far as HP adding modifications. Shift points and driving styles are not HP adding mods.
Old 01-01-2003, 08:37 PM
aka UNCDooD

i think maybe he ran against a 4th gen 5-speed w/ intake or something and read the wrong side of the timeslip.

MrGone, do you remember what kinda car you were lined up against when you ran this remarkable time?
Old 01-02-2003, 08:38 AM

Flamewar aside...

I would like to say Congrats to Aaron on his Time.

You are only about 3 tenths off of my best time ever! (14.6@94.6mph)

Of course when I made that run I had my VTC's disabled, and as later Dyno runs I made proved, I get 168whp with them grounded, and 180whp with them ungrounded.

I wonder if I coulda hit a 14.5 or 14.4 with that extra 12hp that I was killing off.

I will probably take the car back to the track after I get my VTCs fixed, and the bored TB and port matched/polished manifold.

Once again congrats dude.
Old 01-02-2003, 09:57 AM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Flamewar aside...

Originally posted by JonnyMax
I would like to say Congrats to Aaron on his Time.

You are only about 3 tenths off of my best time ever! (14.6@94.6mph)

Of course when I made that run I had my VTC's disabled, and as later Dyno runs I made proved, I get 168whp with them grounded, and 180whp with them ungrounded.

I wonder if I coulda hit a 14.5 or 14.4 with that extra 12hp that I was killing off.

I will probably take the car back to the track after I get my VTCs fixed, and the bored TB and port matched/polished manifold.

Once again congrats dude.
Thanks a lot man. Dude, with your VTCs ungrounded, that extra 12 hp would get you in the 14.40's. Good Luck!
Old 08-12-2003, 01:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

Shawn WHO was with you when you ran this time?
Old 08-12-2003, 04:04 PM

I was there.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:09 PM
I'm needing a caw

Originally posted by pezking4
I was there.
Old 08-12-2003, 04:14 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Old 08-12-2003, 04:49 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
...for Aaron's 14
Old 08-12-2003, 05:04 PM
I'm needing a caw

birthday?
Old 08-12-2003, 05:22 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Old 08-12-2003, 06:47 PM

wow dirksmoothe? dam; old days
Old 08-12-2003, 08:40 PM
dmontzsta

anybody remember that guy MIGHTY MAX from the 4DSC forums? dem were the olden days, man that guy was an as$!

Old 08-12-2003, 08:43 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Shawn WHO was with you when you ran this time?

Remember Tony, the guy I was telling you about, yeah. oh well, the past is the past, i guess.
Old 08-13-2003, 06:33 AM

Re: need an update

Originally posted by KJ2THEMAX
how about an update on those 14's. I'm pushing for you man...did you get there? It has in fact been a year. I have an auto too and need some inspiration!
Get a 75 shot of nitrous and you'll see those 14's immediately.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:15 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: need an update

Originally posted by jwhite

Get a 75 shot of nitrous and you'll see those 14's immediately.
I already hit 14s a long time ago. I'm shooting for 14's at 1100 feet altitude right now. I have no nitrous, just a crap load of mods and work.

This is my favorite thread. You don't see Dave B posting anymore. lol He thought it was absolutely impossible. I did 14.8 with just intake, Y, testpipe, muffler, UDP, and VB mod. No ECU, no B-pipe... I was enoying my success until MrGone came along and made this rediculous claim that he can't back up.

MrGone, I completely understand where you're coming from. I know you had a VE Auto, I know you like to think that messing with the OD and P/C switch helps your time and that b/c you had a slipping tranny, it would allow you to shift at redline. All those things are BS. But I know you made a claim and so many people called BS on you that you're too deep into this now to back out. So, I don't expect you to back out of your 'word' b/c it would be too traumatic for your rep on the internet.

Either tell us how you gained those 45 HP at the wheels (94mph trap speed) or tell us you were lying. I put WAY too much time and effort into my car to get it in the 14s and you come along and make this claim without any proof.
Old 08-13-2003, 01:18 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Re: Re: need an update

just a crap load of mods and work.
and refried beans!
Old 08-13-2003, 01:23 PM
NWP Engineering.com

Re: Re: Re: Re: need an update

and refried beans!
What does the status say underneath your name? lol jk

Shhhhh! I don't want my secret recipe to get out. I have a big name going for me at the Tupperware parties and this would ruin everything if word got out.
Old 08-13-2003, 03:09 PM

2 years ago...

yeah... I apologize for not having come on here to back my lil' infighting with DaveB up... but, alas, as some of you know... NOS (Zex 75 shot) and crappy fuel delivery on a car with 176,000 miles and a pretty crappy tranny doesn't add up... I really wanted to get that 14... and since that first post. I had gotten an Aluminized warpspeed Ypipe and a catco high flow cat and a PR CAI... then... well... the zex kit and my engine had a dispute and my main rod bearing in the bottom end lost the fight.

So... my best was a 15.6 and then... well... I gave up on the car... Now I have a S13 240SX/180SX with full exhaust and intake and it's waiting the much vaunted SR20DET.

And Dave... just for you.... it's a 5 speed.
Old 08-13-2003, 05:25 PM

Re: Re: Re: need an update

MrGone, I completely understand where you're coming from. I know you had a VE Auto, I know you like to think that messing with the OD and P/C switch helps your time and that b/c you had a slipping tranny, it would allow you to shift at redline. All those things are BS. But I know you made a claim and so many people called BS on you that you're too deep into this now to back out. So, I don't expect you to back out of your 'word' b/c it would be too traumatic for your rep on the internet.

Either tell us how you gained those 45 HP at the wheels (94mph trap speed) or tell us you were lying. I put WAY too much time and effort into my car to get it in the 14s and you come along and make this claim without any proof.
Aaron, I dont even know anymore. I wish I could tell you or show you, but I cant, I crashed the car over a year ago, the only thing I have left that goes with that car is some interior dash pieces and some of the parts that are on a Friends VG (gauges, etc).

What do you want me to say to you? I can say I was lying, even though thats not what the slip track said, but it could have been wrong, I have no clue how, but who knows. I your absolutely right though, you are the fastest NA VE Auto, I can appreciate the work you've done to your car and I understand where your coming from. All I can say is the car is long gone, sitting in some scrap yard, the engine is in another 92 SE Auto, Champange color, along with the interior.

Quick Reply: 15.85 @ 87.83mph