3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

HaTe my locks!! Need part quotes too.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2006, 12:32 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

HaTe my locks!! Need part quotes too.

GOdamnz. My locks are messed up. Driver and passenger act up, and the interior locks stick in the front. Rears are fine..

SO! Whats usually done? replacement? Or do you get in there and adjust them? Ive popped off my door panels before to swap window regulators.. door lights and speaks and stuff. But never noticed anything out of place on the rods that pop up and down the lock-**** thing.

Can you buy new key locks for the doors from Nissan per the VIN?
Is it the actuator in the door that pops the sucker open/closed?
Do I need to get my grease gun out?

Also... If Brian is chillin on my thread once more, Can you quote me on a full set of braided SS brake lines? nothing fancy =)

Thanks!
Old 09-26-2006, 12:52 PM
"and falling like a rock"

Originally Posted by TimberJon
GOdamnz. My locks are messed up. Driver and passenger act up, and the interior locks stick in the front. Rears are fine..
+1 my passenger side is messed up. Really hard to lock it manually, and when you press the button sometimes it goes down, only to half pop up again. very annoying.
Old 09-26-2006, 01:09 PM
mod or sell?

SO! Whats usually done? replacement? Or do you get in there and adjust them? Ive popped off my door panels before to swap window regulators.. door lights and speaks and stuff. But never noticed anything out of place on the rods that pop up and down the lock-**** thing.

Can you buy new key locks for the doors from Nissan per the VIN?
Is it the actuator in the door that pops the sucker open/closed?
Do I need to get my grease gun out?

Also... If Brian is chillin on my thread once more, Can you quote me on a full set of braided SS brake lines? nothing fancy =)

Thanks!
unfortunately the key can only be cut by code, not by VIN. 94 may be able to be cut by VIN though.
if your key is still available you can pull the lock cylinder and have a locksmith cut a key to match it.

brake line answer: http://www.internetautosupply.com/ca..._50_51_52_1346
Old 09-26-2006, 01:12 PM

Oh I didnt even have time to explain.. I had to go for a sec. On my old GXE I would open the locks and it would work. but I would lock my locks from the outside and it would lock and unlock. Check the ignition.. no chime, everythings fine.. wouldnt lock. After about 2-4 tries it would lock and stay. Sometimes manually when I hit the driver lock to lock 'em all it would pop back up as well. Again, a few more tries would do the trick..

Now in my new SE, I lock it and it locks fine. But when Im trying to open the car and open all the locks, we're now talking about 8+ tries.

Also.. dunno if its related.. but I had the car locked and the trunk open, about 5 minutes later (I was loading it) the alarm went off. strange? I had never experienced that before.

So anyone replaced their locks or lock actuators? Prices? And braided brake lines? prices?
Old 09-26-2006, 01:27 PM
mod or sell?

So anyone replaced their locks or lock actuators? Prices? And braided brake lines? prices?
click that link above, it has the pricing in it

not sure what to do about the locks
Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 PM

Yea cmon man.. im not that ignorant =). I know the keys are laser-cut.

Its the actual door-locks that might need replacing.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:35 PM
mod or sell?

laser cut? :ROFL:
Old 09-26-2006, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by internetautomar
laser cut? :ROFL:
Have to get them shipped directly to the dealer from Hämbürg...
Old 09-26-2006, 05:57 PM

pull out the power door lock timer and resolder the joints see if that fixes any problems. just yesterday i fixed a couple bugs with my door locks by doing it. unfortunately unlocking with the key still won't unlock any other doors but that's the only problem left. i was going to swap door lock timers with my vg but i have no clue where it is in the vg. the 91 fsm i have doesn't show a door lock timer. anyway the timer i located under your steering wheel to the right. there's 2 boxes mounted together, it's the black one with the relay attached.