3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

r33 taillights

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2007, 04:30 PM

Originally Posted by Michael
no I am more like the PMR of the org

i think you had some nice shaved moldings you could show off though....
Old 02-26-2007, 08:35 PM

I would turn them down if they came to my door. There is no way I would ride around in some of the stuff I have seen from them. Well if it were a car I was going to sell anyway I would do it just so I could get a little more for it since it was on pimp my ride.

Now if Chip Foose came calling I would turn over any vehicle I had to let him work his magic...especially my Chevelle.
wow wut a coincidence. i own a chevelle also
Old 03-01-2007, 10:20 PM

I try to take criticism with a grain of salt. I like to think that respect has to be given before I can even hope to get it. Besides if I can't handle a little criticism than I shouldn't be doing this anyway. It kinda goes with modifying a car.

I wish I had thought about taking a camera to shop with me, it is too late now the lights are done and now he is working on the trunk, it will definitely be done next week. We left the key lock in the trunk lid because the cable broke while he was in the trunk measuring the seal. It did have to get relocated 2" in.

As for the Foose, PMR things. I wouldn't let PMR in my yard much less near my car. I am sure they are very capable but too extreme. I am undecided on Chip Foose. On the one hand I respect him and love his designs (plus his name adds about $50K to the value of the car) but I want my car to be my ideas not someone elses interpretation of my ideas.

I heard that Chip Foose just signed a contract with Ford to do the "Foose Edition" F-150 and Mustang. I guess he can't be associated with any other project. I hope that doesn't include Overhaulin'
Old 03-04-2007, 09:59 PM

Old 03-04-2007, 10:03 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

I just threw up in my mouth a little..
Old 03-05-2007, 04:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Aye Carumba!
Old 03-05-2007, 05:09 AM
I can has?

Originally Posted by Hectic

Oh god... It's probably the ugliest Integra I've EVER seen...

then I noticed I had the same spoiler
Old 03-05-2007, 08:23 AM
heresmymind

all that amazing custom body work! and they elft the gas cap on the side.. pshhh shame you on. not to mention unless its a Lancer Evo or a 350Z any car in yellow looks like ****

Old 03-05-2007, 08:58 AM
mod or sell?

Originally Posted by 94maxshima
Oh god... It's probably the ugliest Integra I've EVER seen...

then I noticed I had the same spoiler
Actually I think it's a civic...
Old 03-05-2007, 09:24 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Originally Posted by heresmymind
all that amazing custom body work! and they elft the gas cap on the side.. pshhh shame you on. not to mention unless its a Lancer Evo or a 350Z any car in yellow looks like ****

bah to each his own but there are MANY other cars that look good in yellow. Corvettes come to mind as well as several classics such as Camaros etc.
Old 03-05-2007, 11:44 AM

That car actually would be pretty sweet with a different hood though IMO. Just way too much hood scoop for that particular car. Maybe sub with a carbon fiber hood, toned down alot.
Old 03-05-2007, 12:13 PM
heresmymind

Originally Posted by Dirt Rich
That car actually would be pretty sweet with a different hood though IMO.

PHLAME ON!

(p.s. after him saying thiat ^^ i now revoke the title of the 3rd generation forum's ricer. hey we all have standards...)

Old 03-05-2007, 12:29 PM

bah to each his own
Admit it, a few years ago (when he started that build) you would've been drooling over some of the things he's done to it. You guys can call me a ricer if you'd like, doesn't matter much to me what people think. I'm sure you won't even like my car when I'm done, and I'm fine with that aswell. The fact is, I do like alteezas and carbon fiber and spoilers (as long as they flow right with the lines of the car) and I'm going to build the car I like regardless of opinions either positive or negative from others. I even just recently added a spoiler and a highflow exhaust with a 4 inch outlet to my car, even meshed the grill. I even changed my guage faces and added a carbon fiber trim bezel to the cluster. If that makes me a ricer it's still all good. The point is I'm happy when I'm flying down the street in a car that reflects my own expression.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:28 PM

Originally Posted by Hectic

WOW. I don't know what else to say. On one hand I respect all of the work that went into this. It is very nicely done.

But on the other hand it is just waaayyy too much. This is an example of excess. Too bright of a color, too much body work, too big of a hood scoop, too much going on. It doesn't seem to have a flow to me. The problem with doing too much is that you get tired of it more quickly.

But it isn't my car so my opinion means doodley squat.
Old 03-05-2007, 02:55 PM

tangent numero dos
Old 03-05-2007, 03:46 PM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

Admit it, a few years ago (when he started that build) you would've been drooling over some of the things he's done to it. You guys can call me a ricer if you'd like, doesn't matter much to me what people think. I'm sure you won't even like my car when I'm done, and I'm fine with that aswell. The fact is, I do like alteezas and carbon fiber and spoilers (as long as they flow right with the lines of the car) and I'm going to build the car I like regardless of opinions either positive or negative from others. I even just recently added a spoiler and a highflow exhaust with a 4 inch outlet to my car, even meshed the grill. I even changed my guage faces and added a carbon fiber trim bezel to the cluster. If that makes me a ricer it's still all good. The point is I'm happy when I'm flying down the street in a car that reflects my own expression.

why was this in reply to me? I said to each his own and have always said that...just know people are going to criticize you and you have to expect it if you are going to go radical with things. IF you are OK with that then by all means go crazy on your car. Just dont get butt hurt when someone criticizes your car because they dont like what you have done. Everyone has their own opinion on what a car should look like.

BUT NO I would not have been drooling over any of the stuff he did. You obviously don't know me very well.
Old 03-05-2007, 04:09 PM

i'm the self proclaimed king of customs when it comes to this org and that civic is riceyer than a mother?^*)er.

lambo doe's belong on a lambo, not a civic. have i seen nice ones, yes, but still not my cup of tea.
widebody kit(not molded in yuk!) without rims with a lip, big nono
ramair hood in a 4 banger...................
doesnt even look dropped.
neon was cool in the 80's, not 2007

nice(not rice) civics.............

badapple's been dead for over 7 years but it still looks as nice today as it did 8 years ago when it was done. 8 years ago was the epitome of rice, yet that **** is classy as hell.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:14 PM

why was this in reply to me? I said to each his own and have always said that...just know people are going to criticize you and you have to expect it if you are going to go radical with things. IF you are OK with that then by all means go crazy on your car. Just dont get butt hurt when someone criticizes your car because they dont like what you have done. Everyone has their own opinion on what a car should look like.

BUT NO I would not have been drooling over any of the stuff he did. You obviously don't know me very well.
It wasn't directed at you at all. I was quoting you to the post above mine. I was agreeing with you "to each his own".
Old 03-05-2007, 06:53 PM
heresmymind

I like apples...

Old 03-06-2007, 06:16 AM
Back in a 3rd Gen.

It wasn't directed at you at all. I was quoting you to the post above mine. I was agreeing with you "to each his own".
gotcha the best was to do that would have been to quote the person you were replying to and then quote me as well after you responded to him. By quoting me it looked like you were responding to me with your post and confused me...hey I am getting old and have a newborn so I am working on little sleep what can I say .

I just think its funny is all. I have always said you should do what you like to your car no matter what people think. The thing I that aggravates me is the people ask for your opinion of their car and when you say its ugly or "rice" they get mad because you dont have the same opinion as they do. I can understand people putting a lot of time and money in a car and getting upset if people make fun of them but they have to know going in that not everyone is going to like their vision....its all part of it but if you are going to get mad at someone because they dont like your car or make fun of it then you need to leave the car stock and just drive it.
Old 03-06-2007, 11:30 AM

gotcha the best was to do that would have been to quote the person you were replying to and then quote me as well after you responded to him. By quoting me it looked like you were responding to me with your post and confused me...hey I am getting old and have a newborn so I am working on little sleep what can I say .

I just think its funny is all. I have always said you should do what you like to your car no matter what people think. The thing I that aggravates me is the people ask for your opinion of their car and when you say its ugly or "rice" they get mad because you dont have the same opinion as they do. I can understand people putting a lot of time and money in a car and getting upset if people make fun of them but they have to know going in that not everyone is going to like their vision....its all part of it but if you are going to get mad at someone because they dont like your car or make fun of it then you need to leave the car stock and just drive it.
agreed 100%, and I feel ya on the newborn thing bro. I've got a 3 yr old and a 4 mth old, both girls.