3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Aftermarket condenser

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2007, 05:50 AM

Aftermarket condenser

The one that I installed a year ago never stopped bubbling at the seals and busted one of the pipes when the system was recharged after this winter. I got it from Internetautomart, so I guess no surprise he does not sell parts anymore.

The OEM condenser is $500 CDN, like 4 times more than aftermarket. Are there some brands of aftermarket condensers that are better than the others or are they all same ****ty quality?
Old 05-01-2007, 07:55 AM
mod or sell?

if a pipe burst, that would be too high of a pressure.
I do still sell parts, 99% of condensers out there are out of china no matter who you buy from anymore. even an OE condenser is typically china these days
Old 05-01-2007, 09:08 AM
STFU n00b!

was the pipe rubbing against anything?

many times, those things get bent when you're pulling/installing a new condenser or get in a wreck (and thus to bodywork), and the metal tubes wind up rubbing against parts of the car.. with rubbing, there is wear. with wear, there is eventually rupture.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:25 PM

Of course the pressure was too high - like 3 or 4 times the normal. Why charging to the spec, when you can overcharge - it only costs me extra 40 or 50 bucks in freon to overcharge. And of course my car was in lots of accidents as of recently, with the front end bent and twisted out of shape, all pipes rubbing on one another. Some think it's strange that only condenser was busted while other parts still work fine, but it's just a miracle, we all heard of those.
Old 05-02-2007, 01:58 PM
mod or sell?

you don't know much about A/C do you?
overchargeing was never mentioned.
and you apparently haven't worked on alot of cars either.
Both Matt and I gave you POSSIBILITIES that could have caused it.
Old 05-02-2007, 02:06 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Tarzan
Of course the pressure was too high - like 3 or 4 times the normal. Why charging to the spec, when you can overcharge - it only costs me extra 40 or 50 bucks in freon to overcharge. And of course my car was in lots of accidents as of recently, with the front end bent and twisted out of shape, all pipes rubbing on one another. Some think it's strange that only condenser was busted while other parts still work fine, but it's just a miracle, we all heard of those.
Matt-n-Brian were only trying to guide you to a possible solution to your problem,they have no idea what condition your car is in,since you didn't mention it's condition at all..

Just because the condenser failed,does not mean brian or his part is at fault,it could have been installed incorrectly,or a factory defect....

Don't bite the hand that feeds you...
Old 05-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by MyGreenMax94
Don't bite the hand that feeds you...
Pfff, I sit on my hand ALL the time and it always hurts
Old 05-02-2007, 06:56 PM

Oh, yeah, the unwashed masses like me only know where we put the key and where's gas pedal. It's always consumer's fault once the money change hands. And who effin cares - it's just 100 bucks, nothing to get my pants in the knot over. Of course it bursted for a good reason - how else. And of course there was a good reason that caused the o-rings to leak from the very beginning. Fabulous product, recommend to all friends and family.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:08 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Originally Posted by Tarzan
Oh, yeah, the unwashed masses like me only know where we put the key and where's gas pedal. It's always consumer's fault once the money change hands. And who effin cares - it's just 100 bucks, nothing to get my pants in the knot over. Of course it bursted for a good reason - how else. And of course there was a good reason that caused the o-rings to leak from the very beginning. Fabulous product, recommend to all friends and family.

What is the point in starting a thread, asking advice,then jumping down everyones throat when they suggest something you dont want to hear?

Grow up son..