3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

VQ roadkill...my dad...

Search this Thread

Old 07-30-2001, 07:06 AM

so i was watching some kids i work with do some stupid sh*t with their cars after work on saturday night. so i figure it had been about a half hour since we'd gotten out of work. well, as i later found out, it was an hour and 15 minutes... a few minutes later i see a car that looks just like my dads roll into the parking lot and drive around the front. he goes past us to exit and doesnt see me (about 100 feet away), it is in fact my dad. so i hop in the max and chase after him. i finally catch him in front of a local beach where the road is 2 lanes, i get up next to him, i'm doin 35 in 4th and he punches it, i hear the mighty VQ start to sing, drop it into 3rd, but it wasnt enough. so i catch him again (he slowed down to 30 again, the limit is 25). get next to him, rolling at 30 in 3rd then he holds out his hand for a count..i drop it into 2nd and speed up with him, we're going about 40 when he starts the count. he gets to 1, he punches it, gains about 1/4 of a car on me, by the top of 2nd he was barely at my back door. what a good race. i've raced my dad before, from a stop. i bogged so bad it was on the verge of a stall, by the time i got into 2nd, he was 3 or 4 lengthes ahead. never really had a good race in the max. it was either i get blown out of the water, or i win by alot, nothing ever fun.

oh yeah, my dad was in the parking lot because i was an hour late getting home from work and my mom made him come find me..lol, paranoid people, i tell ya.
Old 07-30-2001, 07:52 AM

dang man, that's crazy!!!! racing your dad!!!! ha ha, that would be so much fun!!!
Old 07-30-2001, 09:07 AM

Originally posted by matt92gxe
dang man, that's crazy!!!! racing your dad!!!! ha ha, that would be so much fun!!!
its pretty funny because he used to talk sh*t to me(all joking of course). lol, my dad is just a big teenager.
Old 07-31-2001, 01:44 AM

racing your dad is fun. i raced my dad in his 1999 tahoe and i only beat him by 1 car, those things are pretty fast and have the best a/c!