3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

sprint spring install (long)

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2001, 11:34 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Nice maxs on your site.

my site?
Old 08-06-2001, 02:00 AM

Re: Re: To tell you the truth.....

Originally posted by Chris91SE

couldn't have said it better. Ngthing takes things well all the time. Even when he had problems with the CAI install he took everything with a grain of salt. No one was downing him whatsoever. All that posted were posting potential problems or just to try and rectify the situation...
I didn't take any offense....seesh. Don't get all worked up.

Chris: I didn't think anybody remembered my CAI instance
Old 08-06-2001, 02:03 AM

Originally posted by Dirksmoothe
ummm.... right, anyways, Ngthing, i saw your ride today, I enjoyed driving it, yes mine would beat the c r a p out of yours at the track, but at least yours is loud! hahaha.. jk. good to meet you and check out the board on my teams site if you are at all interested in becoming a member. (that's not a guarentee)

www.nwnismosyndicate.com

Peace out and have a good night everyone...

Get a beer and relax
I saw yours too, I think mine will look better with new shocks and the rear lowered. Yours may beat me now...but just you wait...unless you buy my N20 and CAI
Old 08-06-2001, 02:17 AM

I don't remember who asked, but I measured the front lip clearnce today, it's 4" I believe.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:24 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Re: Re: Re: To tell you the truth.....

Originally posted by ngthing

I didn't take any offense....seesh. Don't get all worked up.

Chris: I didn't think anybody remembered my CAI instance
maybe i shouldn't have mentioned it then
Old 08-06-2001, 06:33 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

I'm cool in here..i've been cool in here. sometimes we can all learn from each other. don't think we all run to a shop when things break...don't think we don't know as much as u if not more. i don't come off as being a know it all..and neither should anyone else. check your ego at the door and we'll get along just great.
just want people to be safe working on their cars...no injuries and no deaths in the max.org family is good with me.

Originally posted by MaximaSE91
well for one thing sorry fo all the confusion shooting springs isnt fun nor is it safe i had a spring compressor bind up on me and i was working on my 91 max I had a 90 Max and I wasnt gonna stop a stupid spring compressor stop me from getting it done. so there ya have it(Do not for any reason disassmeble a strut assy for anyreason without the spring compressors the rears are safe to do so but do not disassemble the fronts they come off like a loaded gun and yeah the first time i everlowered a maxima back in the early days i unbolted the strut cap and it flew off scaring the *hit out of me I've done it a couple times since but in a safe area. so im sorry for all the b/s back and forth I want all of us to get along in here. as we all should we all are maxima owners and afterall thats what brings us in here/but there is a guy with a civic in here posting makes me wonder????. hes posting about his carbon fiber hood on his civic but I guess its all cool.
anyways take it easy. oh and danNY its all over with so can we just be cool in here now?.
Old 08-06-2001, 06:44 AM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

::cough:: ::cough:: timing chain..::cough::

I thought I was the master?? <Jeff hides now>

Just for the record, Dan knows alot but as alot of us OG posters are now, we get jaded pretty fast.

I do wonder who knows the most about the 3-gen. I know alot about the Ve(taken egine/tranny out, VTC repair after the Nissan "tech" fubar'd it up), head gasket, exhuast studs, injector balance/cleaning, lightend flywheel etc..) but Dan know alot about the VG and has done VQ SC install before(which is damn hard I hear)

If you indeed do know alot about mechanics, welcome. But if you don't, please don't try to fake it here. There are too many of us that can smell bs from a mile away.

Question: if you have 3 or 6 years of Nissan tech and are ASE certifed, why do you now work at TireRack?

I'm from Seattle, so maybe you can come up to one of our NW meets sometime.

Also I did the spring bling before also. I did it once and vowed not to do it ever again. Lucky those 510 springs are not that long. hehe Hell I was about 16 at the time.

Nice maxs on your site.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:31 PM

I thought I was the master?? <Jeff hides now>

Just for the record, Dan knows alot but as alot of us OG posters are now, we get jaded pretty fast.

I do wonder who knows the most about the 3-gen. I know alot about the Ve(taken egine/tranny out, VTC repair after the Nissan "tech" fubar'd it up), head gasket, exhuast studs, injector balance/cleaning, lightend flywheel etc..) but Dan know alot about the VG and has done VQ SC install before(which is damn hard I hear).
I know nothing about the VG motors. I installed clear corners one time... Man, that was the hardest install I've ever done in my life. Took long hours of man-labor. But when it comes to Turbos.. hehehe.. that's where my knowledge comes into play.
Old 08-06-2001, 05:44 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Originally posted by SkyMax

I know nothing about the VG motors. I installed clear corners one time... Man, that was the hardest install I've ever done in my life. Took long hours of man-labor. But when it comes to Turbos.. hehehe.. that's where my knowledge comes into play.

what's a turbo?

hey we have to talk about that sometime
Old 08-06-2001, 07:07 PM

what's a turbo?

hey we have to talk about that sometime
LOL... thinkin of boosting the automagic? I'll teach ya a few things about boost.
Old 08-06-2001, 08:50 PM
MaximaSE91

how does a automatic trans hold up with a turbo???
I'm sure it will just burn up and that will be it. I have a auto gonna some time get around to droppin a turbo in the 91 and converting it to a 5 spd. the trans conversion is cake since I have all parts from my 90 , the hardest part doing the transconversion probably be installing the clutch master cylinder. anyways was just curious if anyone ran boost on a automatic.
take itr easy

Old 08-06-2001, 10:05 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

LOL... thinkin of boosting the automagic? I'll teach ya a few things about boost.
hmmm who said anything about an auto? 10 monts till i graduate put it that way mwahahaha
Old 08-07-2001, 05:07 PM

hmmm who said anything about an auto? 10 monts till i graduate put it that way mwahahaha
Are we still talking about boosting a max? Don't tell me a Supra TT is looking your way?
Old 08-07-2001, 09:34 PM
MaximaSE91

yes how does the tranny on a turbo charged maxima hold up

Old 08-07-2001, 09:47 PM
STFU n00b!

I would NOT boostan auto Maxima unless it's got a full-blown level 10 tranny, or equivalent. stock auto tranny will last about 10 minutes under that much power.

As for the 5 spds, they're not too bad. keep fluid in them and a good clutchin front of them, and you're pretty much okay.
Old 08-08-2001, 04:42 AM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

Are we still talking about boosting a max? Don't tell me a Supra TT is looking your way?

well if i don't find a TT in that time span then it might just be the max (or a different max) we'll talk
Old 08-08-2001, 06:33 PM

Originally posted by Matt93SE
I would NOT boostan auto Maxima unless it's got a full-blown level 10 tranny, or equivalent. stock auto tranny will last about 10 minutes under that much power.

As for the 5 spds, they're not too bad. keep fluid in them and a good clutchin front of them, and you're pretty much okay.
For an auto, upgrade the torque convertor, valve body, rebuild the rest of the tranny with stronger parts.

For a 5-spd, an ACT puck-6 will fix that
Old 08-09-2001, 04:55 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
I don't remember who asked, but I measured the front lip clearnce today, it's 4" I believe.
thanks NG.... i asked because this is an all-season car, and i live in upstate new york, so snow could be a problem... still considering it though