3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Window !!

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2001, 08:18 PM

On my way home from work I was putting my window up when it sounded like it just fell. Now it will go down but it wont go up. I have to push it up by hand. Any suggestions ???
Old 08-02-2001, 08:22 PM
Pusssseeeehhhh

time to get yourself a new window regulator
Old 08-02-2001, 08:23 PM
Ford Only.

Window Regulator!Get ahold of Craig B for his directions or another site.I think you can get em for about $60 now.
Old 08-02-2001, 10:54 PM
STFU n00b!

read the Max FAQs links above. there's tons of info in there.
Old 08-03-2001, 05:07 AM

Originally posted by Maxirasta
On my way home from work I was putting my window up when it sounded like it just fell. Now it will go down but it wont go up. I have to push it up by hand. Any suggestions ???
Full Moon! That just happened to me this morning too!! Front Passenger side window regulator just snapped on me. Its stuck 2 inches down.
Old 08-03-2001, 10:42 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

99% chance its your window regulator like everyone else has said

you can replace it yourself if you're just a little bit mechanically inclined

instructions are on my site (clikc link in my sig)
Old 08-03-2001, 12:55 PM

Hey Craig,
I took my door apart today to see what happened and it seem like the the white plastic holder on the window holder broke in to a few pieces. The Regulator cable is intact. But the plastic piece broke, so the little metal guide that is on the cable pushes the window down, but not up. Do I still need a whole new regulator? Or is it possible to be fixed?
Thanks,
|C
Old 08-03-2001, 09:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI
Hey Craig,
I took my door apart today to see what happened and it seem like the the white plastic holder on the window holder broke in to a few pieces. The Regulator cable is intact. But the plastic piece broke, so the little metal guide that is on the cable pushes the window down, but not up. Do I still need a whole new regulator? Or is it possible to be fixed?
Thanks,
|C
I think this is what causes the regulator problem. Then after trying to make it go up a few times, the cable will get wrapped around everything and in a big mess. I guess you could try to glue everything back together, but I do'nt know how long that would last. Personally, I'd just buy a new regulator, but you could give that other way a shot
Old 08-04-2001, 07:22 PM

Originally posted by «§»Craig B«§»

I think this is what causes the regulator problem. Then after trying to make it go up a few times, the cable will get wrapped around everything and in a big mess. I guess you could try to glue everything back together, but I do'nt know how long that would last. Personally, I'd just buy a new regulator, but you could give that other way a shot
Nope, no mess with the cable. It rotates perfectly fine and is on track. I guess it wouldnt be possible to just replace the part that is connected to the window, huh? I'm probably gonna have to give courtesy a call..
Old 08-05-2001, 06:21 AM

Different but window related problem

My '90 GXE has a different window problem.

There seems to be some kind of button problem with the drivers side switch. The window will not stay rolled down!

I can hear the switch clicking. If I use the auto-down button, the windows goes down but then goes right back up. The only way I can stop it from going back up is to hold the drivers side button in the down position. This no longer makes the window go down, it just stops it from going up!

AIIIEEE.

Also, this short or whatever seems to be killing my battery. Anybody have any experience with this problem and some idea of the cost to fix it? I'm afraid Nissan is going to want to replace some huge piece that's gonna cost me an arm and a leg.