3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

who knows what run rite is

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2001, 01:16 AM

i went to this 10 minute valvoline oil change place cuz i could get an oil change and tranny empty and refill deal for $30 ...its just too hot to do it outside these days so 30 is good to pay in my book [ btw that 30 is an off the book deal ] they dont put it in the work computer ,just some workers making money on the side ...so the guy tells me for $45 he could totally clean out my intake manifold with this stuff called run rite ...it hooks up directly to manifold and cleans out carbon deposits and dirt....n e way is $45 high , i would think so how bout you ...or is it really worth it to get done...i cleaned the tb it would be nice to have a clean manifold
Old 08-10-2001, 08:21 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

Not Worth It

i used to work at a texaco expresslube. we offered the run rite products. i have performed the run rite system many of times and have never noticed a difference in the engines performance. half the time, the cars seem to run rougher after the run rite system was used.

i would seek a mechanics advice on an alternative method.
Old 08-10-2001, 08:40 AM

thanx for input....just wanted to know if it was worth getting or not...guess not,ill leave my manifold as is,its fine
Old 08-10-2001, 09:20 AM
MaximaSE91

the nissan dealer will use MOC products it is a two part induction/ injection service 1st part is the intake cleaner where a hose is hooked up and fed into a vacuum line at the throttle body this actually works, the second part is to run the car on a special injector cleaner instead of gas by unplugging the fuse to the fuel pump and hooking up tothe fuel rail and pinching off the return line crating max fuel pressure. see you get your pressure from the shops air supply runs the car at 50psi, this works very well with injector and has smoothed out oh hundreds of cars I have used it on. sometimes saving injectors usually on quest mini vans, but our beloved 3rd gen maximas just make so dang much heat under the hood that it causes pre mature injector failure. anyways the nissan dealer I worked for was one of the largest in oregon. and they charged 129.95 for the service yes its a profit monster. the stuff cost 30.00 to the shop and its cool cause I have a couple extra kits I still use it about twice a year works great but dosent compare to actually removing intake assy and cleaning it with throttle body cleaner(now there is where you will definently notice huge gains I promise this one your throttle response will soar!. Good Luck!

Old 08-10-2001, 12:25 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally posted by MaximaSE91
the nissan dealer will use MOC products it is a two part induction/ injection service 1st part is the intake cleaner where a hose is hooked up and fed into a vacuum line at the throttle body this actually works, the second part is to run the car on a special injector cleaner instead of gas by unplugging the fuse to the fuel pump and hooking up tothe fuel rail and pinching off the return line crating max fuel pressure. see you get your pressure from the shops air supply runs the car at 50psi, this works very well with injector and has smoothed out oh hundreds of cars I have used it on. sometimes saving injectors usually on quest mini vans, but our beloved 3rd gen maximas just make so dang much heat under the hood that it causes pre mature injector failure. anyways the nissan dealer I worked for was one of the largest in oregon. and they charged 129.95 for the service yes its a profit monster. the stuff cost 30.00 to the shop and its cool cause I have a couple extra kits I still use it about twice a year works great but dosent compare to actually removing intake assy and cleaning it with throttle body cleaner(now there is where you will definently notice huge gains I promise this one your throttle response will soar!. Good Luck!
is that stuff anything like the stuff 3M sells for cleaning the fuel injection? the 3M runs off a can that's under pressure. undo the hose and run that stuff straight into the fuel rail.
anyway...know where i can get that kit?
Old 08-10-2001, 04:33 PM

Any of you guys heard of a product called SEAFOAM

I've searched the web, people use it, but I cant find where its sold. It cleans the carbon deposits deep inside the intake manifold, I know it doesnt have to be done, but I have heard testimonials where it affects throtle response.
Old 08-11-2001, 02:57 AM

cleaning

heh, my method of cleaning the intake manifold is running down to a local auto parts store and buying new gaskets, to replace the old ones, that im gonna rip out , when i take the whole intake manifold assembly apart, and clean each part by hand with degreaser, then sanding out the rought spots out with sand paper. hehe
Old 08-11-2001, 10:15 PM
MaximaSE91

thats the same method i use!
works the best too
but takes some time but its worth it