3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Trouble With Bose Speaker

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2001, 05:56 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 94' GXE MAXIMA AND LOVE IT, BUT I NOTICED THE FRONT DRIVER'S SIDE SPEAKER IS NOT WORKING. I NOTICED IN READING THE FORUM, THAT THE AMPS ON THE BOSE SPEAKERS ARE BAD ABOUT GOING OUT. IF THIS IS THE CASE, HOW WOULD I KNOW AND IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN REBUILD THEM? OR IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT HAS A USED SPEAKER REASONABLY PRICED?
Old 09-02-2001, 06:18 AM

Originally posted by truemax
I RECENTLY PURCHASED A 94' GXE MAXIMA AND LOVE IT, BUT I NOTICED THE FRONT DRIVER'S SIDE SPEAKER IS NOT WORKING. I NOTICED IN READING THE FORUM, THAT THE AMPS ON THE BOSE SPEAKERS ARE BAD ABOUT GOING OUT. IF THIS IS THE CASE, HOW WOULD I KNOW AND IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT CAN REBUILD THEM? OR IS THERE ANYBODY OUT THERE THAT HAS A USED SPEAKER REASONABLY PRICED?
i have my bose speakers, but the amps/pods are about toasted. the back amps are completely dead and i had to figure out how to bypass them (came up with a good process too!), the front amps are still good, only have a problem when a cell phone rings in the car, it interferes with the right side, but the pods are dremel-ed to take a 5.25" speaker instead of the 4". make me an offer on whatever you need. oh yeah, the speakers are in good condition, they sound fine, i just took them out and put them in a box, they're just sitting in my room.
let me know if you want anything.
Old 09-02-2001, 12:15 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

i have my bose speakers, but the amps/pods are about toasted. the back amps are completely dead and i had to figure out how to bypass them (came up with a good process too!), the front amps are still good, only have a problem when a cell phone rings in the car, it interferes with the right side, but the pods are dremel-ed to take a 5.25" speaker instead of the 4". make me an offer on whatever you need. oh yeah, the speakers are in good condition, they sound fine, i just took them out and put them in a box, they're just sitting in my room.
let me know if you want anything.
THANKS MADMAX FOR THE REPLY AND I'LL KEEP THIS IN MIND. I KINDA WANTED TO SEE IF THIS SPEAKER AMP IS REPAIRABLE. I HEARD IT MIGHT BE CHEAPER. MIGHT BE TALKING TO YOU AGAIN.