3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd Gen Turbo?

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2001, 01:01 AM

Silly Rabits, Tricks are for kids!

Old 09-21-2001, 01:13 AM

Originally posted by Czar
Or you can go turbo... hahaha
Old 09-21-2001, 05:01 AM

I'm installing a Jet turbine in my car and will dust everyone. Turbo/Supercharger (or should I say Supracharger) NOS, BRING IT ON..

Old 09-21-2001, 07:06 AM

u may have raw horespower, but...but...ive got ace loads of mental horespower, i do 14 1/4 miles in my mind......*goes add*
Old 09-21-2001, 08:25 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

seriously guys, you're beginning to scare me....
Old 09-21-2001, 02:24 PM

Its impossible to t/c a maxima, thats a fake one, and the people who tell you that it can be done are blowing smoke up your donkey.
To put it elequently.

SuDZ
Old 09-21-2001, 02:43 PM

i called the capa.com.au place up and they said they make a supercharger for a vg33 and a vg30. i told them i got a maxima so they said i have a ve30 so does that mean the vg30 supercharger kit wont fit on my maxima? i was going to order it next weekend but now i dont no if i can do that if the supercharger wont fit on my maxima.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:47 PM
I'm needing a caw

Just order it and figure it out later. It takes time for it to get here.

Originally posted by MaxTypeR
i called the capa.com.au place up and they said they make a supercharger for a vg33 and a vg30. i told them i got a maxima so they said i have a ve30 so does that mean the vg30 supercharger kit wont fit on my maxima? i was going to order it next weekend but now i dont no if i can do that if the supercharger wont fit on my maxima.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:49 PM
Evil Administrator - "The Problem"

all maximas have ve30s.....that's good to know....

now i need to figure out why mine is slow and DOESN'T tick.....
Old 09-21-2001, 02:51 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
Just order it and figure it out later. It takes time for it to get here.

what if it doesnt fit my maxima if i order it? then i just wasted $2800 for nothing.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:54 PM

go ahead and order it....it's all in the details....i'm sure it will all work out fine.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:56 PM
I'm needing a caw

You are a very talented person becuase you have already adapted many skyline and type R parts to your maxima. This should be a cakewalk to you.

what if it doesnt fit my maxima if i order it? then i just wasted $2800 for nothing.
Old 09-21-2001, 02:57 PM

Originally posted by bill99gxe
go ahead and order it....it's all in the details....i'm sure it will all work out fine.
u said that all maximas have ve30 so that means that the vg33 or the vg30 supercharger kit wont fit on my maxima or are those engines similar to the ve30 engine. will i have to modify the vg30 supercharger to fit the maxima?
Old 09-21-2001, 03:00 PM

Originally posted by Jeff92se
You are a very talented person becuase you have already adapted many skyline and type R parts to your maxima. This should be a cakewalk to you.

no. i didnt install the parts on my maxima. the owner that i bought the maxima installed everything. he just told me where the parts came from and what kind they are.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:08 PM

will i have to modify the vg30 supercharger to fit the maxima?
no.....it's the same engine bay....no big deal......no one else has tried because of the international shipping...to afraid i guess....

i would like to see your success....
Old 09-21-2001, 03:08 PM

no. i didnt install the parts on my maxima. the owner that i bought the maxima installed everything. he just told me where the parts came from and what kind they are.
You got taken bud. Sorry to tell ya, but not one of the "mods" in your signature exist.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:15 PM

Originally posted by Cincy94Max

You got taken bud. Sorry to tell ya, but not one of the "mods" in your signature exist.
can u tell me what mods i have on my maxima? i uploaded a picture.
Old 09-21-2001, 03:55 PM
Eagles Fan 4 Lyfe

nothing from a cefiro or a skyline..this my friend is a cefiro mod...

Old 09-21-2001, 09:31 PM
lp
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by MadMaxBrent

Here tis: http://www.capa.com.au/
++61 885 823 499 (Ph)
++61 885 823 477 (Fax)

Brent
Living not more than an hour from Capa, unless things have changed real fast I'm 99.9% positive no such blower kit exists.
Old 09-21-2001, 10:14 PM

That looks to me as if you have a VG not a VE if Im not mistaken
Old 09-21-2001, 10:44 PM

Is there really a uper charger kit for the VG

I went to their site and I dont see that the supercharger fits the vg maxima it only talkes about some kind of 4wd truck
Old 09-21-2001, 11:15 PM

dude, what year max do you have? if you do have a VE, and you can somehow figure out a way to get a SC on it, you still have to lower the compression before you can run alot of boost. i was told we can run 6lbs before we have to change the compression. THAT SUX! anyway, where'd you get the body kit? i'm jsut wonderin.
Old 09-22-2001, 12:46 AM

Originally posted by flyry110
dude, what year max do you have? if you do have a VE, and you can somehow figure out a way to get a SC on it, you still have to lower the compression before you can run alot of boost. i was told we can run 6lbs before we have to change the compression. THAT SUX! anyway, where'd you get the body kit? i'm jsut wonderin.
That looks like a VG grill
Old 09-22-2001, 08:13 AM

I have a 1990 gxe with VG30 motor. So where on their site does it say that the supercharger will fit on my VG ?
Old 09-22-2001, 08:32 AM

Ask Phil how much boost he's running and all those other people with smaller pulley's on their s/ced VQ's, then ask what their compression is on their engines. You might be surprised at the answers..
Old 09-22-2001, 11:18 AM

Latest edition of Super Street Page 242.

Tell me why someone who lives in CA would driveto WA to buy this car and not know anything about it?!?

Let the flames begin
Old 09-22-2001, 01:35 PM

i 2nd this flame.......flame on
Old 09-22-2001, 05:44 PM

Its not $2800 for nothing. You will just have to spend another $2k-5k to get it *fitted* to your car. If you really want a supercharger order one from nissan that fits the VG33E. Hell you could by a used mustang paxton/vortech kit and just pay a shop $4k to have it fabricated.

Old 09-23-2001, 09:34 AM

Originally posted by DaBoxGTI
Let the flames begin
I live in Seattle, and I haven't seen this Maxima yet, but it sounds like our troll wasn't too creative and just scanned that picture and submitted it as his own car. Too bad he didn't read the caption to learn that it has an Erubini kit, Konig wheels, DTM style muffler, strobes, LED's and an Advance racing sticker. Go away troll, you've been shown to be a moron.

P.S. take my name out of your sig NOW. You are no enthusiast, and you don't even deserve to have a Maxima. If you had one you should sell it, and buy yourself a honda so you can get the mufflers that go phphphph <----fart sound.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:58 AM

WOOOOHAAAA!!!!

GO SAM!!!!!
Old 09-23-2001, 01:09 PM

Originally posted by Drstove

I have a 1990 gxe with VG30 motor. So where on their site does it say that the supercharger will fit on my VG ?
It doesn't. It is a generic kit for the VG motor that is used in Pathfinders / Terranos etc. Like I said in my first post it is still expensive. For me $7K + fitting! That is a big risk to take if it don't work!

Brent.
Old 09-23-2001, 01:10 PM

Originally posted by lp

Living not more than an hour from Capa, unless things have changed real fast I'm 99.9% positive no such blower kit exists.
It is an Australian company, not US.

Brent.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:43 PM

Originally posted by Drstove

its not listed in their website. u have to call them and they have to make a custom kit because they dont usually sell a vg supercharger kit.
Old 09-23-2001, 10:48 PM

Originally posted by JDwyer2821
That looks like a VG grill
yea i think i got a vg. the owner told me it had 190 horse power and i called Capa performance and they told me i got a ve but i think they got confused.
Old 09-24-2001, 02:27 AM
lp

Originally posted by MadMaxBrent

It is an Australian company, not US.

Brent.
Really? Australia, isn't that in Europe somewhere?
Old 09-24-2001, 04:44 PM

Originally posted by lp

Really? Australia, isn't that in Europe somewhere?
Just hang a left at Outer Mongolia and you're there

Old 09-24-2001, 11:40 PM

Disappointment....

I took my car to the track for the first time since the 'manifold probs', and lets say that it was not what I had expected (I was cocky enough to bring a helmet 'just in case' I broke out of 14's).

I am not going to count the runs I made at Woodburn this time, my car really hasn't been tuned yet... I know my car is much faster, Jonnymax and Dirksmoothe can vouch for that. Anyways the heat (85 or so) was too much, I had too much detonation, I fried a plug down there and got scared of blowing something important. I can't run it wide open for the 14-15 seconds because it was starting to detonate at the top of 2nd gear (heat soak, etc). If I am just cruising I can punch it to pass someone w/o problems, and I can do a mini stoplight war.

Anyways I got 2 15.1s and 2 15.6s. I had to let off everytime except the last pass I went full throttle and decided not to care about detonation, about halfway down the track I lost power (Oh c rap!!) missing, etc. I took it back to the pits thinking about holes in my pistons etc. I found the one cylinder that wasn't firing, pulled the plug, and found that the plug had been FRIED... lots of little metal specs (detonation symptom) on the plug and the electrode had melted. I managed to get it to work until I replaced it back at Jonnymax's apt.

Everybody told me its time to get an intercooler, but I think I can get it to eventually work w/o one. Tuning, tuning, tuning. Still need to figure out the fuel delivery situation and get my timing dialed into somewhere that I like it. Also need to get a better exhaust situation going on and get something more reliable for the AAC intake besides ducttape that blows off everytime the BOV operates.

So thats that, I still have a turbo maxima thats not fast ....yet.
Old 09-25-2001, 06:45 AM

I can definetly vouch

for the speed of Sams TurboMax. the power is amazing when you punch it at low rpms in 1st or 2nd. I would assume the rest of the gears too good stuff, and I do plan to copy his design after I do my engine work (valve job, P&P, port match, bored out TB).
Old 09-25-2001, 10:10 AM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Man that sucks....

you sound like Turbomax95, I think after his turbo was added he couldn't drive over 60mph!! good luck getting everything fixed up man, we'll be waiting for those 13's or even 12's!!!

[BI can't run it wide open for the 14-15 seconds because it was starting to detonate at the top of 2nd gear (heat soak, etc). If I am just cruising I can punch it to pass someone w/o problems, and I can do a mini stoplight war. [/B]
Old 09-25-2001, 06:01 PM

Re: Disappointment....

Here is how you fix the detonation, it will require an ECU for sure. If your getting detonation that bad, first thing to do is buy a colder spark plug as this is cheap and will help some. Now if you had some device (like consult or a OBD scanner) that could log the timing curve. You could retard the timing till you get no detonation in the topend. Then you will probably have to advance it to see what the limit is in the midrange/bottom end. Some of the best tuners in the SR20 world do this with their turbo/NA cars, I believe its called a timing sweep. I can tell you that a FPR isn't really the best option. This time your lucky, some people have lost compression or melted a valve because of detonation. I would suggest just getting a JWT ECU and fine tuning off that. JWT will no doubt give you a less advanced timing curve that you could tweak without losing alot of midrange with timing retard. Or you can just buy a BTM/BTC (these devices retard timing degrees by boost level). IMHO if you want to keep this a cheap project go ahead and buy a BTC/BTM I believe jackson racing and MSD sell these devices. In the honda world (for those that don't run engine management systems) they are very good and offer better tuning. Finally you should get rid of the FPR and get a FMU. Cartech and Vortech make good units. I wish you luck, but the 1st thing you should get is get a colder plug ASAP.
I took my car to the track for the first time since the 'manifold probs', and lets say that it was not what I had expected (I was cocky enough to bring a helmet 'just in case' I broke out of 14's).

I am not going to count the runs I made at Woodburn this time, my car really hasn't been tuned yet... I know my car is much faster, Jonnymax and Dirksmoothe can vouch for that. Anyways the heat (85 or so) was too much, I had too much detonation, I fried a plug down there and got scared of blowing something important. I can't run it wide open for the 14-15 seconds because it was starting to detonate at the top of 2nd gear (heat soak, etc). If I am just cruising I can punch it to pass someone w/o problems, and I can do a mini stoplight war.

Anyways I got 2 15.1s and 2 15.6s. I had to let off everytime except the last pass I went full throttle and decided not to care about detonation, about halfway down the track I lost power (Oh c rap!!) missing, etc. I took it back to the pits thinking about holes in my pistons etc. I found the one cylinder that wasn't firing, pulled the plug, and found that the plug had been FRIED... lots of little metal specs (detonation symptom) on the plug and the electrode had melted. I managed to get it to work until I replaced it back at Jonnymax's apt.

Everybody told me its time to get an intercooler, but I think I can get it to eventually work w/o one. Tuning, tuning, tuning. Still need to figure out the fuel delivery situation and get my timing dialed into somewhere that I like it. Also need to get a better exhaust situation going on and get something more reliable for the AAC intake besides ducttape that blows off everytime the BOV operates.

So thats that, I still have a turbo maxima thats not fast ....yet.

Quick Reply: 3rd Gen Turbo?