3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

3rd GEN white face gauges etc.

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2001 | 08:42 AM

3rd GEN white face gauges etc.

Hello again all.

There are a few thing I was wondering if available on an 89 MAX. First the white face gauges, will any fit? 2nd carbon dash kit is there one avilable for my car or does it need to be custom. Last I noticed there are some drop springs available for 3rd GEN, what I need to know is if there is anything else neede other than just the spring swap? Do I need different struts? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, anyone here from INDY? I'd like to find some fellow MAX drivers. Is there a particular website people go to for MAX parts and accessories?
Thanks all!
Old 09-26-2001 | 09:07 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

white face gauges come standard in the SE and you can easily switch them yourself
a nissan dealer will have them, but a junkyard will save you a lot of money if you can find one
go to my webpage, in the how-to section, under clock repair and it will tell you how to take apart the dash and get to the gauges

I have a carbon fiber dash from www.woodtrim.com for my 93 (the dash is slightly different around the radio), but I think they sell them for the earlier 3rd gens too. I really like the look of it with my black interior; not too flashy, but something different. It's hard to tell in pics, but in real life and natural lighting, it looks nice and has some depth to it not like those carbon fiber rolls of vinyl you see (there are a couple pics on my cardomain site - http://maxima.cardomain.com/id/craigbrace)
Old 09-26-2001 | 09:12 AM
OG Maxima.org Member

Re: 3rd GEN white face gauges etc.

Originally posted by MAXCAVE
Hello again all.

There are a few thing I was wondering if available on an 89 MAX. First the white face gauges, will any fit? 2nd carbon dash kit is there one avilable for my car or does it need to be custom. Last I noticed there are some drop springs available for 3rd GEN, what I need to know is if there is anything else neede other than just the spring swap? Do I need different struts? Any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Also, anyone here from INDY? I'd like to find some fellow MAX drivers. Is there a particular website people go to for MAX parts and accessories?
Thanks all!
Whoo Let's see if I can address at least SOME of your questions. I'm not too sure about the gauges. Unless U have digital, I don't see why you couldn't use the white face gauges on your Max. As a matter of fact, I just saw some on Ebay for sale.

You can purchase a carbon fiber kit for your Max. I don't know the name of the company off the top of my head, but they're in the "Links" section.

It'd probably be nicer to replace the struts AND the springs all at once. Not an ABSOLUTE, written-in-stone requirement, but I'm sure it'll save on some 'scratch'.

As for the websites for parts and accessories, that too is probably better answered in the "Links" section. Although Courtesy Nissan comes to mind initially, there are others, depending upon what U are looking for. Good luck and enjoy the ride!!
Old 09-26-2001 | 09:29 AM

you can definitely put white gauges on. I have one sitting in my garage waiting to get installed in my car. What you guys think, should I stick with normal white bulbs or put some color in there? I forgot whos maxima it was that had the purple bulbs in the GXE. Looked nice with the black backgroung but not sure how it will look with white guages
Old 09-26-2001 | 09:30 AM

i put polarg hyper whites in my dash and they look good, if u use the existing bulb socks already on their, u get a light blue, i think they look great.
Old 09-26-2001 | 08:52 PM

Hey SEguy, where did you get the bulbs from and how much were they? Dude, do you get blinded when you look down at your dash at night?
Old 09-26-2001 | 09:06 PM
Ford Only.

Craig Nice grille where did you get it?
Old 09-27-2001 | 06:22 AM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
Craig Nice grille where did you get it?
it's custom, I'll make you one for $200 if you send me your stock grille
Old 09-27-2001 | 06:25 AM

kingston: i got them from a local import place we have here. they are the best bulbs ive seen yet, they are alittle brighter than stock but they dont blind u, they are nice bright but not to if u know waht im saying.
Old 09-27-2001 | 07:31 AM

you can also try www.toucanindustries.com and find the superwhites there. very good brand, I have them in my gauges and they are a big improvement from stock. If they are too bright, there's always the dimmer switch
Old 09-27-2001 | 09:26 AM

I like your mags...... Graig..... Why oh why do we Australians miss out on the Black duco????
Old 09-27-2001 | 09:44 AM

Originally posted by KITT
I like your mags...... Graig..... Why oh why do we Australians miss out on the Black duco????
Thanks GITT I guess you Aussies aren't as fortunate as us; your weather isn't that much hotter than places around here for the most part so I dont really know why you wouldn't get black

it's just starting to get cool enough here for the black leather inside a black car to be comfortable without making you sweat even with A/C on; oh well, it's worth it to me
Old 09-27-2001 | 12:34 PM

Ahh I forgot about the dimmer switch. Haha , i've never used it before. Well, I gotta finish my amp rack and buy a sub then I'll replace my guages -=P

http://members.home.net/kingstonheng/speakerpods