3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Spoiler coming off...

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2000, 11:15 AM

The right side(looking from the back) of my spoiler is coming off the car...actually it's already detached from the trunk of the car.
I tried using Epoxy to glue the spoiler to the trunk but the rubber pad between the spoiler and the trunk is the only thing that got glued.
Anyone know how to get the spoiler attached to the trunk without drilling?

Thanks,
Roman
Old 10-31-2000, 06:52 AM

?

No one has any advise for me? Geez...

Old 10-31-2000, 08:09 AM
Redlinemax Owner

Roman I had the same problem with my car until i recently got it painted. the foam rubber that the wing is made of starts to rott and therefore the only way to fix the wing is to drill holes or buy a new one for about $80. from a junkyard
Old 10-31-2000, 08:14 AM

Foam?

Originally posted by Redmax
Roman I had the same problem with my car until i recently got it painted. the foam rubber that the wing is made of starts to rott and therefore the only way to fix the wing is to drill holes or buy a new one for about $80. from a junkyard
I don't think my wing is made of foam nor rubber. It feels pretty solid. It's a genuine Nissan wing, I think it's made of some sort of plastic or something. I've seen 3rd. gen. wings which are made of foam but those are aftermarket and not genuine Nissan. Since you had this problem maybe u can answer another question for me:
The top of the wing doesn't seem to be smooth but rather has some bumps or slopes. I bought the car like that...any idea of why that is?
Thanks for the advise anyway.
Old 10-31-2000, 10:39 AM
living out of a maxima...

I have a 92 SE with stock spoiler, and it's sure made out of foam. Kinda squishy, and definetly beginning to come off. Not severe enough to worry about, yet.
Old 10-31-2000, 10:40 AM

Hey,, Romeo

go look down further on this page under, (is anyone else's...)
Old 10-31-2000, 04:54 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

this was asked like last week..

here is my response to that message:

"Here is what I did:
My so called passenger side of the spoiler was almost off completely, so I just ripped that side off completely. Then I cleaned both surfaces, (trunk and spoiler) with rubbing alchohol and scraped any excess glue or whatever it was off the spoiler part where its attached to the trunk. Then I dropped a little crazy glue on the spoiler and put some double sided tape on it, then pressed the other side of the tape up against the trunk and held it down for 4 minutes. Thing holds better then stock for the last 4 months.
I've done the same procedure to passenger and driver side door molding since I got the car with passenger side molding allready halfway torn off and just hanging freely. I wanted to simply use tape and glue to reattach it, but the molding was curled up from wheather and **** like that so I tore it off, then broke it in half by mistake, had to compress it and crazy glue it back together, reatached it at warm (65 degrees) wheather. Holds better then stock for months now. Just make sure your spoiler is straight when you reattach it.
"