3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

walbro fuel pump on VE?

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-2001, 08:07 AM

walbro fuel pump on VE?

what are my choices for aftermarket fuel pumps for my VE? as some of you know i've been having stumbling/hesitation problems with my max so today if i can find instructions, i'm going to remove the throttle body, then if i have time tomorrow or tuesday i'll order a fuel filter and get some spark plugs, if that doesnt help, i'm replacing the fuel pump. also i'm replacing my POS intake with a real warpspeed CAI which, if the stereo being sold goes according to plan i will order on wednesday. if none of this helps, i'm going to wait till i have the money, order/install an ACT street clutch and goto a dealer.
yes, i'm mixing mods with trouble shooting, but my parents are cutting me a deal with my debt to them so its all good.

anyone got directions for removing the throttle body?
thanks
Old 10-07-2001, 11:58 AM
Ford Only.

I would reccomend a 300zx TT fuel pump with TTZ injectors. But you would need a JWT ECU to map the fuel correctly.
Old 10-07-2001, 08:37 PM

Originally posted by dmontzmax
I would reccomend a 300zx TT fuel pump with TTZ injectors. But you would need a JWT ECU to map the fuel correctly.
any ideas on pricing?
Old 10-07-2001, 08:49 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Originally posted by MaDMaX024

any ideas on pricing?
too much and no need for......you can contact Walbro(look them up on the internet) and order an intank pump from them. you don't need TT injectors either, you're not using any form of major, major FI so the stock ones are fine.... you realy don't need an aftermarket fuel pump either, but hey if you wnat one.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:09 PM

Originally posted by DA-MAX

too much and no need for......you can contact Walbro(look them up on the internet) and order an intank pump from them. you don't need TT injectors either, you're not using any form of major, major FI so the stock ones are fine.... you realy don't need an aftermarket fuel pump either, but hey if you wnat one.
soon enough i'll have turbo or SC. maybe NOS, i havent decided. would i need a JWT ECU for the walbro pump only? i'm looking for something better than stock but not outragous....yet.
also, any ideas on how to remove the throttle body without f'in something up? how about replacing the fuel filter..costs for the filter too??
Old 10-07-2001, 09:23 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

no need to upgrade the ECU for a Walbro 255 pump....as for the VE TB removal and fuel filter change, I'm not sure?!?! I've removed my VGs TB before, but the two are totally different...do a search, I'm pretty sure its in the archives somewhere.

soon enough i'll have turbo or SC. maybe NOS, i havent decided. would i need a JWT ECU for the walbro pump only? i'm looking for something better than stock but not outragous....yet.
also, any ideas on how to remove the throttle body without f'in something up? how about replacing the fuel filter..costs for the filter too??
Old 10-07-2001, 09:31 PM

no need to upgrade the ECU for a Walbro 255 pump....as for the VE TB removal and fuel filter change, I'm not sure?!?! I've removed my VGs TB before, but the two are totally different...do a search, I'm pretty sure its in the archives somewhere.

thanks alot.
now, just for the sake of knowing something. what is your opinion of the accel universal injectors from JC whitney? i was thinking just get the 23lb/hr if they were alright.
thanks again.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:44 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Personally I'd avoid them.......

though they did show 8hp gain on Speedvion's Camaro Z28 after they made some FPR adjustments, but I'm not sold on them for use on our cars. but $240 per set is a good deal though! but since I know you're looking for performance upgrades for future NOS, turbo or SC...look into what Dmontzmax suggested.....but I know JWT has the JWT 450 kit, it includes a Cobra Mustang "hi-flow" MAF, 550cc injectors and ECU repogramming...now I know its available for the VG30e and VG30et, but not sure of the compatability on a VE??? you can also look into RC Engineering, they do more application specific fuel injector work.....you just send them your injectors and they can "blueprint" a specific flow rate for you--> http://www.rceng.com/service.htm

thanks alot.
now, just for the sake of knowing something. what is your opinion of the accel universal injectors from JC whitney? i was thinking just get the 23lb/hr if they were alright.
thanks again.
Old 10-07-2001, 09:51 PM

from what i've heard...people have not been too happy with aftermarket clutches
Old 10-07-2001, 11:52 PM

Originally posted by ngthing
from what i've heard...people have not been too happy with aftermarket clutches
Hmmm.... I always think about aftermarket clutches and how they don't work whenever I am replacing my fuel pump...

In other words, did you read the post??!? It has nothing to do with clutches....
Old 10-08-2001, 06:56 AM

Re: Personally I'd avoid them.......

though they did show 8hp gain on Speedvion's Camaro Z28 after they made some FPR adjustments, but I'm not sold on them for use on our cars. but $240 per set is a good deal though! but since I know you're looking for performance upgrades for future NOS, turbo or SC...look into what Dmontzmax suggested.....but I know JWT has the JWT 450 kit, it includes a Cobra Mustang "hi-flow" MAF, 550cc injectors and ECU repogramming...now I know its available for the VG30e and VG30et, but not sure of the compatability on a VE??? you can also look into RC Engineering, they do more application specific fuel injector work.....you just send them your injectors and they can "blueprint" a specific flow rate for you--> http://www.rceng.com/service.htm

hmm...how much is the JWT kit? i think i might have found the source of my problem...TPS...anyone know how to check this or how much/how hard it is to replace it?

does the mustang MAF make that much of a difference N/A? how about the rest of the kit?
thanks