3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Corner/Turning Lamps

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2007, 08:22 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Corner/Turning Lamps

When I turn on my right turn signal the right corner lamp gets bright but when i turn on the left one it stays dim. I switched the bulbs and same problem. I checked the wires on the left and they all seemed fine with no loose connections or unprotected parts and all that. So what could be causing this problem? Also when i did the fogllight rewire to make them work whenever the driving/low/high beams are on it didnt work, the fogs just didnt go on. Im nearly 100% sure i did it right i mena its simple. Cut the power wire ( ithink its red w/ yellow) to the fog relay and close it up then take the end from the relay and splice it into the red wire for the turning lamp. It looked fine but didnt work so i put everything back to normal and its how it always was... weird..
Old 10-09-2007, 10:08 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by 92gxe/cg2
When I turn on my right turn signal the right corner lamp gets bright but when i turn on the left one it stays dim. I switched the bulbs and same problem. I checked the wires on the left and they all seemed fine with no loose connections or unprotected parts and all that. So what could be causing this problem? Also when i did the fogllight rewire to make them work whenever the driving/low/high beams are on it didnt work, the fogs just didnt go on. Im nearly 100% sure i did it right i mena its simple. Cut the power wire ( ithink its red w/ yellow) to the fog relay and close it up then take the end from the relay and splice it into the red wire for the turning lamp. It looked fine but didnt work so i put everything back to normal and its how it always was... weird..
are you sure all your turn signal bulbs on that side of the car are working? after that, see if you are getting any power to the bulb socket using a voltmeter.
Old 10-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Also when i did the fogllight rewire to make them work whenever the driving/low/high beams are on it didnt work, the fogs just didnt go on. Im nearly 100% sure i did it right i mena its simple. Cut the power wire ( ithink its red w/ yellow) to the fog relay and close it up then take the end from the relay and splice it into the red wire for the turning lamp. It looked fine but didnt work so i put everything back to normal and its how it always was... weird..
Dont mess with stuff unless you know what you're really doing...or you can end up with something like this

Old 10-10-2007, 07:21 AM
I can has?

Meh, I had no idea what I was doing when I did my Corner and Foglight rewire. Still didn't know what I was doing when I put 1157 sockets into the lower blinkers for amber runners. But it's all pretty simple and you really only have three things that could be wrong.

When I was doing my 1157 Rewire my drivers side corner would NOT stay bright and it made me crazy, I checked all the wires about a billion times and it turned out to be the factory electrical tape BEFORE the corner light wiring assembly started had came loose from me messing with it and the wires inside had came loose but the tape still looked intact. Check ALL wires going to and from the corner lights to insure all wires are making a good connection.

Good luck
Old 10-10-2007, 08:03 AM
mod or sell?

have you checked that voltage is getting to both filaments of the bulb?
Old 10-10-2007, 08:19 AM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

no i havent, can you tell me how to do that? Im sure its easy but when it comes to electronics im not every talented.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:46 AM
I can has?

no i havent, can you tell me how to do that? Im sure its easy but when it comes to electronics im not every talented.
turn on the lights, take the bulb out, test the inside terminals (both) with a voltmeter, then on your signal, test them again...