3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Getting alarm/remote start but first!!!.......

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2008, 10:55 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
i have the remote start when my car was an auto and it still works now that its a 5-speed. the aftermarket alarm is also hooked up with my factory alarm. both work together. i have a prestige alarm since '01 and the remote start is from viper. both aftermarket systems work off 1 remote not multiple remotes. the factory is still functional where i can roll down my 2 front windows, open sunroof, and unlock my trunk but using the keypad which is what you don't want to do since you want it to work with the remote. of course like everyone else said on here you need modules for each window so that you can have that function. i've had this system for a long time now and it still works just as fine as when i first got it 7 years ago. of course i have replace my remote battery now since its dying. i am not using my stock horns since i replaced them with 350Z JDM horns .

but it IS what I want
Old 02-09-2008, 11:54 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
but it IS what I want
i thought you wanted your windows to roll down with the remote not going to the keypad and do it from there?
Old 02-09-2008, 04:04 PM

i thought you wanted your windows to roll down with the remote not going to the keypad and do it from there?
I want BOTH, i dont wanna lose the keypad feature
Old 02-09-2008, 05:04 PM
Jesus was a Zombie.

so add the feature for the alarm/remote start you buy and keep the stock system...
(am i thinking this is easier than it truly is? never done an alarm.)
Old 02-10-2008, 06:04 AM

I want BOTH, i dont wanna lose the keypad feature
ok than its possible cuz thats how i have had it for the past 7 years.
Old 02-10-2008, 10:41 AM

ok than its possible cuz thats how i have had it for the past 7 years.
You made my life complete
Old 02-10-2008, 12:18 PM

You made my life complete
glad i did
Old 02-10-2008, 05:42 PM

glad i did

noticed your sig...How often are you in Indianapolis?
Old 02-10-2008, 07:52 PM

noticed your sig...How often are you in Indianapolis?
last time i was there was in Sept. '03. so it has been a while but i have family and friends up there but im planning to go up again hopefully by the end of this year.
Old 02-13-2008, 07:33 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Haven't posted on here in a while, but just noticed this thread.
You can very easily and safely put a remote starter onto a 5spd car and wire it so that it will NOT start in gear. 99% of remote start units have a hood open safety circuit that you can use. The stock manual transmission has a neutral sensor already in place (along with the reverse sensor). You can find the wire at the ECU. Wire this up to a relay and output it to the hood open safety input on the starter (you can keep the hood open feature too).
If you search on here, it's been posted many times in the past and should still be there somewhere.
Anyone who wires up a remote starter on a manual transmission Maxima and doesn't use the neutral sensor is either lazy or not very smart
Old 02-14-2008, 03:04 PM

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
You can very easily and safely put a remote starter onto a 5spd car and wire it so that it will NOT start in gear. 99% of remote start units have a hood open safety circuit that you can use. The stock manual transmission has a neutral sensor already in place (along with the reverse sensor). You can find the wire at the ECU. Wire this up to a relay and output it to the hood open safety input on the starter (you can keep the hood open feature too).
If you search on here, it's been posted many times in the past and should still be there somewhere.
Anyone who wires up a remote starter on a manual transmission Maxima and doesn't use the neutral sensor is either lazy or not very smart
forgot about that little detail. thanks for bringing that up Craig. damn it has been awhile since you been here man. how you been? but, yeah i also have the hood switch as well.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:01 PM

forgot about that little detail. thanks for bringing that up Craig. damn it has been awhile since you been here man. how you been? but, yeah i also have the hood switch as well.
hey, been doing well. I've been busy with my prelude for the past year or so. Got a B18 running in there now I've been enjoying my IS300 and will probably be selling the maxima in the very near future.
Old 02-14-2008, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by «§»Craig B«§»
Haven't seen you in a while.

IIRC, my 791xv has a nuetral safety input that will only allow the car to start when it sees ground, just like the hood pin circuit. Instead of a relay, I just used a diode. When it's in gear, it'll send ~5v. If it's in nuetral, it'll send ground. I used the diode so that the alarm didn't see ~5v. It just wouldn't see ground when in gear.