3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Window

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 08:04 AM
Noob wanting more

Window

Does anybody have any ideas on how to put the plastic window clips back onto the window itself. I am referring to the back passenger side electric window. In my searches for other windows at junk yards, it seemed that many others had this problem with the same window due to the fact that only that window was missing on every 3rd gen maxima there (There were 10 in the lot).
Old 03-17-2008, 03:33 PM
I miss my VE

Really?

Never knew that was an issue on these cars. Do you still have your old clip?

Clean up the old glue with a razor on your window, and file down as much left over glue on the clip itself. You can use a sharp razor blade too. It doesn't have to be perfect, just enough for the glue to have a nice canvas to grab. When all is clean, fill the clip up with either Poxy, or good quality Urethane. Use enough, but not too much. Will be harder to clean if it happens again. Bolt up the clip itself unto the regulator, and slowly lower the window unto the clip, making sure your in the window track. Remember, you have to have everything ready before you put the glue, because that stuff dries quick, especially the Poxy. Meaning have the frame out, ignition on with switch connected, and the regulator in the position where you can see what your doing. Then raise the window up slowly, little by little, while giving pressure with your hand. Once the window is closed, I wouldn't force it all the way with the switch. Just enough to not let water or air get in. You don't want the glue to dry in that final position where the window sits when its pressing up against the rubber window track up top. Try not to lower it after that, till it's try.

And I would make sure nothing is bent there. As far as I know, these cars aren't notorious for this issue.

Edit: Forgot the most important thing! Do not use the window for at least 2 days. Sorry, lol.

Last edited by VEvolution; 03-17-2008 at 10:07 PM.