3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

hopefully this will work(and some questions)

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-2001, 04:08 PM

hopefully this will work(and some questions)

i just ordered a walbro fuel pump and fuel pump relay for my max. i'm picking up the relay either tomorrow or friday (whenever i get a chance) and the pump should be here sometime next week (if its over the weekend, i might have to skip work....again).
anyway, i'll post my results after the pump and relay are installed. hopefully my idle flutter will go away and it'll start everytime i turn the key!

now, for the questions:
jdwyer, matt93SE and any others, what did you notice after you had your flywheel lightened?
whats the best price for an ACT street clutch kit? phuong quoted me at (IIRC) $345+S&H.
my friend just bought an acura, and is looking at 17" rims, the package he found comes with Nitto NT450 tires. how do these rate compared to say the kumho 712's? sumitomo HTRZII? dunlop SP4000? pirelli P7000?

thanks
Old 11-14-2001, 04:22 PM
I'm needing a caw

"""jdwyer, matt93SE and any others, what did you notice after you had your flywheel lightened?""

Not alot but it's there. Revs a little quicker. It's only 3lb diff so not alot to be had.

""whats the best price for an ACT street clutch kit? phuong quoted me at (IIRC) $345+S&H.""

Sounds fair to me. Phoung is a nice dude. Try to support him if you can. He give just about the best retail pricing out there.

""my friend just bought an acura, and is looking at 17" rims, the package he found comes with Nitto NT450 tires. how do these rate compared to say the kumho 712's? sumitomo HTRZII? dunlop SP4000? pirelli P7000?""

Your best bet is to visit www.tirerack.com and see what your research gives you. People have diff requirements/needs/price budgets. You should research the tires based on your needs not others. ie..my kuhmos are good for dry,wet and are fairly quiet. But absolutely sucks ***** for anything snowy. Other tires might not be as good in the dry/wet but might be better in snow. etc..etc..etc...
Old 11-14-2001, 04:57 PM

"Not alot but it's there. Revs a little quicker. It's only 3lb diff so not alot to be had."
sweet

"Sounds fair to me. Phoung is a nice dude. Try to support him if you can. He give just about the best retail pricing out there. "
will do

"Your best bet is to visit www.tirerack.com and see what your research gives you. People have diff requirements/needs/price budgets. You should research the tires based on your needs not others. ie..my kuhmos are good for dry,wet and are fairly quiet. But absolutely sucks ***** for anything snowy. Other tires might not be as good in the dry/wet but might be better in snow. etc..etc..etc... "
hes basically in the same boat as me. looking for good dry and wet traction, the rims hes getting (or claims to be) will be just for spring/summer/fall rims and tires. as soon as it starts snowing or gets icy, the stockers go back on. personally, i'll most likely up with the with kumho supra or sumitomo HTRZII.
Old 11-14-2001, 06:58 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff92se
[B..my kuhmos are good for dry,wet and are fairly quiet. But absolutely sucks ***** for anything snowy. [/B]
No surprise there. There's a reason why they call those "summer only" tires and not all season tires - the tread pattern and rubber compound are all geared to wet/dry traction and nothing else (like mud/snow). Keep this difference in mind (intended usage) when selecting tires.

I like tirerack and other sites like that ( www.whalentire.com and www.tires.com ) because they give you all sorts of different brands and performance levels to choose from.... or fantasize about
Old 11-14-2001, 07:00 PM
I'm needing a caw

I knew that pretty much when buying. For that price it's hard to get everything. Seattle snow is pretty rare though. I just didn't think a FWD car w/ lsd would be THAT bad in the light snow. lol.

Originally posted by Bman

No surprise there. There's a reason why they call those "summer only" tires and not all season tires - the tread pattern and rubber compound are all geared to wet/dry traction and nothing else (like mud/snow). Keep this difference in mind (intended usage) when selecting tires.

I like tirerack and other sites like that ( www.whalentire.com and www.tires.com ) because they give you all sorts of different brands and performance levels to choose from.... or fantasize about
Old 11-14-2001, 07:17 PM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Originally posted by Jeff92se
I knew that pretty much when buying. For that price it's hard to get everything. Seattle snow is pretty rare though. I just didn't think a FWD car w/ lsd would be THAT bad in the light snow. lol.
Yeah I know, I wasn't really talking to you, just giving pointers to whomever (is that a word?). I also plan on going Kumho/Firestone/Nitto/Sumitomo/Yoko summer-only someday. I imagine Vancouver probably gets about as much snow as Seattle, but I'll keep my old rims/tires just in case.