3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Finally after a yr, some pics of my Maxima

Search this Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 09:02 PM

Finally after a yr, some pics of my Maxima

Hey guys,

I wanted to get some pics on here for you all to see of my ride, almost a yr ago today i bought this 92 Maxima se, 5spd with blown suspension and other front end parts, hesitating and jerking while accelerating(ignition coils).

Anyways about $5500 dollars after initially buying it, i finally feel like its coming together,

List of work:

1. 6 ignition coils, got them cheap..
2. 6 new NGK's
3. new axles, control arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, new rotors and brakes all around, wheel bearing
4. new suspension, tokico's and B&G lowering springs, new strut mounts and boots all around
5. custom cai
6. ST front and rear sway bars
7. 4th gen FSTB
8. LED behind gauges
9. Motegi Racing 18's wrapped in 225/40/zr18
10. fidanza clutch kit
11. HID - 8000k

Most recently finally broke down and paid $115 bux for the redline MT-90 gear oil for my 5spd, glad i did because it made a huge difference in shifting up and down and pickup and of course it goes in like butter now

This Maxima is coming up to 180xxx kms, barely broken in a know, it of a course has the clack at startup which i soon will fix along with the knock senser, its currently bypassed

I couldnt have done all this stuff if it wasnt for the help i got on this forum, im not getting all emotional or anything, just wanted to say thanks and let you all see what ive done in the year that ive owned this ride

also i know the body needs some work, i will be starting body work and paint in the next week or two

check out this link for pics:

http://photoshare.shaw.ca/view/18533...1062851-57936/

Last edited by PMAX08; 05-06-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:18 PM

eh... body work is over-rated!... lol... jk
Old 04-30-2009, 12:05 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by PMAX08
Hey guys,

I wanted to get some pics on here for you all to see of my ride, almost a yr ago today i bought this 92 Maxima se, 5spd with blown suspension and other front end parts, hesitating and jerking while accelerating(ignition coils).

Anyways about $5500 dollars after initially buying it, i finally feel like its coming together,

List of work:

2. 6 new NGK's
3. new axles, control arms, ball joints, inner and outer tie rods, new rotors and brakes all around, wheel bearing
4. new suspension, tokico's and B&G lowering springs, new strut mounts and boots all around
5. custom cai
7. 4th gen FSTB
8. LED behind gauges
10. fidanza clutch kit

Most recently finally broke down and paid $115 bux for the redline MT-90 gear oil for my 5spd, glad i did because it made a huge difference in shifting up and down and pickup and of course it goes in like butter now

This Maxima is coming up to 180xxx kms, barely broken in a know, it of a course has the clack at startup which i soon will fix along with the knock senser, its currently bypassed

I couldnt have done all this stuff if it wasnt for the help i got on this forum, im not getting all emotional or anything, just wanted to say thanks and let you all see what ive done in the year that ive owned this ride

also i know the body needs some work, i will be starting body work and paint in the next week or two

nice mod list! can't wait till you get the whole car the same color huh? i'd love to try your car out around the block... never driven a VE before. Nor a 3rd gen with a drop/struts/swaybars. keep it up!
Old 04-30-2009, 01:18 AM

Hey guys,

List of work:

2. 6 new NGK's
5. custom cai
7. 4th gen FSTB
8. LED behind gauges
10. fidanza clutch kit

nice car dude...needs paint and some cleaning in engine bay...otherwise its a nice lookin max...i m also rebuilding my VE from engine to body nowa days...
Old 04-30-2009, 07:49 AM

i like those wheels you got on there. keep it going.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:03 AM

thx guys, ya i cant wait for the paint, but im more about performance than looks which is why i didnt do the paint first

and ya the engine bay could def use a cleaning, hell the whole car could, im working on a 96 lexus as well which will be my DD for my wife, right now we use the max for everything, there is probably a trunk full of my sons toys in the there right now, oh and his car seat adds 6 HP!...lol

i honestly would love to put the stillen kit on there, and its getting a black paint job, hadmans ride comes to mind, his is how the maxima should have come, but i think ill just go with the lip and nothing else, some aftermarket side mirrors, get rid of the retractable antenna and put one above the rear window, maybe get rid of the spoiler to, or maybe fiberglass it to the trunk so it never comes up again, i hate how it looks peeling up on either side..

Last edited by PMAX08; 04-30-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 04-30-2009, 09:21 AM

thx guys, ya i cant wait for the paint, but im more about performance than looks which is why i didnt do the paint first

and ya the engine bay could def use a cleaning, hell the whole car could, im working on a 96 lexus as well which will be my DD for my wife, right now we use the max for everything, there is probably a trunk full of my sons toys in the there right now, oh and his car sear adds 6 HP!...lol

i honestly would love to put the stillen kit on there, and its getting a black paint job, hadmans ride comes to mind, his is how the maxima should have come, but i think ill just go with the lip and nothing else, some aftermarket side mirrors, get rid of the retractable antenna and put one above the rear window, maybe get rid of the spoiler to, or maybe fiberglass it to the trunk so it never comes up again, i hate how it looks peeling up on either side..
search for a Q45t wing and just modify like others have done. i really like how they look on the 3rd gen vs. our factory wing that always rises on the ends. the Q45t wing actually sits flush with the trunk lid. no openings at all. and you won't have to worry about it lifting.
Old 05-01-2009, 12:47 AM

Keep up the good work! It's not always over night... sometimes it takes a little more time than anticipated but just stay focused and stick to your plans. But keep researching you may find something else that's better for your combo!
Old 05-06-2009, 07:50 PM

Well i took off my spoiler, i cant believe these things are held to the trunk by rubber plugs on each side, no wonder they pull up and than moisture gets in there and it rusts out, anyways... there was a hole rusted through on each side, so i took the jigsaw to it, cut it all out, meshed it up from behind, light short hair fiberglass over top of it and than bondo filler and sanded and sanded...no more spoiler for now, and to be honest i dont mind the look at all, i just laid my second coat of gloss black paint on the trunk, soon the entire car will be this color...still got some more body work to do on the wheel wells, i have some pics of the trunk after it was done being prepped for paints, i can post later if anyone likes, but im sure we have all seen prepped metal before... any ideas on how i can make this stock spoiler stronger and connect it to the trunk so it doesnt pull up on me? i was thinking maybe covering it in fiberglass and put something on each side as a base to connect it to the trunk with..anyone tried to fix this issue? let me kno..
Old 05-07-2009, 01:45 PM

Sounds/looks good. Coming along nicely.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:46 PM
Got Retrofit?

Suspension, wheels, and HIDs look good.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:27 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Suspension, wheels, and HIDs look good.
thats where i'm gonna have to disagree with you..... there's no such thing as HIDs in stock halogen housings being "good". Just recently, studies have confirmed that driving a car with HIDs in non-HID-spec housings is in fact WORSE than committing cold-blooded murder.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM
Got Retrofit?

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
thats where i'm gonna have to disagree with you..... there's no such thing as HIDs in stock halogen housings being "good".
Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm. The glare is outrageous. I can't say anything though since I have HIDs in my '96, which does have halogen housings.

I just don't want to sound like a hypocrite.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:39 PM
Supporting Maxima.org Member

Nice work man! I'm surprised how little rust it has for an Alberta car... should come out nice! It's about the same condition mine was in when I got it back in Jan. '06, and in the past 3 years, have a 5 page list of repairs/upgrades/mods I've done. I got mine with 195K on it, and it just hit 265K, and runs like new! These engines are bulletproof (get those VTC's fixed though), get the body sorted out, and you will have a great car for years.
Old 05-07-2009, 08:44 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
Sarcasm my friend, sarcasm. The glare is outrageous. I can't say anything though since I have HIDs in my '96, which does have halogen housings.

I just don't want to sound like a hypocrite.
talk to kzoosho.... toss a few Benjies his way and he'll be able to work out something for you. For the OP too.
Old 05-07-2009, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by mszilves
Nice work man! I'm surprised how little rust it has for an Alberta car... should come out nice! It's about the same condition mine was in when I got it back in Jan. '06, and in the past 3 years, have a 5 page list of repairs/upgrades/mods I've done. I got mine with 195K on it, and it just hit 265K, and runs like new! These engines are bulletproof (get those VTC's fixed though), get the body sorted out, and you will have a great car for years.

Its actually a manitoban car, and ya very little rust, i cant complain, the HID's well to be honest this city runs on car enthusiasts and HIDs in stock halogen housing is something of the norm, ive only been flashed once when i was on my way to aim them down so i dont run anyone off the road, i would love to have a projector setup, maybe someday when i venture into those kind of mods, for now i wouldnt give them up for nothing, stock lights got nothing on these..

Im about to order the stillen front lip kit, going to stay without the spoiler until i figure out how to put it back on permanently like it should have come from the dealer, these lil design flaws like the vtc's as well sometimes annoy me but i honestly have never enjoyed a car this much, the fact that it is somewhat rare and hard to find parts and mods for makes it that much more fun for me, ive only ever seen one other car like mine in this city and it belongs to an older man that has kept it in mint condition, pearl white on black leather and the funny thing is he lives blocks from me, lol...

anyways, i phoned stillen and apparently they sell the front lip kit for the maxima by itself for like $130, i was unaware of this and there website does not reflect this either..i cant wait to get this prep work done and the paint on, im really reaaaallly considering doing a 3.5 full ecu swap like the great aaron is doing..not something i could handle myself probably and id hate to see the price on that swap, anyone have a link to a list like rundown on the mods that need to be accomplished to do a swap?

sry for the long post

thanks
Old 05-08-2009, 01:03 AM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Its actually a manitoban car, and ya very little rust, i cant complain, the HID's well to be honest this city runs on car enthusiasts and HIDs in stock halogen housing is something of the norm, ive only been flashed once when i was on my way to aim them down so i dont run anyone off the road, i would love to have a projector setup, maybe someday when i venture into those kind of mods, for now i wouldnt give them up for nothing, stock lights got nothing on these..

Im about to order the stillen front lip kit, going to stay without the spoiler until i figure out how to put it back on permanently like it should have come from the dealer, these lil design flaws like the vtc's as well sometimes annoy me but i honestly have never enjoyed a car this much, the fact that it is somewhat rare and hard to find parts and mods for makes it that much more fun for me, ive only ever seen one other car like mine in this city and it belongs to an older man that has kept it in mint condition, pearl white on black leather and the funny thing is he lives blocks from me, lol...

anyways, i phoned stillen and apparently they sell the front lip kit for the maxima by itself for like $130, i was unaware of this and there website does not reflect this either..i cant wait to get this prep work done and the paint on, im really reaaaallly considering doing a 3.5 full ecu swap like the great aaron is doing..not something i could handle myself probably and id hate to see the price on that swap, anyone have a link to a list like rundown on the mods that need to be accomplished to do a swap?

sry for the long post

thanks
doesn't matter if people flash you or not. i never flash anyone who is so inconsiderate as to put HIDs in halogen housings....... that doesn't mean that i wouldn't (if given the legal opportunity) drag them out of their car and bludgeon them in the eye-sockets with a glowing-hot sledgehammer and then walk away. cuz i would.
Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
thats where i'm gonna have to disagree with you..... there's no such thing as HIDs in stock halogen housings being "good". Just recently, studies have confirmed that driving a car with HIDs in non-HID-spec housings is in fact WORSE than committing cold-blooded murder.
i agree 110% with Caped. i have HID's in mine with these crappy E36 headlights and let me tell you it ain't pretty. i mean it looks nice but you lack a good amount of vision at night when driving. i really need to finish up my projector setup already. im getting to use to driving my 335i with HID's.
Old 05-08-2009, 04:34 PM

lol...i love that ****, the headline in the paper would read " man bludgeoned for having HIDs in halogen housing " ... ah well people get killed for less everyday right.. i guess im just an inconsiderate ******* which is really fine with me, in all honestly though it doesnt really bother me at all when oncoming cars have hids in halogen housing, some people are just really sensitive to the light i guess, atleast i can avoid the ridiculous pot holes at night now, ill preserve my suspension and rims over other peoples sensitive eyes anyday..
Old 05-08-2009, 04:41 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

lol...i love that ****, the headline in the paper would read " man bludgeoned for having HIDs in halogen housing " ... ah well people get killed for less everyday right.. i guess im just an inconsiderate ******* which is really fine with me, in all honestly though it doesnt really bother me at all when oncoming cars have hids in halogen housing, some people are just really sensitive to the light i guess, atleast i can avoid the ridiculous pot holes at night now, ill preserve my suspension and rims over other peoples sensitive eyes anyday..
have you ever been in a newer car with the right setup, to compare to your own? what's your beam pattern against a wall? when the lowbeams are on, how much of the light is at or above the height of the center of the headlight (cutoff should be 2-4" below the center of the headlight at a distance of 25')