3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

pacesetter headers w y pipe or wsp y pipe?...

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009, 06:06 PM

pacesetter headers w y pipe or wsp y pipe?...

i was searching around and seen the paceseetter headers with the y-pipe for about $250.
while the wsp y-pipe alone was just $200.
this is for a vg30e (sohc).

now i'm already running without a cat and resonator with a 2-2.25 inch pipe.

will running with headers and y-pipe make me lose power?

also anyone here that owns a vg with headers or just a wsp y-pipe notice any gains?
Old 08-03-2009, 06:30 PM

I personally can't see how running a WSP ypipe attached to those restrictive exhaust manifolds can out perform a tubular header/ypipe assembly! I should be starting mine in about 2 weeks waiting on some parts and finishing some household remodeling! Kinda juggling between the two! Try to look past all the negative Pacesetter hype!!! Or try to look outside the box! You have options dude....
Old 08-03-2009, 06:43 PM

well i highly doubt you will be putting headers on unless your pulling the motor or you can find a way to do so other wise...if your going with pacesetter exhaust then get the pace setter y-pipe other wise do liek i did and get the full wsp y-pipe + cat back no resinator and i used a ebay 4" muffler... it has really increased my 1/4 mile time and it sounds really good if u ask me other than my exhaust leaks lol...
Old 08-03-2009, 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by CMax03
I personally can't see how running a WSP ypipe attached to those restrictive exhaust manifolds can out perform a tubular header/ypipe assembly! I should be starting mine in about 2 weeks waiting on some parts and finishing some household remodeling! Kinda juggling between the two! Try to look past all the negative Pacesetter hype!!! Or try to look outside the box! You have options dude....
I agree Ive havent heard people on here complain about the pacetter...Ive just been told that its not worth it and to just get a WSP Y-pipe... but yeah its up to u want u do with ur car these guys are just here for advice.
Old 08-03-2009, 06:59 PM

Originally Posted by 1991Maxima1991
well i highly doubt you will be putting headers on unless your pulling the motor or you can find a way to do so other wise...if your going with pacesetter exhaust then get the pace setter y-pipe other wise do liek i did and get the full wsp y-pipe + cat back no resinator and i used a ebay 4" muffler... it has really increased my 1/4 mile time and it sounds really good if u ask me other than my exhaust leaks lol...
The Pacesetter ypipe is for their headers only....it's a set like the Cattman headers they're are actually a 3 piece system. Pacesetter's ypipe will not fit our 3rd Gen Oem exhaust manifolds!!!!
Old 08-03-2009, 07:16 PM
Call me Wookiee Goldberg

Originally Posted by Infam0usMax
I agree Ive havent heard people on here complain about the pacetter...Ive just been told that its not worth it and to just get a WSP Y-pipe... but yeah its up to u want u do with ur car these guys are just here for advice.
er.... people complain about the pacesetter headers all the time because they don't fit properly...... something about them hitting the steering rack or something of that sort.
Old 08-03-2009, 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by 1992maximase30
i was searching around and seen the paceseetter headers with the y-pipe for about $250.
while the wsp y-pipe alone was just $200.
this is for a vg30e (sohc).

now i'm already running without a cat and resonator with a 2-2.25 inch pipe.

will running with headers and y-pipe make me lose power?

also anyone here that owns a vg with headers or just a wsp y-pipe notice any gains?
pasesetters have known fitment issues and it is no proven concrete evidence that the tubular headers flow any better than the manifolds. for the money and head ache the ypipe is the better bang for the buck. my only issue with it is that they are 2.5 right out of the manifold. i custom made my pipe and it 2.25 out of the manifold in creasing to 2.5 for the cat and back to 2.25 for the rest. i did this to prevent low end torque loss.

as for gains yes i did notice some very nice gains and a flatter power band from 2.5/3k to 5.5k rpm
Old 08-03-2009, 09:12 PM

yep thats what i'm looking for.
cause all us vg30e owners know that we have ***** of low end but after 3.5k they tend to lose that pep.
so i figure with a TRUE cold air intake and headers w/wsp y-pipe should increase the mid-to-high end response.
Old 08-03-2009, 10:48 PM

Originally Posted by 300zmax
pasesetters have known fitment issues and it is no proven concrete evidence that the tubular headers flow any better than the manifolds. for the money and head ache the ypipe is the better bang for the buck. my only issue with it is that they are 2.5 right out of the manifold. i custom made my pipe and it 2.25 out of the manifold in creasing to 2.5 for the cat and back to 2.25 for the rest. i did this to prevent low end torque loss.

as for gains yes i did notice some very nice gains and a flatter power band from 2.5/3k to 5.5k rpm
You've apparently never seen the inside of a VG30E Maxima's exhaust manifold...It's really freaking obvious you haven't! There no evidence that the Oem's even flow close to the tubular design, if it did it would defy the laws of physics! Always think outside the box...
Old 08-03-2009, 11:50 PM

You've apparently never seen the inside of a VG30E Maxima's exhaust manifold...It's really freaking obvious you haven't! There no evidence that the Oem's even flow close to the tubular design, if it did it would defy the laws of physics! Always think outside the box...
From what I gather its not a matter of how much better they flow (or don't flow)...its a matter of how much our engines (VG's) improve due to said flow.

After reading tons of different articles/threads/discussions, the better "flow" of the pacesetter design does not affect performance positively enough to warrant the work/price of getting the headers.

If someone thinks I'm wrong, lemme know, this is just the conclusion I've come to of course...don't take it as fact.

Old 08-04-2009, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by CapedCadaver
er.... people complain about the pacesetter headers all the time because they don't fit properly...... something about them hitting the steering rack or something of that sort.
I stand corrected... I knew it was something that wasnt right about them.
Old 08-04-2009, 10:30 AM

well a apparently have since i made my own y-pipe, and thinking out side the "box" makes me think of a good old golf ball, looks like a monkey took a ball peen hammer to it, but there's a reason behind the dents, air get trapped in the holes allowing for greater stability and air flow around the ball.

Until someone decides to flow bench test them $$$ and gets good concrete numbers posted i will hold to that header make little to no difference. just because it looks like hell doesn't mean it works like hell, and most of the forum will agree that the greatest offender of the Maxima exhaust is the stock y-pipe. so before you go claiming i don't know what im talking look up your laws of physics they will blow your mind. being an engineer with experience in thermal dynamics and airflow design i have a good grasp on physics.

oh for further experience it helps that i was trained in building racing engines.

My advice Go with the Y-Pipe it is the easiest install, takes a day versus two or three and it has a well backed reputation, they are cheaper and not just an untested wet dream on an engine stand. oh and the pasesetters will rust unless you drop another $150 for the ceramic coated, and even then dont scratch them then they will rust. they are only made of mild steel. OBX is a better price but still more expensive but at least they are stainless like the WSP Y-Pipe.

Not the prettiest or shiniest but it works great!

Last edited by 300zmax; 08-04-2009 at 10:46 AM.
Old 08-04-2009, 06:20 PM

ehh i dont care if they rust, turn periwinkle all that matters is it improves her performance.

well it looks like i'll be settling for a y pipe.
i'm doing this now becuase i think there's quite a few exhuast studs missing.
Old 08-05-2009, 10:13 PM

I'm glad that you were trained to build race engines...That's cool! Did you ever do it professionally? Well I think we all were trained to do quite a lot but training and doing it as an occupation for several yrs gets more respect for being more legit!!!! I'm just a communications technician... but I spent 10 yrs or more working on engines that spun @ 55,000 rpm, and that flowed more air per minute than most car lots can with all their cars combined, learned thermodynamics in the class and in the field, tearing down hot and cold sections of turbine powerplants and getting paid for it with $$$ and gradification. Aviation is the forefront of every practical thing most hotrodders/race car builders/ engineers/ do to increase safety, reliability, durabilty of thier components down to simple a simple washer or nut. Being able to survive while performing at a phenomenal output level for 1000 of hrs is an awesome undertaking that even some of our great automotive techs/engineers will never grasp... Every high tech item you can think of basically started in aviation from supercharging to turbo-supercharging, ceramic coating, to using titanium or other high strenght alloys, aluminum engine component and parts, ceramic body part or brakes, the list goes on and on....
Anyway I like your ypipe...What's up with the 4 bolt cat?

Last edited by CMax03; 08-05-2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-06-2009, 06:10 AM

I'm glad that you were trained to build race engines...That's cool! Did you ever do it professionally? Well I think we all were trained to do quite a lot but training and doing it as an occupation for several yrs gets more respect for being more legit!!!! I'm just a communications technician... but I spent 10 yrs or more working on engines that spun @ 55,000 rpm, and that flowed more air per minute than most car lots can with all their cars combined, learned thermodynamics in the class and in the field, tearing down hot and cold sections of turbine powerplants and getting paid for it with $$$ and gradification. Aviation is the forefront of every practical thing most hotrodders/race car builders/ engineers/ do to increase safety, reliability, durabilty of thier components down to simple a simple washer or nut. Being able to survive while performing at a phenomenal output level for 1000 of hrs is an awesome undertaking that even some of our great automotive techs/engineers will never grasp... Every high tech item you can think of basically started in aviation from supercharging to turbo-supercharging, ceramic coating, to using titanium or other high strenght alloys, aluminum engine component and parts, ceramic body part or brakes, the list goes on and on....
Anyway I like your ypipe...What's up with the 4 bolt cat?
the flange was a quiky part made for the jig.

i worked for 2 years building engines up here in NJ for dirt track racing. mainly American v8s. i was trained to build nascar engine in NC where the engines must spin at around 9000 rpm continuously operating under load for 10+ hours. ( that is hell for American piston engines)

i am only stating that no one has flow bench the manifolds vs the tubular headers, and if you have i would love to see the results to prove me wrong (i love being proved wrong, its a sick fascination with learning). and i am not contesting the history of avionics it is also the field i am working in as well as medical. Did you work in designing the jet turbines, did you service them? you would love my DIY jet turbine i build out of a sabb turbo and LP gas

the point im making is that for the cost, the headache and own personal experience of using and installing headers, and from the countless articles i have read from 5.0, fast fords, and the various import mags is that headers are a PITA to install in almost every car they are used in and they can rob an engine of power if it is not properly matched to the application. back pressure is a must for the street build car, scavenging can and will suck the fresh fuel and air out of your engine if your headers flow to well. i agree the VG manifolds look like butt inside but as far as manifolds go they are not the worst. the worst part was Nissan attempting to quite the exhaust by turning the rear down tube in toward the front causing the exhaust to appose it self vs compliment and draw it self out.

are we off topic yet?
Old 08-06-2009, 01:46 PM

yes way off.

i had stated that i wanted to improve her 3.5k rpm and up performance.
so a y-pipe and was wanting to add a TRUE cold air intake.

plus i said i was wanting to do this because i think there's a few exhaust studs missing.
Old 08-06-2009, 11:17 PM

Yeah, I don't wanna come off as a know it all...I don't, I'm learning everyday something new and exciting...But yes, you're right! It's all about how the parts working together as a matched package! I do know a former Formula 1 mechanic, designer and fabricator at enginelogics.com here in the surrounding Houston area (Stafford) with a flowbench and he'll be glad to flow both exhaust manifolds, my tubulars vs the VG30E oem's! I've build this engine for lowend torque and that's the main goal is to have very tractable low and midrange for good driving pleasure and an improved topend. Not trying to spend her to high just to 7000 rpm. Thanks to the JWT ecu and Isky Cam, and other goodies in my package!
But yes, the oem VG exh manifold are flowing against itself for sure and that's been one of my main gripes!...Anyway let us know how your Ypipe turns out! What did you paint yours with VHT exhaust paint? I did mine and I'm sure it's gonna be there for a long time!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:17 AM

yes way off.

i had stated that i wanted to improve her 3.5k rpm and up performance.
so a y-pipe and was wanting to add a TRUE cold air intake.

plus i said i was wanting to do this because i think there's a few exhaust studs missing.
Sorry manifolds and headers always gets a few head butts. im excited to find out what Cmax's results are.

the busted studs are OEM, and a PITA to change. when i pulled my z engine apart for rebuild i walked away with two intact stud . i have had great luck with the Y-pipe. i exhaust painted it with paint from eastwood.com. for $15 its well worth it.

Yeah, I don't wanna come off as a know it all...I don't, I'm learning everyday something new and exciting...But yes, you're right! It's all about how the parts working together as a matched package! I do know a former Formula 1 mechanic, designer and fabricator at enginelogics.com here in the surrounding Houston area (Stafford) with a flowbench and he'll be glad to flow both exhaust manifolds, my tubulars vs the VG30E oem's! I've build this engine for lowend torque and that's the main goal is to have very tractable low and midrange for good driving pleasure and an improved topend. Not trying to spend her to high just to 7000 rpm. Thanks to the JWT ecu and Isky Cam, and other goodies in my package!
But yes, the oem VG exh manifold are flowing against itself for sure and that's been one of my main gripes!...Anyway let us know how your Ypipe turns out! What did you paint yours with VHT exhaust paint? I did mine and I'm sure it's gonna be there for a long time!
yes high exhaust temp paint. hides some of my drunken welds . Oh read the instructions i didn't and the paint came off after two days. oops. second coat doing better .

ive been around the track alot and i dont mean as well to be a know it all but from what i have seen, what the old timers have told me, and what i learned is that this argument goes back to rum running, and there is no right answer other than to ask "what is you goal, and how do you plan to drive it?"

good luck 1992maximase30 take pictures!
Old 08-07-2009, 06:30 AM

i went with the WSP Y-Pipe and cat. i love it and i did notice a gain in power. plus i love the drone it does while shifting gears. i have the stock muffler as well which is very quiet and love it like that.
Old 08-07-2009, 10:03 AM
Newbie - Just Registered

an exhaust system needs to be tuned, flow is not everything. the biggest things for headers is to have the propper amount of flow and tube lenght, each cylinder has a pulse when it fires this pulse needs the propper amount of back pressure, lower rpm motors that build more bottom end tourqe do better with a shorter hearder. a higher rpm motor that builds more horsepower on the upper rpm range would be effective with a long tube header because the cylinder pulses are alot closer together traveling though the header tubes. for example a top fuel dragster runs with open headers because it has 2000 hp and is probably turning 12,000 rpms. run open headers on your ve30de or tempo or what you may have and it would most likely run like crap and sound that way to, but it would have more flow right? look at a set of costom tuned headers for a 5.0 L mustang they are probably the ugliest thing you will ever see, they tune the length of each tube for the pulses from its cylinder. i guess i kinda got away from my point wich i cant even remember now somthing along the lines of a pacecetter header is just some tubes welded together it would flow better than a manifold it will sound better and you might see some power gains up top if you can get your motor to rev that high.
Old 08-07-2009, 12:41 PM

Originally Posted by the roach
an exhaust system needs to be tuned, flow is not everything. the biggest things for headers is to have the propper amount of flow and tube lenght, each cylinder has a pulse when it fires this pulse needs the propper amount of back pressure, lower rpm motors that build more bottom end tourqe do better with a shorter hearder. a higher rpm motor that builds more horsepower on the upper rpm range would be effective with a long tube header because the cylinder pulses are alot closer together traveling though the header tubes. for example a top fuel dragster runs with open headers because it has 2000 hp and is probably turning 12,000 rpms. run open headers on your ve30de or tempo or what you may have and it would most likely run like crap and sound that way to, but it would have more flow right? look at a set of costom tuned headers for a 5.0 L mustang they are probably the ugliest thing you will ever see, they tune the length of each tube for the pulses from its cylinder. i guess i kinda got away from my point wich i cant even remember now somthing along the lines of a pacecetter header is just some tubes welded together it would flow better than a manifold it will sound better and you might see some power gains up top if you can get your motor to rev that high.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:10 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

ehhh sorry to much coffe i guess i was just kinda rambling on lol.
Old 08-07-2009, 01:17 PM
Newbie - Just Registered

Originally Posted by 300zmax
the flange was a quiky part made for the jig.

i worked for 2 years building engines up here in NJ for dirt track racing. mainly American v8s. i was trained to build nascar engine in NC where the engines must spin at around 9000 rpm continuously operating under load for 10+ hours. ( that is hell for American piston engines)

i am only stating that no one has flow bench the manifolds vs the tubular headers, and if you have i would love to see the results to prove me wrong (i love being proved wrong, its a sick fascination with learning). and i am not contesting the history of avionics it is also the field i am working in as well as medical. Did you work in designing the jet turbines, did you service them? you would love my DIY jet turbine i build out of a sabb turbo and LP gas

the point im making is that for the cost, the headache and own personal experience of using and installing headers, and from the countless articles i have read from 5.0, fast fords, and the various import mags is that headers are a PITA to install in almost every car they are used in and they can rob an engine of power if it is not properly matched to the application. back pressure is a must for the street build car, scavenging can and will suck the fresh fuel and air out of your engine if your headers flow to well. i agree the VG manifolds look like butt inside but as far as manifolds go they are not the worst. the worst part was Nissan attempting to quite the exhaust by turning the rear down tube in toward the front causing the exhaust to appose it self vs compliment and draw it self out.

are we off topic yet?
i havent even looked at the stock y pipe yet. cant believe nissan would set it up that way. i bet it would be easy to utilize the stock down tubes and tie them into a $30 pre made y collector then just conect to the stock flex pipe it would probably do wonders for power up top
Old 08-08-2009, 10:09 AM

cmax03 spinning an engine at 7k i know what thats like.
i LOVE THAT SOUND.
when the q45 does that.

but i recently cleaned my k-&-n filter and noticed a difference there and when ever the "secondaries" open you can hear it wistle! and loud too.

there's been times i wanted to get a another ve but i dunno...this vg has something over me. so i will keep you guys posted.
ima do the cold air intake first and i have a way to do it also.

Last edited by 1992maximase30; 08-08-2009 at 10:14 AM.
Old 08-08-2009, 04:37 PM

I've had pacesetter headers on my car and they were ok when the were working properly. The high end was incredible. The problem is that they don't fit all the well , I had to have my friend who is a mechanic fix the setup maybe 5 or 6 times before I took them off. I kept blowing them apart at the seals, it was the biggest PIA I have ever had to deal with I eventually went with the Warpspeed Y pipe and haven't had a problem since. It goes especially nicely with my Greddy SP2. Just my 2 Cents though. I still have my old set if your interested. -Charlie-
Old 08-08-2009, 04:58 PM

cmax03 spinning an engine at 7k i know what thats like.
i LOVE THAT SOUND.
when the q45 does that.

but i recently cleaned my k-&-n filter and noticed a difference there and when ever the "secondaries" open you can hear it wistle! and loud too.

there's been times i wanted to get a another ve but i dunno...this vg has something over me. so i will keep you guys posted.
ima do the cold air intake first and i have a way to do it also.
That VG has you whipped!!! Mine might be a bit loud also, since I'm using JWT popcharger (they are known to really roar, probably even when I don't want it too!) So hopefully I'll be whipped as well SOON!
Old 08-08-2009, 06:09 PM

yep she does...but now i have another issue.
both my cousin and sister wants the car.
more than likely my sister'll get her.
but got me thinking maybe i can get a ve again.
Old 08-09-2009, 01:24 AM

Originally Posted by xMaxed90x
I've had pacesetter headers on my car and they were ok when the were working properly. The high end was incredible. The problem is that they don't fit all the well , I had to have my friend who is a mechanic fix the setup maybe 5 or 6 times before I took them off. I kept blowing them apart at the seals, it was the biggest PIA I have ever had to deal with I eventually went with the Warpspeed Y pipe and haven't had a problem since. It goes especially nicely with my Greddy SP2. Just my 2 Cents though. I still have my old set if your interested. -Charlie-
Seals(gaskets) is what you mean? I've never used any of the gasket that came with headers kits, they've alway been lower quality than the Oem...I remember speaking to a Pacesetter Tech Rep/engineer as to why they chose to not utilize a flex section @ the collector section? He stated..."To reduce cost!" That's why them used that 3 ball and socket flange setup! Which is a very reliable flange, no gaskets needed but including a simple flex section would've made a lot more fans happy, and allowed the engine to move in a wider range without causing exhaust leaks! As for hitting the rack nad pinion assembly. A simple die grinder on the 15-20mm wide, 2.25"-3 bolt circle manifold collector flange will clear the rack
... I believe there's less grinding needed on a Pacesetter setup than a OBX 5.5 gen header setup! Sometimes it's necessary to modify the Mod, in order to perfect the fit and reduce the headeache! There's not many aftermarket components that I hadn't tweaked a little bit more to enhance the performance yet! Example: like adding ceramic coating to an exhaust header assy....port matching an aftermaket intake manifold...you get my drift?

Last edited by CMax03; 08-09-2009 at 01:27 AM.
Old 08-09-2009, 08:49 AM
STFU n00b!

Are you guys done verbally jacking off yet?

The jist of anyone that's had experience with the Pacesetter headers is that they fit like crap and don't hold up. Why would you want to put something on your car that doesn't fit and must be modified to work properly in the first place, then when you DO get it on there, it keeps breaking because of the low quality? That's just stupid.

Another thing you guys missed is that the OEM Y pipe is actually an equal-length pipe. The rear manifold flow doesn't come forward and dump directly into the front manifold's flow. There's a bend there that redirects it, however short the bend may be. It's actually a quite well designed piece, albeit smaller diameter, than the aftermarket units.
Old 08-09-2009, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Matt93SE
Are you guys done verbally jacking off yet?

The jist of anyone that's had experience with the Pacesetter headers is that they fit like crap and don't hold up. Why would you want to put something on your car that doesn't fit and must be modified to work properly in the first place, then when you DO get it on there, it keeps breaking because of the low quality? That's just stupid.

Another thing you guys missed is that the OEM Y pipe is actually an equal-length pipe. The rear manifold flow doesn't come forward and dump directly into the front manifold's flow. There's a bend there that redirects it, however short the bend may be. It's actually a quite well designed piece, albeit smaller diameter, than the aftermarket units.
You mean like your RSTB that didn't came with any jam nuts, so I installed some. Or your LTB on the 3rd, 4th or 5th which sometime requires a diegrinder as well! Or installing a VQ35DE into some P.O.S. 3rd or 4th gen? Or Installing a Pathfinder intake on your Maxima engine (In which your intake system will need to be modified to fit)! Or installing 300zx calipers and rotors on a Maxima? The list can go on and on if you know what I mean...? PPL been performing Frankenstein setups on Nissan's, Hondas,Toyotas, Madzas, Mopars, Chevys, Fords, etc, for decades!
If it requires pieces from a certain builder/manufacture to accomplish your goal and you have to fabricating skills or insight to overcome the shortcoming of a component...That's just called ingenuity!
I suggest you bend or become more flexible too other ppl's approach...there are always more ways than yours to skin cat!
Old 08-09-2009, 02:26 PM

yea...my gxe came with active speaker system.
i installed bose.
Old 08-10-2009, 11:36 AM
Please. Call me John. I insist

So are you getting world famous Pacesetter headers or what? A few people have already stated what I mentioned to you that day, lol doesnt sound like fun, especially neither of us owning a die grinder..

Just get the warspeed y pipe, and a udp to free up some power and call it a day.

Just my opinion, dont take it offensively but I'd focus on fixing all the minor things and details with your interior and exterior prior to modding some more. I made that mistake with my third gen and let the body rot while I'm over there doing other stuff.
Old 08-10-2009, 03:44 PM

You mean like your RSTB that didn't came with any jam nuts, so I installed some. Or your LTB on the 3rd, 4th or 5th which sometime requires a diegrinder as well! Or installing a VQ35DE into some P.O.S. 3rd or 4th gen? Or Installing a Pathfinder intake on your Maxima engine (In which your intake system will need to be modified to fit)! Or installing 300zx calipers and rotors on a Maxima? The list can go on and on if you know what I mean...? PPL been performing Frankenstein setups on Nissan's, Hondas,Toyotas, Madzas, Mopars, Chevys, Fords, etc, for decades!
If it requires pieces from a certain builder/manufacture to accomplish your goal and you have to fabricating skills or insight to overcome the shortcoming of a component...That's just called ingenuity!
I suggest you bend or become more flexible too other ppl's approach...there are always more ways than yours to skin cat!
i hope you didnt require this approch with thoughs 50,000 RPM jet turbines?
Old 08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
STFU n00b!

So when did you buy an RSTB that didn't have jam nuts? You may find it worthy to note I sold the business four years ago and don't have any control over what they shipped you. It's not like it matters anyway since the bar can't turn- or even move at all- once both ends are bolted onto the strut tops and the bar wedged into the little fold in the rear deck.

Also note that if the LTB was installed correctly, it would NOT require a die grinder to fit. I have installed 20-30 of them myself and never had to do more than make a minor adjustment in a bend to make things line up on a particular car. That is not what I consider a low quality or defective part.

Having to make major modifications to even install the part and having poor quality gaskets that must be replaced before the original install IS what I call a poor product.

'Adapting' a product designed for one car to fit another is fine. What isn't fine is a company marketing a product from one car to fit another car that it actually doesn't. *supposedly*, the pacesetter headers are adapted from the Z31 fittment, but I haven't seen them ever fit on a Z31 to know. (The Z31 crowd agrees they're crap too).
Old 08-10-2009, 07:21 PM

i knew this was gonna happen. guys, we all know that pacesetter headers suck on fitting correctly to the VG heads on our 3rd gens. get over it. don't waste your money on them just buy the damn WSP Y-pipe and cat and get on with it. think about it mostly everyone on here who has/had a 3rd gen will tell you that they will go with just a WSP unit and call it a day over the crap that pacesetter offers.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:20 PM

Talk about beating a dead horse.
Old 08-10-2009, 09:31 PM

Originally Posted by GRNMAXDMON
i knew this was gonna happen. guys, we all know that pacesetter headers suck on fitting correctly to the VG heads on our 3rd gens. get over it. don't waste your money on them just buy the damn WSP Y-pipe and cat and get on with it. think about it mostly everyone on here who has/had a 3rd gen will tell you that they will go with just a WSP unit and call it a day over the crap that pacesetter offers.
Yeah, you're right!!! They suck!!!

Originally Posted by Dhunterx
Talk about beating a dead horse.
Yeah, you're right too! But I think i just saw that horse move somemore...I'll put it to sleep with my AA12!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:20 AM

Yeah, you're right too! But I think i just saw that horse move somemore...I'll put it to sleep with my AA12!

LMAO!!! Carlton you stupid. :wink:
Old 08-11-2009, 12:22 AM

LMAO to the 10th power!
Old 08-11-2009, 12:33 AM

LMAO!!! Carlton you stupid. :wink:

Quick Reply: pacesetter headers w y pipe or wsp y pipe?...