3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

the weirdest thing

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 11:09 AM

the weirdest thing

so i went out to eat before i go to work, right when i pull out this Silverado pulls behind me. it keeps following me, and when i get into my residential area he still follows me. i park infront of my place and he parks right behind me, i was worried I was in crap for speeding or going a bit fast in a residential area

first thing he yells, I WANNA BUY YOUR CAR! all he said is how much and i just said i would never sell it, he said he's never seen one in as good condition as mine and how all-out Nissan went with this car. seemed a tad pizzed i wouldnt sell it though

i MIGHT have traded for a R32 skyline if i know he would care for my 3rd gen good
Old 09-04-2009, 06:21 PM

Originally Posted by chrome91
so i went out to eat before i go to work, right when i pull out this Silverado pulls behind me. it keeps following me, and when i get into my residential area he still follows me. i park infront of my place and he parks right behind me, i was worried I was in crap for speeding or going a bit fast in a residential area

first thing he yells, I WANNA BUY YOUR CAR! all he said is how much and i just said i would never sell it, he said he's never seen one in as good condition as mine and how all-out Nissan went with this car. seemed a tad pizzed i wouldnt sell it though

i MIGHT have traded for a R32 skyline if i know he would care for my 3rd gen good
I don't think it was about the car, no offence. He might just made it up at the spot. You should've asked how much he was going to buy it for .
Old 09-04-2009, 06:46 PM

lol, he wanted that thing. it was awkward though, i got half out and he came out and stared at it. all i said is yeah? then he paused for a bit and said I WANNA BUY YOUR CAR!

i would've talked longer but i had to go to work, really the only thing i would give up my 3rd gen for is a R32 and even that would be tough
Old 09-04-2009, 07:17 PM

Dam you never lead someone to your house especially someone interested in your ride!
Old 09-04-2009, 07:44 PM

no kidding. i had no idea what he wanted following me. i live across from a school so i thought maybe that was it, just coincidence he was going my way

he left before i went in the house, but still its a general idea of where i am

for safety sake i'm parking in the garage even during the day for a few weeks
Old 09-05-2009, 07:20 AM

wow that is wierd, I had almost the same thing happen to me a few times. I was at restaurant going into the drive thru, and this lady flagged me down telling me she wanted to buy my car because she wrecked hers! Then this guy at autozone said he wanted to buy it also. He reffers to this generation maxima as "the last of the good ones" he says. I said i wasnt going to sell it, the car has been so reliable, and sometimes it just loves to be driven. If the engine or the tranny blow, I think I will just replace them, because of how reliable the car has been, even though it has little annoying problems like fuel injectors, and squeaky suspension, I dont think I would sell or trade it.
Old 09-05-2009, 09:03 AM

lol, that's weird

really the only other things are at the mall here i get a few people by the doors yell nice car and one time when i was in a 7-11 some lady asked if it was my car, and i thought i parked in a handicap spot or something. she said she has the same one and its a awesome car, thats it
Old 09-07-2009, 06:20 AM

another weird thing.

yesterday, i had to drive down the "bad side of the tracks" to get home. i was minding my own business and surprisingly not speeding, and theres 3 guys standing in a parking lot. i dont stare or anything, and all the sudden out of the corner of my eye i see a white ball smoke the right side of my max and it made the rock-to-windshield sound. i kept driving and flipped em but i dont know what that white ball was, must have been a marble or slingshot pellet.

only good things are i was driving with my front windows open, it could have smoked me, and i cant see any damage so it must have hit my rear right passenger window