3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Thanks for everything people......

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2010, 07:16 PM

Thanks for everything people......

Its with a slight bit of regret that I announce that I have officially sold my Maxima today. I got $2200 for it in the end so not a bad deal that I used it for 5 years and only lost $1200 on it not counting all the maintenance work I did. She was a faithful ride, never let my family down once and served us well. It was my wifes learner car, and our first car together. It brought home both of our daughters from the hospital. It helped us move, renovate, rebuild and construct all sorts of things. I even managed to squeeze in an elliptical machine still in the box! It took us to zoos, flower shows, birthdays, it even took my friend to his wedding when his limo didn't show up on time, and also brought him and his new wife back home when the limo company never sent the limo to pick them up. (The car lasted longer than the marriage lol)

So this turns another page in my history book and ends this chapter. Thank you to all who gave advice or info or parts or any other help I needed along the way to keep the max running tip top. This is a great forum with lots of good people so I hope it continues to thrive to help others as well. Take care guys and keep the engines humming.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:18 PM
¯\(°_o)/¯

Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 PM

Sounds like some good memories, I like the part about the marriage haha.

You didn't get a BMW did you?
Old 03-11-2010, 07:38 PM

Nope, we got a stormy blue Mazda 5. Loving it so far, not a lot of HP but its an eager revver with a 5 speed auto so it scoots and it handles better than it has a right to! Basically its a mazda 3 with a wagon body, seating for 6 and sliding doors. I will miss the Maxima though, my 3 year old was hysterical watching our "black car" drive away.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:55 PM

Nice, everyone I know that has a mazda likes it. It is sad to see a car go though.
Old 03-11-2010, 07:57 PM

Originally Posted by Gunther
Sounds like some good memories, I like the part about the marriage haha.

You didn't get a BMW did you?

Sounds like the old Maxima did a good job for you.
Old 03-11-2010, 08:08 PM

another one gone

those Mazdas are cool though, not as big as a regular van like a Odyssey but has the sliding door
Old 03-12-2010, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by TWINTRBO
Nope, we got a stormy blue Mazda 5. Loving it so far, not a lot of HP but its an eager revver with a 5 speed auto so it scoots and it handles better than it has a right to! Basically its a mazda 3 with a wagon body, seating for 6 and sliding doors. I will miss the Maxima though, my 3 year old was hysterical watching our "black car" drive away.
Yeah, IMO those are like subcompact minivans...and are really a cute ride. I wanted to buy my wife one with 18k miles for about $15K a couple yrs ago...but she said the car was ugly...I drove it and it's an awesome little vehicle with alot of available accessories and space for those interested...
Old 03-12-2010, 04:32 PM

Tell you what...as time goes on you're gonna miss that car. I was all Gunho when I sold my 4th gen. Been missing her ever since. That car was almost maintenance free for nine years all I did was replace the 02 sensors. My 5.5 had so many issues it led me to the org now I'm the proud father of 2.5 Maximas. Maxima forever!!! Don't pay me no mind boys I've been driving Nissan twenty some odd years I don't know no better.

Last edited by Augustus Maximus; 03-12-2010 at 04:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2010, 05:33 PM

Yeah we had a good run with the 93' I did a lot of preventative maintenance right off the bat so it was trouble free the whole time from a mechanical standpoint. Not a perfect car, but name one that is! We love the Mazda 5 so far, the color is awesome and since it shares alot of Mazda 3 platform parts, it drives like a car not a boat like the odyssey does. For our 2 kids, the sliding door is the bees knees, they close with a finger tip and makes 3rd row access easy unlike most 3rd row crossovers or SUV's. We also got a great deal on it. It's a brand new 09 leftover and we paid 18K for it which was just over $4000 under sticker.
Old 03-12-2010, 07:22 PM
Way out West

I have been thinking about the Mazda5 a lot. I really like them and I would like to get in the high 20s for mpg on the freeway. We drive on the freeway kind of a lot, plus my wife does a lot of putting around in town in between trips.

It is just soooo hard to give up the FX35.
Old 03-13-2010, 10:21 AM

If your 3 year old was hysterical seeing it drive away, I expect to see her here with one of her own when she's old enough to drive My parents bought one new when I was 10 and I've been hooked ever since, totaled it when I was 20 which made me borderline hysterical

But yeah, that's a lot of memories to sell off. Good luck with the Pasta.
Old 03-13-2010, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
I have been thinking about the Mazda5 a lot. I really like them and I would like to get in the high 20s for mpg on the freeway. We drive on the freeway kind of a lot, plus my wife does a lot of putting around in town in between trips.

It is just soooo hard to give up the FX35.
So far I have done only local stop and go here in NYC and I only got 20 MPG on the last tank but I think its all still new and tight so it should get better. Most people on the Mazda forum report around 24 in town and as high as 30 on long trips. I'm really enjoying it so far, it drives far better than it has any right to especially considering it has the capability to carry 6 people pretty comfortably.