3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Window tint

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
ujm

Window tint

Well, I am debating on if the windows should be tinted or not......

This is the first car I have had in a long time that has no tint on the windows, it is weird, like, well, I dunno -

Thoughts on tint?

I've got a quote of $150.00 to do them all, fair?
Old 04-06-2010, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by ujm
Well, I am debating on if the windows should be tinted or not......

This is the first car I have had in a long time that has no tint on the windows, it is weird, like, well, I dunno -

Thoughts on tint?

I've got a quote of $150.00 to do them all, fair?
How is the law in your state with tints...

I say do it....makes the car stand out...and by the way...that is how much I paid all the way around on my max...
Old 04-06-2010, 04:59 PM
Banned

I paid $120 for my rear and side windows. Going to get the sunroof tinted later. But i like it. Definitely sets my car out, if the police is strict in your area don't go too dark from your legal limit.
Old 04-06-2010, 09:03 PM

if you get really dark you will get pulled over for minor things since cops think they can possibly bust you for pot or something because they think limo tint means youre hiding something, i want to get mine done lightly but lots of people i know have even not signaled and they have tint but got pulled over, ive not signaled right infront of a cop (and not stopped at a red light before turning right at the same time) and he didnt care, but my buddies have done minor stuff and gotten a ticket just because the tint basically ticks off cops

honestly i think i personally will wait until i get a Skyline and am able to make the Maxima a weekend/night car to get tint and just go fullout limo
Old 04-06-2010, 09:54 PM

Don'g go too dark. around 25% is good, perfect balance of being dark to reduce heat and bright sunlight as well as stopping people from seeing in as easily. If you go much darker it makes it a real PITA to back up at night since you cannot see diddly.
Old 04-06-2010, 10:43 PM

Yeah, my wifey just asked if I was gonna tint the 3rd Gen? I want to but I kinda like not having tinted windows....But that Dam Texas baking oven will definitely make you go the tinted route eventually....Got a chance to run the a/c lately and dam that thing is spitting out ice cubes and sleet..... I think 15% is the darkest you can go on the front windows (IIRC) but I'll keep it uniform throughout....LLumar more than likely...about $120 w/a lifetime warranty!
Old 04-10-2010, 01:10 AM

I got a quote for $125 to redo my whole car 25% im thinking 20% not sure whats on there now because it came on the car but my cousin had 5% on his car and got pulled ticket was $180... My tint is dark but ive gotten pulled for other things and never got a comment about the tint i guesss because the back window is not tinted im not sure but yeah the 20s should be good
Old 04-16-2010, 11:25 PM

Tinted windows have alot of advantages to them offers privacy cooler temp in car saves the interior too i think plus just looks cool
150 isnt bad for basically 7 windows
id check the laws in your state about window tint before you have it done dont rely on the window tinter... ALSO to make window tint last you need to use a proper cleaner for its a glass cleaner called "Sparkle" its safe for window tint
(the cars you see on the road that has the bubbles on them like a bad sunburn! is from improper washing of the tinted windows!!)
lets us know how it goes!!