3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.
View Poll Results: How many times has your 3rd gen maxima gotten broken into?
80.77%
11.54%
0%
3.85%
0%
5+
3.85%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Car got broken into again...

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2010, 11:13 AM

Car got broken into again...

So I wake up this morning to find my maxima broken into yet again by some one smashing the vent glass, this is the 3rd time this has happened to me since I got this car 4 years ago. I was curious to see if anyone else has this problem? The good news is the stock alarm scared them away when they reached in to unlock the car. Time to track down and replace the window again.... at least I'm practically a pro at changing windows by now lol
Old 06-06-2010, 11:34 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

That sucks. I'm at 8 or 9 (or maybe even more, I really can't keep up anymore). Well, actually, the VE of mine that kept getting broken into was sold about a month or so back. On my two current VE's I have no break-ins
Old 06-06-2010, 08:34 PM
Way out West

Originally Posted by Sgibb
So I wake up this morning to find my maxima broken into yet again by some one smashing the vent glass, this is the 3rd time this has happened to me since I got this car 4 years ago. I was curious to see if anyone else has this problem? The good news is the stock alarm scared them away when they reached in to unlock the car. Time to track down and replace the window again.... at least I'm practically a pro at changing windows by now lol
Are you talking about the small window in the rear?

How do you get that out? I was thinking about yanking them on my parts car for just this reason, but I am not too bright when it comes to some things.

My car has never been broken into (knock on wood) but it has been garaged at least since the late 1990s.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:39 PM
2 VE's are better than one!

Originally Posted by Cliff Clavin
Are you talking about the small window in the rear?

How do you get that out? I was thinking about yanking them on my parts car for just this reason, but I am not too bright when it comes to some things.

My car has never been broken into (knock on wood) but it has been garaged at least since the late 1990s.
Pull the door molding back right above the bar/channel that separates the quarter window and the other glass. There's a small phillips head screw there.

You also need to take the door panel off and there's a 10mm bolt (or maybe two) that holds the other end of the bar/channel. Once you get that phillips head screw out and that 10mm bolt (or maybe two), then you can move the bar/channel (you'll have to roll the main glass down), and then work the quarter glass out. Really pretty easy.
Old 06-06-2010, 08:42 PM

Hmm I think If you have dark tint and some nice rims that would make you more of a target than someone who has light tint and no rims. Thas jus my opinion though. I am thinking about reconnecting my stock alarm.
Old 06-06-2010, 09:05 PM
Please. Call me John. I insist

My Maximas havent been broken into but the g/fs got broken into the day before her bday in 2006 when it was IN my garage. Morons didn't expect an old car to have a factory alarm and they ran out with the ashtray which I later found down the alley. I replaced the small window that same day...

Cliff, James pretty much nailed the process. I have all 3rd gen spare windows just in case and I also have the front 4th gens just in case
Old 06-07-2010, 05:24 AM

Never been broken in yet, then again there's not much to steal at least for now. Plus the fact that I live in an area that doesn't have a high crime rate to start with.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:56 AM
Way out West

Originally Posted by James92SE
Pull the door molding back right above the bar/channel that separates the quarter window and the other glass. There's a small phillips head screw there.

You also need to take the door panel off and there's a 10mm bolt (or maybe two) that holds the other end of the bar/channel. Once you get that phillips head screw out and that 10mm bolt (or maybe two), then you can move the bar/channel (you'll have to roll the main glass down), and then work the quarter glass out. Really pretty easy.
I didn't really look at it that close or try to pull back molding.

I will take those out for spares. I already have the panels off, the regulators out and the main rear glass out. haha
Old 06-07-2010, 10:37 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
Morons didn't expect an old car to have a factory alarm and they ran out with the ashtray which I later found down the alley.
Haha
Old 06-09-2010, 06:18 PM

my old 3rd gen maxima was never "forcefully" broken into, but i was a victim of someone using a set of 3rd gen keys to steal my entire car.

i realized this back in the day when me and a few buddies used to all own 3rd gens and it was funny that i used to be able to open my buddies car with MY KEY and his key used to be able to open up another buddies car.
Old 06-09-2010, 08:49 PM

Originally Posted by 5 ltr. beater
i realized this back in the day when me and a few buddies used to all own 3rd gens and it was funny that i used to be able to open my buddies car with MY KEY and his key used to be able to open up another buddies car.
really? i thought 3rd gens would have been better than that with keys. IIRC older Toyotas and especially Hondas were bad for that, and those ghost keys you can get on Ebay can unlock and start old Hondas with no problem

now watch, a bunch of 3rd gen owners at Maxus are going to try to steal other peoples 3rd gens and joyride them
Old 06-09-2010, 10:00 PM

with one of the keys in my old VG I could start the car and take the key out of the ignition :/
Old 06-10-2010, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by ColombianMax
My Maximas havent been broken into but the g/fs got broken into the day before her bday in 2006 when it was IN my garage. Morons didn't expect an old car to have a factory alarm and they ran out with the ashtray which I later found down the alley. I replaced the small window that same day...

Cliff, James pretty much nailed the process. I have all 3rd gen spare windows just in case and I also have the front 4th gens just in case
Hell I need to finish doing the same thing. I have all the passenger side now I need the driver side.
Old 06-17-2010, 03:34 PM

I've only had my car keybumped once, got it back thankfully (with all my tools stolen )

My old 87 Subaru GL However..... 3 times I think.