3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

stance???

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by badazzsupamax
I have no idea what O.P means. But I wanted to know, since so much time had passed. I thought that within the 3 years that passed, that he might have accomplished a lot with his build, seeing how money doesn't grow on trees n all. Is there anyone else that has stanced their 3rd gen?
it was posted 3 years ago...original post.

if someone else has a "stanced" 3rd gen i'm pretty sure you would have seen it by now. the reason why you don't see it because the 3rd gens are not made for the stance look...yup it wasn't built for it.

from the factory the strut have a super short travel so if you lower or stance the car even more your strut/suspension travel probably end up to be a few inches which is really not much for normal driving.

the 4th gen and newer cars has a taller strut hence they can probably get away with a bigger drop which can give you that flush look and etc.

if you're really hell bent on getting that dumped look on your car then consider getting bags in the suspension or you better start learning how to fabricate your own strut and coil overs.

if you don't really care about function and just want a car that look like it's riding one inch off the ground there's always the option of taking a hacksaw to your springs. i'm sure your car will ride like garbage while it bottoms out on the bump stop at every divot in the road.
Old 02-15-2014, 01:34 PM
Got Retrofit?

Name:  61bd2b6da9fef6c9aa7f0375ed663dc6_zpsb1a0e797.jpg
Views: 1157
Size:  46.9 KB
Old 02-15-2014, 01:36 PM

im gonna stance mine j/k

then im gonna plastidip it
Old 02-15-2014, 01:37 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by ChrisMan287
lets see him take a bump going 25mph
Old 02-15-2014, 02:39 PM

Originally Posted by DanNY
lets see him take a bump going 25mph
this. that looks undriveable, if he hit a bump at 50k or hit a big dip at 80k, those fenders are eating tire

i like lowered cars that tuck tire like my 3rd gen did, but stance crap like that makes me gag. lowering a bit adds function and looks good, stance crap has no function
Old 02-15-2014, 06:01 PM

if you don't really care about function and just want a car that look like it's riding one inch off the ground there's always the option of taking a hacksaw to your springs. i'm sure your car will ride like garbage while it bottoms out on the bump stop at every divot in the road.
A friend at school told me cutting lowering springs isn't really that bad. Cutting stock springs though, is bad.

I'd like to cut a coil off of my intrax because I'd like .5" lower than what James car looks like.
Old 02-15-2014, 07:45 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Originally Posted by CarlW
A friend at school told me cutting lowering springs isn't really that bad. Cutting stock springs though, is bad.

I'd like to cut a coil off of my intrax because I'd like .5" lower than what James car looks like.
so cutting stock springs...yeah that's just bad idea all around.
cutting a progressive coil spring is "ok" but keep in mind the dead coils on the springs (seems like they are always compressed) is in there to act like spacers when the suspension off loads. if you cut too much off you'll run the chance your spring coming out of the perch..i'm sure that's not a safe set up. so you can try it and see what happens but keep in mind you're losing whatever comfort you have/had and trading it in for .5 inch of looks. just don't complain about how poorly the car handles after you cut the coil or how bumpy it is.

if the intrax springs are static coils then cutting them is just as bad as cutting factory springs.

like i said in the other thread...your car...your money.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:32 AM

Originally Posted by chrome91
this. that looks undriveable, if he hit a bump at 50k or hit a big dip at 80k, those fenders are eating tire

i like lowered cars that tuck tire like my 3rd gen did, but stance crap like that makes me gag. lowering a bit adds function and looks good, stance crap has no function
Were your k sport gt springs progressive?
Old 02-16-2014, 08:18 AM

if someone else has a "stanced" 3rd gen i'm pretty sure you would have seen it by now. the reason why you don't see it because the 3rd gens are not made for the stance look...yup it wasn't built for it.

from the factory the strut have a super short travel so if you lower or stance the car even more your strut/suspension travel probably end up to be a few inches which is really not much for normal driving.

the 4th gen and newer cars has a taller strut hence they can probably get away with a bigger drop which can give you that flush look and etc.

if you're really hell bent on getting that dumped look on your car then consider getting bags in the suspension or you better start learning how to fabricate your own strut and coil overs.

Yea, thats why i wouldnt bother using small *** 15 & 16inch rims like everyone else. I think that may have alot to do with it. My remedy would be using 18 or 19 inch rims and then only lowering it 1.5 to 2inches. The kit then makes up for it and makes the car look lower. But thats just my take on it.
Old 02-21-2014, 04:47 PM

Originally Posted by badazzsupamax
I have no idea what O.P means. But I wanted to know, since so much time had passed. I thought that within the 3 years that passed, that he might have accomplished a lot with his build, seeing how money doesn't grow on trees n all. Is there anyone else that has stanced their 3rd gen?
OP = Original Poster.

too much money and time and scraping of oil pan = not good. leave as is.