3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Maxima wont turn over security prblm

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 09:19 AM

Maxima wont turn over security prblm

Hello all well i tried to start my maxima after cleaning out the fuel and all but the car wont turn over.

The previous owner had a 3rd party anti theft system installed and the vibration sensitivity was so high my parents had it removed not by the same person who installed it either

the factory alarm goes off on the car like its supposed to but every time it does the anti thief ignition preventer starts. now why is this bad? because after i completely disable the alarm system and try to start the car there seems to be an interruption in the electrical system of the car resetting the alarm system so the car cant turn over and repeats over and over.

Do you guys think this is happening because of faulty wiring from ther car not having its 3rd party alarm system taken off from the original person? and what would you suggest i do to fix this problem?
Old 02-02-2012, 01:55 PM

I had this issue but no 3rd party alarm just factory. I went under the drivers kick panel and unplugged the the security box. once that was done problem was solved.
Old 02-04-2012, 05:15 AM

so you unlock the door with the key and the factory alarm goes off(horn honks)?i dont think the key in the ignition turns off the alarm
so use the trunk or door lock to stop the alarm, not the ignition

IF SO try turning the key in the trunk before the door since the door lock sensors
seem to corrode more than the trunk key turning sensor

*OR... did you keep the keyless entry and it simulates someone unlocking without the key which sets off the factory alarm

I sometimes use my aftermarket AND my factory alarm sometimes,depending......

(if i hear the aftermarket siren only ,this tells me it detected shock or window breakage or some fart can rhonda farted by)

(if i hear the aftermarket siren and cars horn honking together,this tells me someones actually in the car or trunk)
in which case ....war were declared

Last edited by maximagician; 02-04-2012 at 05:21 AM.
Old 02-07-2012, 08:57 PM

yes thanks for your suggestions what we did was go into the engine and pull out the a/theft system fuse box which allowed the car to start and im glad to say after sitting for 3 strait years she started right off the bat and even idled at 800 rpm