3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

bmw headlight conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2014, 05:19 AM

bmw headlight conversion

Is this the right one to buy?

http://pages.ebay.com/motors/link/?n...d=301063944124
Old 02-05-2014, 10:23 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

Yes
Old 02-05-2014, 11:22 AM

Originally Posted by TonyJr

Or if you wanna stand out a little more, you can get the other E36 headlights...the ones you see in my signature. They get all kinds of crazy attention. I believe it was $180 for the pair and they fit and install no differently from the ones in the link you provided. And btw, they are HID so at night, with the bright blue lights along with the yellow fogs at the bottom, they truly look SICK!!
Old 02-05-2014, 07:45 PM

Originally Posted by badazzsupamax
Or if you wanna stand out a little more, you can get the other E36 headlights...the ones you see in my signature. They get all kinds of crazy attention. I believe it was $180 for the pair and they fit and install no differently from the ones in the link you provided. And btw, they are HID so at night, with the bright blue lights along with the yellow fogs at the bottom, they truly look SICK!!
That is a nice look. Do you have a link to those ones?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:14 AM

Originally Posted by ac max 92
That is a nice look. Do you have a link to those ones?
Dam, it was harder than I thought to find them. These are basically the same but with a clear cover and LED strip. They may actually look better, but they are the same size. To get them to go in flush you will have to do just a little fabricating, or cutting. Then they will slide right in. Then buy the HID kit for them and have everything wired by someone who knows what they're doing and your good to go. These are sexy tho

http://www.popscreen.com/p/MTMwMjkxM...1993-1994-1995-
Old 02-09-2014, 05:16 PM

How do u mod these to our headlight
Old 02-10-2014, 10:13 AM

Originally Posted by Jacobaudi
How do u mod these to our headlight
As far as wiring is concerned, anything can be done. It's just like installing HID's. The fitting part will require some cutting, but they will fit. Mine sat so flush after a little trimming that I didn't even need screws. I just made a bracket and screwed them down anyway. But you will see once you get them. It's easier than you think. I believe someone had a post showing how to get them to fit. You may be able to google it
Old 02-10-2014, 03:26 PM

As far as wiring is concerned, anything can be done. It's just like installing HID's. The fitting part will require some cutting, but they will fit. Mine sat so flush after a little trimming that I didn't even need screws. I just made a bracket and screwed them down anyway. But you will see once you get them. It's easier than you think. I believe someone had a post showing how to get them to fit. You may be able to google it
oh ok but how about aligning the headlight beam it's that simple also
Old 02-10-2014, 06:33 PM

Originally Posted by Jacobaudi
oh ok but how about aligning the headlight beam it's that simple also
IMO, yes. I did everything myself, except the wiring. And I am certainly no expert.
Old 02-10-2014, 09:17 PM

Wow, so after digging around I found this thread.
http://forums.maxima.org/3rd-generat...n-bracket.html

Well, the picture is one I took because those are my brackets I used for putting E36 BMW headlights on my 92 max. (god damn was that blanket ugly)

No cutting was needed with these brackets. The brackets fit very well and the headlights line up very well, but not perfect, you wouldn't notice unless you knew to look.

I'm digging through my eBay account and I think I found the guy who sold them to me. I sent him an email to confirm if it was him or not and if he still knows where to get them (or if he can make them).

If he does, how many here would be interested? This would simply be me telling him there is interest and you could work with him to buy, or something. I'm sure I can figure something out with him so you guys can get some if he is willing. Will let you guys know!
Old 02-11-2014, 03:38 AM

Let me know if he does but it's not that hard to do without it
Old 02-11-2014, 11:35 AM

Here's what mine look like at night....

http://forums.maxima.org/picture.php...ictureid=39264
Old 02-11-2014, 11:45 AM

Here's what mine look like at night....

http://forums.maxima.org/picture.php...ictureid=39264
I have hid's on my stock headlights but I do like that setup looks good! Is that hoodscoop on your stock hood? And did you cut the hood to make it functionable?
Old 02-11-2014, 05:24 PM

I have hid's on my stock headlights but I do like that setup looks good! Is that hoodscoop on your stock hood? And did you cut the hood to make it functionable?
Thanks. It is a hood scoop, but it's not functional as of yet. However, it will be next week when I paint the car and put on the kit. I think she'll be one of the sexiest Max's out of any generation. Will post pics soon.

http://forums.maxima.org/picture.php...ictureid=39265
Old 02-12-2014, 09:54 AM

Thanks. It is a hood scoop, but it's not functional as of yet. However, it will be next week when I paint the car and put on the kit. I think she'll be one of the sexiest Max's out of any generation. Will post pics soon.

http://forums.maxima.org/picture.php...ictureid=39265
What make is the scoop? I think there's alot of nice looking max's out there that look very nice in their own way but yes it is a nice looking max. Are you putting the stillen kit on it? I have one on mine and find they are a very nice upgrade. I need to get more pics. of my 3rd gen up but you can check out my garage to see what iv'e done. I still have more to go though. Im debating on weather or not to keep it n/a or turbo it aswell. I have an aluminum under drive pully coming that's no longer made and an addco rear anti swaybar going in this spring. Upgrades can get addictive lol. Look forward to seeing more pics. of your max.

Last edited by ac max 92; 02-12-2014 at 09:57 AM.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:04 PM

What make is the scoop? I think there's alot of nice looking max's out there that look very nice in their own way but yes it is a nice looking max. Are you putting the stillen kit on it? I have one on mine and find they are a very nice upgrade. I need to get more pics. of my 3rd gen up but you can check out my garage to see what iv'e done. I still have more to go though. Im debating on weather or not to keep it n/a or turbo it aswell. I have an aluminum under drive pully coming that's no longer made and an addco rear anti swaybar going in this spring. Upgrades can get addictive lol. Look forward to seeing more pics. of your max.

Thanks. I'm not sure what make the hood scoop is. I went to the junkyard one day and seen it on an old Kia or Hyundai. I took it off because I thought it fit the car perfectly. I have the Erebuni body kit, which I believe is the same as the Stillen. As far as the engine, I think I would go with N/A for now, and the turbo when I have more funds to maintain it...and enjoy it! Post pics!
Old 02-12-2014, 12:08 PM

BTW, I seen your pics bro...your car would look badass with these headlights, especially since you have black rims! It would definitely stand out like a sore thumb. Your car is sexy tho
Old 02-13-2014, 04:22 PM

Thanks! What kind of grill is that between your headlights?
Old 02-13-2014, 10:51 PM

Thanks! What kind of grill is that between your headlights?
Its just the stock grill with a grille insert....Here u go, my gift 2 u

http://www.ebay.com/sch/sis.html?_nk...mId=8052745197
Old 02-16-2014, 01:21 PM
Get Off My Lawn

I don't suggest the headlights Badazz is using at least not in the form you would get them. They are worse than stock output as they come. Maybe with a nice HID kit you can get better visability, but I found them to be horid when I had them.

The US spec (plastic lens) E36 lights are not that expensive, running a couple hundred bucks and are better than stock from the start. You can get the Euro spec (glass lens)for a little more that has a projector for low beam. Updgraded with HID and the output is phenominal.

I found the US spec housings easier to install, but they do take some modification/work. If you're not comfortable around cutting and metal shaping/fabbing then this will be a hard project for you.

The housings Badazz uses are almost bolt in.....well, in comparison to the US or Euro spec E36's.
Old 02-16-2014, 01:35 PM
Get Off My Lawn

I found my old write up and the images. They DO still exist!!

Skymax hosted them, but this is my write up and images.

http://www.angelfire.com/trek/tko/bm...conversion.htm
Old 02-16-2014, 08:58 PM

When I first got them the range was terrible, but you cant get these lights and not add a nice HID kit to them! That's pointless. With the HID's, they are great. I posted pics before, or you can just check my page. Anything can be done to fix that, fairly easy at that if you know a good electrician or fabricator. Emerald Performance down here in south Fl. just makes any and all jobs seem easy. There's nothing they cant do so when people say in other posts that these cars cant be stanced and ride comfortably, I will prove that theory wrong....with 19in rims. So go for looks and price, then mods can be done to fix reliability and other issues. That's just my methodology.