3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Public Apology

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-2002, 01:09 PM

Public Apology

In a recent post (Called "I finally found a 3rd Gen CAI) It was made clear that the maxima on my website was not my own, but another members. I would like to say sorry to that person. But let me explain my self. The website was a project for a class at my university. I wanted to do it on my car club, but had none of my own pictures. So I used one I found online, which turned out to be the one the forum recognized. I assure you the problem on my part HAS BEEN FIXED! Let me know your reaction.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:01 PM
Eat, sleep, and sh*t 2JZ

Re: Public Apology

its all good, we just look out for each other, we would've reacted the same if someone was doing it to your car or anyone elses...no hard feelings on my part!

Originally posted by snoboarder
In a recent post (Called "I finally found a 3rd Gen CAI) It was made clear that the maxima on my website was not my own, but another members. I would like to say sorry to that person. But let me explain my self. The website was a project for a class at my university. I wanted to do it on my car club, but had none of my own pictures. So I used one I found online, which turned out to be the one the forum recognized. I assure you the problem on my part HAS BEEN FIXED! Let me know your reaction.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:02 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

give credit where credit is due. don't take other's work and credit yourself on it. if it's for school project...keep in on the school project don't make up things and say it's your.
ya know legal actions can be taken for what you did.
lesson learned.
Old 01-29-2002, 02:26 PM

Originally posted by DanNY
give credit where credit is due. don't take other's work and credit yourself on it. if it's for school project...keep in on the school project don't make up things and say it's your.
ya know legal actions can be taken for what you did.
lesson learned.

Truthfully, I wasnt trying to credit for myself, it was just a picture that I used. Granted, I should have takent the picture off the site as soon as the class was over. But Im lazy. Also, trust me, if I would had a scanner or digital camera, I would have used my car before that one, anytime. I like mine better.

Yes, I would have reacted the same way if someone would have used my ride for thier website.
Old 01-29-2002, 03:39 PM

Nope

I was sure not to use a copyrighted pic. No, legal actions could not be pressed against me. But yes, lesson learned.
Old 01-29-2002, 05:07 PM

Re: Nope

You better read up on copyright law. A photographer owns the image at the moment that it was created. Unless you asked permission you were in violation. You don't need a copyright notice on a picture for it to be protected by copyright law. Using an image without the owners permission can get you a nasty-gram from a lawyer real fast.

I was sure not to use a copyrighted pic. No, legal actions could not be pressed against me. But yes, lesson learned.
Old 01-29-2002, 06:24 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: Re: Nope

Originally posted by brubenstein
You better read up on copyright law. A photographer owns the image at the moment that it was created. Unless you asked permission you were in violation. You don't need a copyright notice on a picture for it to be protected by copyright law. Using an image without the owners permission can get you a nasty-gram from a lawyer real fast.

yup yup
Old 01-29-2002, 08:51 PM

I would have used my car before that one, anytime. I like mine better.

as if Nevin wasn't already mad as it is was...(probably anyway)
Old 01-30-2002, 12:14 AM
Donating Maxima.org Member

Re: Re: Public Apology

Originally posted by DA-MAX
its all good, we just look out for each other, we would've reacted the same if someone was doing it to your car or anyone elses...no hard feelings on my part!

WORD
Old 01-30-2002, 12:00 PM

Originally posted by noleafclover

as if Nevin wasn't already mad as it is was...(probably anyway)
Nevin mad??? What about Nevin? Why is my name being brought up?
Old 01-30-2002, 12:57 PM

Originally posted by SkyMax

Nevin mad??? What about Nevin? Why is my name being brought up?
well it was your car he said was his on the page. i put probably at the end cause i wasn't actually sure if you were mad or not, but like i said, it's sorta a compliment...
Old 01-30-2002, 02:10 PM

Originally posted by noleafclover

well it was your car he said was his on the page. i put probably at the end cause i wasn't actually sure if you were mad or not, but like i said, it's sorta a compliment...
oh ok.. I just saw the other thread about the CAI and realized that he was posting pics of MY car. No biggie.. I would have let him use my pics if he wrote next to it "This is Nevin's (or SkyMax's) car"
Old 01-30-2002, 09:39 PM

Re: Re: Re: Nope

Originally posted by DanNY

yup yup
he shouldnt have used the pic, but i really dount any legal action could be takin against it. like he said, its not copywritten and its not like he's making money off it or something. i doubt anyone would waste the money or that the judicial system would waste a second of there time on something like this.
Old 01-31-2002, 09:58 AM

The only difference between having submitted something to the copyright office for a copyright, or not, is how much you can sue for. The action that the owner of the photo can take is not limited to a law suit. Unless money is being made from an image the owner isn't going to be inclined to pay to iniate a suit. They may contact you personally, or through a lawyer. The owner is in the position of having to protect what is their's. If the don't take any action then the image would pass into the "public domain", and they would lose ownership rights.
Amature photographers and web builders don't pay much attention to intelectual property issues. Misuse the image of a professional photographer, and you may be in for a rude surprise.