3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

almost got Car Jacked!!!!!!! WTF (LONG ish )read

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2002, 07:23 PM

almost got Car Jacked!!!!!!! WTF (LONG ish )read

ok , my cosin and i were comming out of the mall at about 9:45, we were walking to my car and there was this dude standing next to it looking in. his hand was on my drivers side door lock, doing something, my cosin and i were walking down the lane next to it looing for the car.. as i see the car the guy see's us comming that way he slowly backs up and leans on the dodge neon that was behind him. ....We got in the car i turn to my cosin and say this dude was trying to jack my ride i said "i didnt say anything because i did not wana get shot stabed or raped.. he said noooo .. hes just wating for someone..
i said noo dude trust me! i went out of the spot and i did a small circle around that spot, when i came back he was gone i was like mother *****!!!!! we drove around the lot looking for the police (always there)

i find them and wave them over,, they pulled up i told them what happend they were like thanx and that dude took off at top speed .... well thats it .. a few seconds long and that dude would of had a new car... my factory alarm does not work (i think the relay is shot) now im looking into a alarm system.. i have to take the ricer NISMO wind shild sticker off .. it just says .. hi come steal my car

can relays go BAD??????
Old 01-31-2002, 07:45 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

relays can go bad..

don't wait until something happens to your car...get the alarm. it's cheap insurance.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:02 PM

RELAY

Originally posted by DanNY
relays can go bad..

don't wait until something happens to your car...get the alarm. it's cheap insurance.
ok how would i know if the relay went bad? the A/theft system light does not blink anymore .. if i pull the relay out . the car does not start up.... plzzz help
Old 02-01-2002, 12:06 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

Re: RELAY

Originally posted by ChrisCheezer

ok how would i know if the relay went bad? the A/theft system light does not blink anymore .. if i pull the relay out . the car does not start up.... plzzz help
well if the relay goes bad then it won't click..kinda like a switch.
check the control box and make sure no wires have been cut. the box should be behind the knee panel. craig b can provide u with some more info.
Old 02-01-2002, 12:42 PM

Something similar happened to me too back in the summer. I went to the mall and came back and tried to open the passenger door i noticed someone had stuck something in the key hole and tried to pick the lock and now my key wont fit in there..I think my factory alarm scared him off because mine works. Also at the same mall i almost had my wheels stolen because I came out and the cap that covers my lugs had been torn off and when i came out i think i scared him. You definitley need an alarm!!!
Old 02-01-2002, 12:46 PM

Get some Pepper Foam, It works wonders with out the risk of really messen the guy up
Old 02-01-2002, 02:19 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

umm

Originally posted by nstymax93
Something similar happened to me too back in the summer. I went to the mall and came back and tried to open the passenger door i noticed someone had stuck something in the key hole and tried to pick the lock and now my key wont fit in there..I think my factory alarm scared him off because mine works. Also at the same mall i almost had my wheels stolen because I came out and the cap that covers my lugs had been torn off and when i came out i think i scared him. You definitley need an alarm!!!
dont our factory alarms only go off if you open the doors without unlocking them? If so I dont think the alram scared him off or else when you got to the car it would still be going off. And someone was trying to steal your stock rims? damn people are grimey

With all my Multimedia stuff in my car im getting an alarm soon.
Old 02-01-2002, 02:33 PM

car alarm ....

how much.... lol
like the viper alarm system ( best?)
how much ???
what do you ppl think i should get, whats the best?
Old 02-01-2002, 02:37 PM
Needs non-Maxima Friends

Re: car alarm ....

how much.... lol
how much ???
well I know someone and I get him alot of buisness through my shop and team so Im only paying $145 and its a good alarm, my friend has it on his sentra and if you look at the car it goes off. Iff your anywhere near LI I can get you the same deal.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:07 PM
Ad·min·is·tra·tor

how much.... lol
how much ???
viper is good. so is clifford (but it's made by the same company, DEI).
you'll be looking at 150-250..ball park.
alarm is only as good as the install. so b4 you let a place install your alarm make sure you have seen their work. make sure it's a clean install. wires are hidden neatly..no excessive holes drilled.
if you have a auto you can get remote start..(you also can for 5spd but most places won't do it).
Old 02-01-2002, 05:16 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

Chris.....

Was this in Staten Island mall?

I didn't know it's still open that late.. i thought it closes at 9.. That sucks, i would never expect this to happen HERE. Worst thing I'd expect is some soccer mom to scratch it while backing up in her Excursion while putting on make up and talking on the phone simoltaneously.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:32 PM

I'm totally against car alarms. Just get the 5 dollar red dot that goes on your dashboard to let people think you have an alarm. Anyone whose really serious about stealing a car can unlock the car and disarm the alarm so I don't really see a point to them.
Old 02-01-2002, 05:36 PM

I love those alarms with the LCD remote. The LCD is basically a pic of a car, if it goes off because it recieved a shock, it'll light up that part of the lcd remote so you know exactly what part of the car was hit. Also whenever the alarm goes off the remote will let you know so you can go out immediately and see whats going on.

I think being able to know when your alarm is going off is more important than just having an alarm, people can steal stereos and all kinds of **** while the alarm is going off. If you have a remote that tells you that your alarm is sounding off..you can go catch the bastards in the act and rape them till they go blind.

These systems are a little more expensive, but well worth it in my opinion, people might look at you funny to have such an expensive alarm unit on an older car, but hey...if you value your posesession (and investment), then you'll protect it.
Old 02-01-2002, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by NYCe MaXiMa
Chris.....

Was this in Staten Island mall?

I didn't know it's still open that late.. i thought it closes at 9.. That sucks, i would never expect this to happen HERE. Worst thing I'd expect is some soccer mom to scratch it while backing up in her Excursion while putting on make up and talking on the phone simoltaneously.
yea the Staten Island mall....i love that place ... girls are soo hot there ....

-NYCe MAXima= are you from SI too?
Old 02-01-2002, 10:04 PM
...needs to please stop post whoring.

yea the Staten Island mall....i love that place ... girls are soo hot there ....

-NYCe MAXima= are you from SI too?

Yes
Great Kills

Hmm, the girls.. hmm, depends when and which, most are jailbait for me though

you should have come up for our little mini-meets! We had them in the Circuit City parking lot on Richmond ave right near the mall.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:08 PM

how much.... lol
how much ???
A massive, man-eating (or woman-eating; no sex discrimination here!) slobbering dog! Well..scratch the slobber part. Or you could just get "the club". My grandma has one, and she truly believes it works. I'm like "Grandma, it's a mental deterrant. It doesn't really work!" But she's insists that it does. But hey, her car hasn't been stolen yet, so what the hell..I read about this alarm that shoots flames out of pipes under the doors if someone tries to get in. Sounds cool! I'll bet it'd be easy to custom make.
Old 02-02-2002, 05:48 PM

Re: Re: car alarm ....

Originally posted by crusher84

A massive, man-eating (or woman-eating; no sex discrimination here!) slobbering dog! Well..scratch the slobber part. Or you could just get "the club". My grandma has one, and she truly believes it works. I'm like "Grandma, it's a mental deterrant. It doesn't really work!" But she's insists that it does. But hey, her car hasn't been stolen yet, so what the hell..I read about this alarm that shoots flames out of pipes under the doors if someone tries to get in. Sounds cool! I'll bet it'd be easy to custom make.
chillz because then they go in and steal every thing, and key my car up.. if i get an alarm they wont Brake any windows or anything!