3rd Generation Maxima (1989-1994) Learn more about the 3rd Generation Maxima here.

Who's Max is this?

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2020, 09:56 PM

Who's Max is this?

I went to the junkyard today to look for a few parts for my Isuzu Vehicross. I was also looking for some 3rd gens so I could take the keyless entry system box and the keypad and install them in my Isuzu because I miss having that feature. Damn I do miss my Max even if I got rid of her six years ago. Anyway, does anyone know if this red Maxima belonged to someone on this forum? Just curious, as I've been a regular here for years when I had my 3rd gen. It has obviously been very well taken care of. It's a 5-speed, and it has pillar gauges, custom pedals, quality dash kit, engine bay sway bar, and probably lots of other neat stuff that I haven't looked at or that was already removed. Almost looks drivable even now. Whoever you are, it was a nice ride, bro. Helped myself to the pedals and the shift boot/****. Currently located in Jacksonville Ace Pick-A-Part.

Last edited by Deridex; 08-25-2020 at 09:59 PM.
Old 08-26-2020, 12:42 AM

https://maxima.org/forums/maxima.org...d.php?t=706713

I think this is the same clunker you saw at the junkyard.
Old 08-26-2020, 09:34 AM
2 VE's are better than one!

That's Matt Blehm's old 3rd gen.

If you have time, and the ability, you should genuinely pull that engine out as it's pretty hopped up, and also scoop up the big brake parts. It's also got custom coilovers with Koni shocks on it that you should scoop if possible.

Real shame to see it wind up in the junkyard. Idiots are probably going to butcher that and pull all sorts of goodies off it without even realizing the significance or rarity.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:19 AM

yeah I saw that car before surprisedly it went to the junkyard rather sold to someone , I inquired about the car at the time when he had it for sale. It was way beyond the asking and also the work that is need is not worth the money or the drive to get it. So I was not surprised it ended up in the scrap yard for what it is, no offense to anyone.
Old 08-26-2020, 01:33 PM

That sucks. It is all about timing. I would have bought the car right now because now I have a budget.
The other issue is that I live in California, so I couldn't probably drive it legally.
I agree. Get some parts out of there.
Old 08-26-2020, 11:20 PM

Can someone pull the coilovers for me please? I need those asap. Also, how much extra would you charge for the labor and parts? Let me know!
Old 08-27-2020, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by Randy Watson
https://maxima.org/forums/maxima.org...d.php?t=706713

I think this is the same clunker you saw at the junkyard.
Yep, that's definitely the one. Good eye.

Originally Posted by James92SE
That's Matt Blehm's old 3rd gen.

If you have time, and the ability, you should genuinely pull that engine out as it's pretty hopped up, and also scoop up the big brake parts. It's also got custom coilovers with Koni shocks on it that you should scoop if possible.

Real shame to see it wind up in the junkyard. Idiots are probably going to butcher that and pull all sorts of goodies off it without even realizing the significance or rarity.
No kidding, sounds like it had just about all the upgrades that I once wanted on my Max. I wonder if it also has those famous Brembo rotors as well. So far it doesn't seem like it's been too badly defiled by the junkyard crowd, probably because it's such a rare car to see on the streets now.

Originally Posted by FanaticMadMax
yeah I saw that car before surprisedly it went to the junkyard rather sold to someone , I inquired about the car at the time when he had it for sale. It was way beyond the asking and also the work that is need is not worth the money or the drive to get it. So I was not surprised it ended up in the scrap yard for what it is, no offense to anyone.
What's even more surprising is that it still looks so relatively intact. I mean he could definitely have made several times more money by parting out even just a few parts before junking it.

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
That sucks. It is all about timing. I would have bought the car right now because now I have a budget.
The other issue is that I live in California, so I couldn't probably drive it legally.
I agree. Get some parts out of there.
Why wouldn't it be legal in Cali as long as it passed emissions? Or do you guys have laws about the car's age now? And yeah, I would normally jump on it and get as much stuff out as I could if I still had my Max. This thing would be godsend. Unfortunately I have no use for most of those parts now.

Originally Posted by badazzsupamax
Can someone pull the coilovers for me please? I need those asap. Also, how much extra would you charge for the labor and parts? Let me know!
Where are you located? Removing the coilovers would be pretty easy, but the shipping might be a *****.

Last edited by Deridex; 08-27-2020 at 10:40 AM.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:19 PM

Everything in California has compliances and they are a pain in the ***, if they are not up to snuff they won't issue you a registration on the car or they will label it as scrap part, not for legal use on Cali road. I saw a few of cars on car auction that was in California was tag as auction for parts, not legal for register or titled. I was like California is a pain in the *** about everything they have laws for this , for that.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:29 PM

Originally Posted by Deridex
Yep, that's definitely the one. Good eye.

No kidding, sounds like it had just about all the upgrades that I once wanted on my Max. I wonder if it also has those famous Brembo rotors as well. So far it doesn't seem like it's been too badly defiled by the junkyard crowd, probably because it's such a rare car to see on the streets now.

What's even more surprising is that it still looks so relatively intact. I mean he could definitely have made several times more money by parting out even just a few parts before junking it.

Why wouldn't it be legal in Cali as long as it passed emissions? Or do you guys have laws about the car's age now? And yeah, I would normally jump on it and get as much stuff out as I could if I still had my Max. This thing would be godsend. Unfortunately I have no use for most of those parts now.

Where are you located? Removing the coilovers would be pretty easy, but the shipping might be a *****.
Im in Palm Beach. A few hours away.
Old 08-27-2020, 07:36 PM

I need that grill also. Im in West Palm Beach. 33415
Old 08-28-2020, 08:58 AM

Yes emissions would be an issue. Since he has the Jim Wolf ECU. I'm not sure what that'll do to the emissions test.

Any car made be 1975 would not have to worry about emissions. Nevada has their version of it too. Some of it is better and some are worst than California.

How about the Struct bar to California 91304?
Old 08-28-2020, 09:37 AM

Originally Posted by Darkwing48
Yes emissions would be an issue. Since he has the Jim Wolf ECU. I'm not sure what that'll do to the emissions test.

Any car made be 1975 would not have to worry about emissions. Nevada has their version of it too. Some of it is better and some are worst than California.

How about the Struct bar to California 91304?
I'm in need of a nice strut bar know we're to find them ????
Old 09-08-2020, 06:44 PM

Does the car still have the transmission?
Old 11-22-2020, 09:58 PM

Someone has picked up the coilovers and subframe connector and other goodies left on it. Such a shame
Old 02-11-2021, 07:10 AM
STFU n00b!

Oh damn.. someone just sent me this link. been a loooong time since I been on this forum. life's been busy and taken me other directions (in a good way). I didn't have time to deal with it for a while with work, then I eventually completely lost interest with it due to family, racing, work, etc..

Sad to see it wind up in a junkyard, but Anaximander was having a hard time getting someone willing to work on the old girl. Can't fault him for letting it go. Not sure what all was necessary to get it DD reliable, but it certainly needed a paint job and some interior cleanup. Sitting outside in the TX sun and humidity was not kind to the paint, and

If it's still in that junkyard and has anything left, someone needs to grab the engine, trans, and Jim Wolf ECU out of it. It also had an RSTB if someone hasn't picked it as well. The engine was built w/ forged JE pistons at 11:1, and the transmission wasn't long since an overhaul. shifted smooooooth. Engine also had underdrive pulley, lightweight flywheel, ACT clutch on it..

Shift **** and boot cost me like $150 when they were new (back around 2001 LOL) that's a JDM yO special edition Z32 ****.

The dash kit had several parts that I made because I couldn't find one I wanted and the kits out there were incomplete. I think it was a Joshua Tree if memory serves- it's only been about 20 years.. haha.

Ahhh memories. Most good, a few not so good. But nothing lasts forever...
Old 02-11-2021, 08:17 AM

https://m.facebook.com/groups/362479...0657695414918/

SECOND POST

https://m.facebook.com/groups/362479...1601285320559/

Car was picked of what was able to salvage and sent to the crusher. It was talked about. Such a sad ending. But some of the parts was saved.. not sure if the engine made it.. good to see you around Matt

Last edited by crazy4maxima; 02-11-2021 at 09:11 AM.